The Bill

BLUMENKOHL

Yesterday I sat down after work and did some quick look over my online transactions for music over the last 5 years.

Specifically I looked at how much was going towards iTunes and music through online vendors like Amazon. I rounded down the figures below to the nearest hundreds to make me feel better:

2005 - $300

2006 - $200

2007 - $200

2008 - $500

2009 - $700

2010 - $300 (On going).

blink.gif

I need to stop listening to music. And what in the hellllll happened from 2008-20010?! (I'll tell you what happened, over-priced re-releases from our lovely labels! Bastards giving us good music repackaged all nice and shiny!)

The whole iTunes $0.99 doesn't seem so bad when you click it once a day or so. ohmy.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really the longer your username is, it probably just became a signature real estate issue (I did some bad planning). I know I stop to look at the guy with the autographed Hook pretty often. :P

Honestly Mark, I feel like my subconscious MAY be suppressing part of the transactions. Like an old creaky door in your house you never ever open for fear of the truth that lies within.

Honestly Mark, I feel like my subconscious MAY be suppressing part of the transactions. Like an old creaky door in your house you never ever open for fear of the truth that lies within.

:P

I feel honored to have made your list, even at a low priority :P

I didn't make it. I just wanna know one simple thing... when do I get to become an Islander?

Yesterday I sat down after work and did some quick look over my online transactions for music over the last 5 years.

What do your offline transactions for music over the last five years look like?

I visit every day but I guess I don't post enough.

Same for me.. I guess I'm not even irrelevant anymore

apropos:

http://www.dilbert.com/2010-07-21/

It's time to revive your insults thread.

Oh my goodness. :P I'm pretty sure you spent more on music in iTunes last year than I've spent on any music...ever. Then again, I've still got a lot of years ahead of me.

Also...yes, you do have bad taste. I'm glad I didn't get lumped in the more interesting idiots in your high priority list. ;)

I'm scared to even begin to add up what I've spent.

Ditto. I don't even want to count the albums and assume an average of $20 for the new ones and $5-$10 for the used ones. The receipts are all in my email archives if I wanted to add it up.

I don't buy online from iTunes or Amazon, but ConcertVault is starting to make a presence in my online spending.

Like the song says: "We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost".

Why am I not surprised that you'd quote them, too? :P

Specifically I looked at how much was going towards iTunes and music through online vendors like Amazon. I rounded down the figures below to the nearest hundreds to make me feel better:

2005 - $300

2006 - $200

2007 - $200

2008 - $500

2009 - $700

2010 - $300 (On going).

blink.gif

What? No Alexscreamers? No Incancus? No Morlock? No Pixie_Twinlke? No Greg 1138?

I need to stop listening to music. And what in the hellllll happened from 2008-20010?! (I'll tell you what happened, over-priced re-releases from our lovely labels! Bastards giving us good music repackaged all nice and shiny!)

The whole iTunes $0.99 doesn't seem so bad when you click it once a day or so. ohmy.gif

Who was the alcohol guy?

Wasn't he the really religious guy with similar mention in his username? I remember the fight.

D'oeth, split post on the reply.

What? No Alexscreamers? No Incancus? No Morlock? No Pixie_Twinlke? No Greg 1138?

Yea - Incanus writes the best posts on the whole board, and he didn't make the list at all. Strange.

You should edit your post up above. You accidentally typed your reply inside the quote of the post you were quoting

Who was the alcohol guy?

Wasn't he the really religious guy with God or Jesus in his username? I remember the fight.

I always thought that was gkgyver, but I'm probably wrong, my memory is hazy. Or am I confusing him with the guy who stormed off in a huff because we didn't believe in his alien crop circles conspiracy thingy.

Also...yes, you do have bad taste. I'm glad I didn't get lumped in the more interesting idiots in your high priority list. :lol:

A heathen of your limited stature has no say here in matters of taste.

Read the alcohol thread and find out for yourself!

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14454

I'd love to revisit that thread for laughs, but I find it pretty unbearable reading old posts of mine, to the extent that I actually cringe at how, well...cringeworthy I was, back then. Naivety may be cute, but it ain't ever excusable.

Why the stark jump in expenditure last year??

You know how many amazing film scores came out last year? Since 2007 we've been getting amazing releases with high regularity, its great

Read the alcohol thread and find out for yourself!

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14454

I'd love to revisit that thread for laughs, but I find it pretty unbearable reading old posts of mine, to the extent that I actually cringe at how, well...cringeworthy I was, back then. Naivety may be cute, but it ain't ever excusable.

It's an interesting thread, from the viewpoint of someone who hadn't joined yet.

Yeesh. I don't want to think about how much I've spent. But I have become more conscious of my spending in recent months, and have kicked a few composers off my "automatic blind buy" list. (Sorry Danny and Alan.)

$500-700 in a year is way beyond any reasonable limit for me. And I don't have a set limit per se, just my own sense. I have no reason to spend that much money on music. You have my sympathies if this is negatively affecting you.

Hang on a sec - I've just noticed I didn't even post in the drunk thread; yet I remember it well - methinks I was either banned at the time (as usual) or I bloody well dreamt it. Fuck knows.

Yea - Incanus writes the best posts on the whole board, and he didn't make the list at all. Strange.

Hey, I got a mention on the "what no...?" list. For now, that's good enough for me. :)

Alexscreamers

062907_jonatan.jpg

This is what I imagine Alexartsypantscremer looks like. So I can't take him or his artsy fartsyness seriously to stop and read. wink.gif

Incancus

Is that the Wizard Avatar Dude? Eh. He writes too many essays. I don't have time for such things. I need easy 2 or 3 sentence talking points. Bam bam bam. Done!

Pixie_Twinlke? No Greg 1138?

Quint gives me my British fix.

Morlock

Who?

Alexscreamers

062907_jonatan.jpg

This is what I imagine Alexartsypantscremer looks like. So I can't take him or his artsy fartsyness seriously to stop and read. wink.gif

He missed a button. Ugh.

2005 - $300

2006 - $200

2007 - $200

2008 - $500

2009 - $700

2010 - $300 (On going).

blink.gif

You music whore.

(Says the guy with the Spartacus avatar. August is going to hurt.)

Incanus writes the best posts on the whole board...

Indeed. Always a good read.

Alexscreamers

062907_jonatan.jpg

This is what I imagine Alexartsypantscremer looks like. So I can't take him or his artsy fartsyness seriously to stop and read.

No this is alexcremers

littlebigman.jpg

I'm scared to even begin to add up what I've spent.

Ditto. I don't even want to count the albums and assume an average of $20 for the new ones and $5-$10 for the used ones. The receipts are all in my email archives if I wanted to add it up.

I don't buy online from iTunes or Amazon, but ConcertVault is starting to make a presence in my online spending.

Like the song says: "We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost".

Why am I not surprised that you'd quote them, too? ;)

I don't know, Wojo, why ARE you not surprised that I would quote them, too?