Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2?

Zach

If Williams ends up scoring HP7-2, then 2011 could be a very interesting year.

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2

War Horse

The Adventures Of TinTin: Secret Of The Unicorn

The source material for these three projects provides a basis for what could - in theory - result in three great scores.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he ends up doing it, I hope he will record it in London. I know Williams doesn't like to travel anymore, but this would be a wonderful occasion to come in Europe one last time... and maybe give a round of concerts with the LSO! Ok, this is wishful thinking :P

I know Williams doesn't like to travel anymore...

You know? Did he tell you?

War Horse

The source material for these three projects provides a basis for what could - in theory - result in three great scores.

Was there ever a year when he wrote 3 scores? 4, yes. 2, yes. 1, yes. But 3?

Can't think of a year now...

I know Williams doesn't like to travel anymore...

You know? Did he tell you?

War Horse

Was there ever a year when he wrote 3 scores? 4, yes. 2, yes. 1, yes. But 3?

Can't think of a year now...

Just a couple.

1990 was the last time he did three scores.

Before that 1978 and 1977. :P

Well, Tintin was written last year, so maybe it doesn't count.

Yeah, and Stanley and Iris was written in 1989, but we still count it as a 1990 score.

No, but trusted people who knows him told me so. :P

They probably made sure he didn't have to travel if he didn't want to. Maybe it's the reason he agreed to score it (if the rumor is true)

I guess I might have re-add Mugglenet and Leaky Cauldron in my bookmarks now

War Horse

You are right, 2011 could be a very interesting year if Williams composes Deathly Hallows Part 2, possibly since 2005.

This is the moment Desplat has been waiting for -- the opportunity to show up his old idol. If Desplat has truly pulled out all the stops -- and he must have, because Pope Conrad said so -- then the musical superiority of the first half of Deathly Hallows should be so overwhelming that we will all have no choice but to crown Desplat as the new dean of film music.

This is the moment Desplat has been waiting for -- the opportunity to show up his old idol. If Desplat has truly pulled out all the stops -- and he must have, because Pope Conrad said so -- then the musical superiority of the first half of Deathly Hallows should be so overwhelming that we will all have no choice but to crown Desplat as the new dean of film music.

I'm really saddened to say that Hans Zimmer seems to be the new "dean" of film music already. :P

I'm really saddened to say that Hans Zimmer seems to be the new "dean" of film music already. :P

Indeed, when he gets nearly twenty minutes of air time devoted entirely to him and his work on a prominent American radio program, there's no questioning his preeminent status in the world of film music.

You know what I'm thinking honestly? I think Williams may end up scoring HP7-2, but I don't think the current rumors are based on any official signing or Warner Bros statement.

I think all of this - all the news on Potter sites, Brasilian sites, etc. - is based on the one post compos24 placed here about a week ago. ;)

It's a crazy "butterfly effect" kinda thing: compos24 posts an unconfirmed thing he heard from a friend (with good intentions of course) and a week later major websites are posting: "John Williams is scoring HP7".

;) Good job compos24. :P

Hello everyone. I'm a new user here and I'm from Potterish.com. I sent an e-mail to Warner Bros. Brazil last weekend asking: "Can you please confirm with Warner Bros. international if the composer of Deathly Hallows parte II is confirmed? I have heard some rumors about the return of John Williams to Potter series". [the rumor I saw in Conrad Pope's profile in Facebook, posted by one of the users here). And I received the following answer: "It's confirmed John Williams as the composer of DH part II".

I sent another e-mail to WB Brazil asking about that and an e-mail to WB international too. But I really think it's true, cause WB Brazil has never published a fake information about HP. Anyway, I'm waiting.

Hello everyone. I'm a new user here and I'm from Potterish.com. I sent an e-mail to Warner Bros. Brazil last weekend asking: "Can you please confirm with Warner Bros. international if the composer of Deathly Hallows parte II is confirmed? I have heard some rumors about the return of John Williams to Potter series". [the rumor I saw in Conrad Pope's profile in Facebook, posted by one of the users here). And I received the following answer: "It's confirmed John Williams as the composer of DH part II".

I sent another e-mail to WB Brazil asking about that and an e-mail to WB international too. But I really think it's true, cause WB Brazil has never published a fake information about HP. Anyway, I'm waiting.

Maybe the guys over at WB Brasil read the post of compos24 over here and concluded that John Williams must be scoring HP7 without officially hearing it. :P

Anyway; I hope you're right man. Thanks for posting. ;)

Wasn't there some big thing about a foreign news station that broadcasted a completely false story because they read it somewhere on the internet? This seems a lot like that. The "press release" reads like it was spit out of a free translator.

So does most stuff from Fox News.

*cough*DanRather*cough*

Thanks for the update. We'll see soon what becomes of all this.

The thing is, Mugglenet is treating this as a possible rumor until the WB confirms it, while Snitchseeker isn't going to post anything until the WB confirms it. Leaky and HPANA are treating it as a bona fide legit source.

We'll know soon enough by tonight. WB's going to have to confirm/deny Williams' involvement with DH part 2 because of the buzz.

War Horse

Actually, it's gonna be a great year even if JW doesn't end up scoring HP7-2... 2 new Spielberg movies!

If he ends up scoring HP7-2, it's gonna be spectacular.

It's a crazy "butterfly effect" kinda thing: compos24 posts an unconfirmed thing he heard from a friend (with good intentions of course) and a week later major websites are posting: "John Williams is scoring HP7".

;) Good job compos24. ;)

laugh.gif LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Now, I'm either going to feel like a prophet for sharing the first news that John was writing... or like a complete moron for being so wrong when all of this is denounced.

(Sniff)... I only had the best of intentions. I feel like a little kid, crying, while sitting in the middle of a battlefield while WWII goes on around him. The chaos!

Somebody should call the Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency to confirm, dammit!

By the way, I checked his resume there, but hasn't been updated. Same with other composers, so I guess the site is just outdated.

Mr. Olivarez, who is apparently on indefinite leave from JWFAN, reiterates his distaste at the prospect of Williams scoring the last film:

I'm not interested in seeing the HP films but I was hoping from a musical standpoint that Desplat would be able to take this and do something special. It would be a shame to switch composers in the middle of what is essentially one long film split into two parts.

As far as I'm concerned DH would need to have a musical continuity attached to it. Somehow I have a hard time believing that if Williams returns he will be "forced" to expand on ideas developed by Desplat from part I.

Williams is my favorite but I don't think this is a good idea. It's not about appeasing Williams fan's musical thirsts.

(http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=72018)

Damn, the first sites are correcting the news of today stating that WB has confirmed Desplat for part 2.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Where? I don't see any corrections made yet.

This is probably the most accurate article:

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/09/14/john-williams-to-return-for-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2/

Uh oh...

http://www.oclumencia.com.br/2010/09/john-williams-esta-de-volta-para-%20%20a-trilha-sonora-de-hp7-parte-2/

From Oclumencia: "UPDATED! The news this is a mistake and unfortunately the composer John Williams will not be returning to the Harry Potter series. Warner Bros.. informs the soundtrack of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and 2 will be composed by Alexandre Desplat."

The guys over at oclumencia something contacted WB... The say it's gonna be Desplat for part 2. Dream's over guys... It was nice while it lasted.

Looks like I was right all along. ;)

Mr. Olivarez, who is apparently on indefinite leave from JWFAN, reiterates his distaste at the prospect of Williams scoring the last film:

I'm not interested in seeing the HP films but I was hoping from a musical standpoint that Desplat would be able to take this and do something special. It would be a shame to switch composers in the middle of what is essentially one long film split into two parts.

As far as I'm concerned DH would need to have a musical continuity attached to it. Somehow I have a hard time believing that if Williams returns he will be "forced" to expand on ideas developed by Desplat from part I.

Williams is my favorite but I don't think this is a good idea. It's not about appeasing Williams fan's musical thirsts.

(http://filmscoremont...threadID=72018)

He's right.

The guys over at oclumencia something contacted WB... The say it's gonna be Desplat for part 2. Dream's over guys... It was nice while it lasted.

Well, either way it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Damn, the first sites are correcting the news of today stating that WB has confirmed Desplat for part 2.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Which sites? I'm not seeing anything denied or confirmed by WB. They will have to comment sometime today or tomorrow, though, the way things are going.

I'm not believing a thing unless the U.S. arm of the WB says who's scoring DH part 2. Mugglenet and Leaky still have the story up, and usually WB is quick to confirm/deny stuff for them (especially something as big as this film).

I'm really confused now.

Our source, flaviobessajr, who posted earlier in this thread, posted the following at Harry Potter Forum:

Hey guys! I'm really sad about what WB Brazil did! I just received an e-mail right now saying:

"Sorry, there was a mistake!"

It was not my fault... neither Potterish. It was a WB Brasil's BIG mistake.

I'm really sorry about that.

So we (or most of us) were right all along, including Conrad Pope:

Williams might return, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I'm not believing a thing unless the U.S. arm of the WB says who's scoring DH part 2. Mugglenet and Leaky still have the story up, and usually WB is quick to confirm/deny stuff for them (especially something as big as this film).

Yes.

I'm not getting my hopes up or letting them down until I hear something official from WB - not WB Brazil. And I'm certainly not trusting a Brazilian Portuguese-language fan blog.