BloodBoal

XIII-3 ??? :conf:

You mean Lightning Returns? Yes it's good but I don't love it as much as FF XIII

BTW I recommend Final Fantasy Type 0-HD Composer Selections soundtrack. Choir and orchestra overload !

I think you will definitely like the rock part of the soundtrack. ;)

Just skip that hideous song... You know the one. :pukeface:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered Distant Worlds III from Amazon.com. It'll sit nicely on the shelf next to the other two. One can never have enough FF music. I hope it's as brilliant as the first one.

That said, I've also bought Final Symphony on iTunes. Though I generally prefer the concert versions of the themes (like how they're found on Distant Worlds), arranging the music in these lengthy suites is an interesting approach for video game music. Not a fan of the FF X piano concerto, because I don't like music performed by only one instrument. I need at least two.

I listened to DW3 once, but I can't truly have heard it until I have the disc and case in my hands. When my focus is on the music alone... I'm weird like that. :)

I'll let you know in what language it is, but I suspect it'll be in english, it's from the same label that did the other two, and nobody on Amazon is saying something about not being able to read anything because it's in some strange language. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered Distant Worlds III from Amazon.com. It'll sit nicely on the shelf next to the other two. One can never have enough FF music. I hope it's as brilliant as the first one.

You haven't listened to that one yet? :o

It's a mixed bag for me. Some fantastic stuff in there (You're Not Alone, Rose Of May, Battle Theme Medley...), but it also has some rather meh material.

And keep us informed regarding the cover and liner notes (if they're in japanese or not). Still haven't ordered that one, so I'm interested in knowing that.

My CD finally arrived from Amazon.com. As I suspected it's the US edition, so everything's in english. :)

• 1 year later...

Yea but Battle with the Four Fiends is an awesome cue and should translate to full orchestra pretty well!

Is that a real live orchestra?  Sounds a bit fake but I'm not on real speakers

• 3 weeks later...

The first album was the only one I had any interest in, and that's mainly because of adoration I have for Aerith's theme.  The orchestral version is a real knockout.  Does the quality hold up from one album to the next?

Thanks for putting that together!

It's somewhat surprising how much more FF6 has been represented than any other, but in a way I suppose it also makes sense.