Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2?

Zach

Something tells me WB Brazil never made any statement and that all of this in the end stems from compos24 original post here. ;)

I just don't think that any WB employee would email "Sorry, there was a mistake!" :/

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm certainly not trusting a Brazilian Portuguese-language fan blog.

Yeah, they're almost as untrustworthy as the American English fan blogs. ;)

I suppose that's what we're learning today.

I'm not getting my hopes up or letting them down until I hear something official from WB - not WB Brazil. And I'm certainly not trusting a Brazilian Portuguese-language fan blog.

Indeed, as The Groovy Yak can attest, Brazilians are not to be trusted.

By the way, has Alexandre Desplat ever had a score rejected? ;)

Serious question, though.

I'm not getting my hopes up or letting them down until I hear something official from WB - not WB Brazil. And I'm certainly not trusting a Brazilian Portuguese-language fan blog.

You sound like some kind of bigoted racist.

You sound like some kind of bigoted racist.

To the contrary, I am actually an unbigoted racist.

To the contrary, I am actually an unbigoted racist.

Are you, now? ;)

Anyway, it seems to me now that maybe the HP producers are waiting to hear from JW themselves... Maybe that's why they haven't hired Desplat for Part II yet. They want to keep that option open.

There seems to be no other reason why Desplat hasn't been confirmed for Part II yet.

Ok, so I imagine this. Williams decides not to it, but Korngold appears to him in a dream and says...

Korngold: John, you have forgotten me...

Williams: No! How could I?

Korngold: You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, John. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in Deathly Hallows Part II.

Williams: How can I go back? I'm not the same I used to be!

Korngold: Remember who you are. You are John Williams, the one and true king. Remember...

(Williams wakes up)

Williams: I'll do it!

Hello everyone!

I'm so sad about that, but, as you know: we received an e-mail from WB Brazil saying that "There was a mistake". John Williams is not confirmed as the composer of DH part II. :/ It was not my fault, neither Potterish's.

And they just said that Alexandre Desplat is confirmed to part I, no part II.

Hello everyone!

I'm so sad about that, but, as you know: we received an e-mail from WB Brazil saying that "There was a mistake". John Williams is not confirmed as the composer of DH part II. :/ It was not my fault, neither Potterish's.

And they just said that Alexandre Desplat is confirmed to part I, no part II.

Welcome to the board!

Yeah, sad, but nothing's been confirmed yet for Part II so... nothing's changed, really, since yesterday. ;)

Maybe they're waiting to hear from Zimmer.

Heaven forbid.

I wish we could just hear what Desplat has come up with.

Yeah, maybe... just maybe... once we hear his work, we'll be begging for him to do Part II as well.

;)

but nothing's been confirmed yet for Part II so... nothing's changed, really, since yesterday.

Yes. We just continue wondering who will be the composer of part 2.

And so does the rest of the world, my friend. ;)

Yes. We just continue wondering who will be the composer of part 2.

Since you are so new here... I'm going to have to buddy up to you.

You may be my only friend on here in the next few days... unsure.gif

You know I just had a revelation.

Perhaps the producers of WB wanted Williams, but it was Williams himself who wanted Desplat to finish part 2 of Deathly Hallows.

Williams is a very humble man and it wouldn't surprise me. ;)

Maybe they're waiting to hear from Desplat, as in, to hear what he has come up with. And maybe to hear what our response is to what he has come up with. So they may not make an official decision till the album is released. (?) Or maybe due to our foolish, impatient, hype-driving, rumor-spreading debate, WB will be forced to make a decision early. Maybe they will even have to abandon their attempts to get Williams. And then it will be our own fault that we don't get another Williams score next year.

Or maybe they're just trying to keep it a secret.

You know I just had a revelation.

Perhaps the producers of WB wanted Williams, but it was Williams himself who wanted Desplat to finish part 2 of Deathly Hallows.

Williams is a very humble man and it wouldn't surprise me. ;)

No, your theory makes only sense if Desplat has been officially confirmed already. But he has not.

Mr. Olivarez, who is apparently on indefinite leave from JWFAN,

Hey you're right, he hasnt posted to JWFan since Sep 3rd!

Did somebody piss him off?

I predict two outcomes:

1. Desplat will score both parts but his scores will suck and JWFan will lament Williams' omission.

2. Desplat will score both parts and they will be a revelation that will sell millions and cement Desplat as the #1 Hollywood composer, but JWFan will still rate them lower than Gidget Goes To Rome.

Desplat is the only one, from Doyle and Hooper, that I get the feeling is a real fan of Williams. Also, he has demonstrated the talent to back it up. I think that he's going to treat William's original material with the respect it deserves.

Most importantly - he has been the only one who has stated a DESIRE to use Williams' original material, and adapt some of it to the appropriate imagery. Doyle and Hooper, I felt that they were acting as if it was some sort of contractual burden they had to bear. Desplat seems to have a very positive attitude and I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Desplat is the only one, from Doyle and Hooper, that I get the feeling is a real fan of Williams. Also, he has demonstrated the talent to back it up. I think that he's going to treat William's original material with the respect it deserves.

Most importantly - he has been the only one who has stated a DESIRE to use Williams' original material, and adapt some of it to the appropriate imagery. Doyle and Hooper, I felt that they were acting as if it was some sort of contractual burden they had to bear. Desplat seems to have a very positive attitude and I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

I have a feeling I will like Desplat's take on the HP franchise. I think I will enjoy it more if the question of Part II is behind us (one way or the other). If JW isn't doing Part II, I don't want my disappointment to tarnish my perception of Part I. So I hope the Part II announcement is well before the Part I album release.

That's the way to be, Jeff! :)

Indeed. ;)

I am curious compos24 however about your initial source who said Williams was scoring HP7-2. Did you hear anything else from him?

Did you hear anything else from him?

No, I haven't. Our main discussion wasn't HP7, we just meandered to it. I made a mental note of it, and decided to share it with the group. I'll wait for any news this evening. I'll contact him to see what his thoughts are on all of this. Hopefully, I'll have something to report!

Mr. Olivarez, who is apparently on indefinite leave from JWFAN,

Hey you're right, he hasnt posted to JWFan since Sep 3rd!

Did somebody piss him off?

Mark's doing fine, just taking one of his semi-regular sabbaticals.