Great movie explosions.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the one in Contact. It's beautifully shot...you see them struggling on the video monitor....crazy guy hits the detonator....screen goes blank and you see the explosion in the distance. Pretty neat! (if you stayed awake long enough to reach that part anyway)

I just last night watched The Sum of All Fears and, while I wasn't specifically looking out for them, I thought the sarce explosions in the movie were pretty remarkable (from the plane at the beginning to the always aesthetic A-bomb).

None really come to mind, though I recall loving the effect of the hospital exploding shot in the trailer for The Dark Knight. Preceded by a shot of Ledger clapping his hands, and with 'Molossus' from the first film, I recall moment.

That one. And, even better yet, it was for real.

Karol

And this one looked great on the big screen.

I'm sure it did, but nowadays, it just makes my brain scream, Photoshop Lens Flare filter! Photoshop Lens Flare filter!

Are you kidding?

I liked the one in Contact. It's beautifully shot...you see them struggling on the video monitor....crazy guy hits the detonator....screen goes blank and you see the explosion in the distance. Pretty neat! (if you stayed awake long enough to reach that part anyway)

That's a good one, very dramatic.

Two neat ones: The finales of V for Vendetta and Fight Club.

And this one looked great on the big screen.

I'm sure it did, but nowadays, it just makes my brain scream, Photoshop Lens Flare filter! Photoshop Lens Flare filter!

Are you kidding?

It's well known that Data is quite anal when it comes to visuals.

I just last night watched The Sum of All Fears and, while I wasn't specifically looking out for them, I thought the sarce explosions in the movie were pretty remarkable (from the plane at the beginning to the always aesthetic A-bomb).

I do like the final explosion, of Alan Bates' car (really, it's the tiny bit of tension with the lighter that does it for me). But it is in general a handsome movie.

That's a good one. Also when Enterprise D's stardrive section explodes and the shock wave knocks the saucer section into the planet. We had seen the ship blown up plenty of times before on the show under whatever circumstances like a time loop, but the destruction in the movie was damn effective. I still remember being on the edge of my seat as the ship crashed and burnt.

That's a good one. Also when Enterprise D's stardrive section explodes and the shock wave knocks the saucer section into the planet. We had seen the ship blown up plenty of times before on the show under whatever circumstances like a time loop, but the destruction in the movie was damn effective. I still remember being on the edge of my seat as the ship crashed and burnt.

That's another good one too and I agree. My brother David took me to see Generations in theaters when it came out and like you I was on the edge of my seat as well during that whole sequence.

I love the explosion on the air strip in Raiders. The one that spooks all the Germans and wakes up the Colonel. It's a fleeting view over the ridge as the camera pans over to the reactions of the men. Awesome.

Yea I didn't get it either

i got the first one but the second one...... im guessing its something from Indiana Jones

Second one is from Raiders, when the Flying Wing explodes. Either of you guys ever go to Sunday School?

Obviously niether Indiana Jones, nor Lawrence Kasdan, went to Sunday School, because if they had, they would know that they did not "put the broken pieces in The Ark", but that Moses went back up the mountain, and got another stone set. :)

i got the first one but the second one...... im guessing its something from Indiana Jones

Second one is from Raiders, when the Flying Wing explodes. Either of you guys ever go to Sunday School?

I did, thats how i know that the guy in the Y-wing that exploded was Gold-5

Call me stupid, but I don't think that Gold-5 blowing up is mentioned in the Book of Exodous. :)

Call me stupid, but I don't think that Gold-5 blowing up is mentioned in the Book of Exodous. :)

there is no book of Exodous there IS a book of Exodus however.

besides Gold-5 wasnt mentioned by the TEACHER in sunday school, but by the star wars fan sitting next to me

Call me stupid, but I don't think that Gold-5 blowing up is mentioned in the Book of Exodous. :o

there is no book of Exodous there IS a book of Exodus

Well pardon me for not being able to spell! I suppose there's no Book of Jenesis, either. :)