What do you yearn to hear in Episode III?

UCFKevin

For me, it is quite simple.

A beautiful and incredibly long overdue extended version, hell, maybe even CONCERT version, of the greatest theme ever created by any composer EVER! The Force theme.

Well...in my opinion, anyway.

Also really hoping that Obiwan/Anakin duel has incredible music...a mix of the Imperial March, Duel of the Fates, the Force.....it just HAS to!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to hear the main titles recorded for TPM again.

I'm also looking forward to hearing lots of tracked music from previous films. The best part, I'm sure, will be hearing the music at the very end of the end credits.

:mrgreen:

Neil

I'm also looking forward to hearing lots of tracked music from previous films.  The best part, I'm sure, will be hearing the music at the very end of the end credits.

:)  

Neil

Not me! I want to hear the Clones Love Theme, DV's theme (of course) and from Jedi Luke & Leia & as well as the music from when Luke nearly turns to the Dark Side. Too bad we wont hear the last one, I'm sure it will be Duel of the Fates instead. GL has already said as much. :cry:

I think the Dark Side Beckons should be left in ROTJ, it's too special to be used any other place.

Neil..... you're quite predictable. No one will be forcing you to see Episode III. You and I are buddies, of course, but...this thing against Star Wars at all times, even when someones trying to have a worthwhile conversation...it's getting kinda old...

I would love to hear a deconstructed and corrupted version of the "Across the Stars Love Theme" from AOTC to mark the souring of the romance between Anakin and Padme. By this I don't mean a defilement or a desecration of this amazing theme. Instead I am envisaging what is already predominantly a tragic and bittersweet melody rather than a passionate love theme being taken to a higher level, where hate now plays a part. I'm predicting that Anakin will come to hate and resent Padme just as he does Obi-Wan and the other Jedi, and it would be great to hear and feel this arising out of the ashes of their love theme. You can already detect the despair in that melodramatic string passage in "Across the Stars" (used to effect a subtle, mournful tone in "Anakin and Padme" - Track 6) and I think this would be great played over any scene in which Anakin hopefully turns on Padme and their children. This would be the equivalent of the truly inspired "The Dark Side Beckons" from ROTJ. Can't wait :)

CYPHER

I agree with Kevin, and whoever has said this in the past. A combination of Imperial March, DotF, and Force, complete with chorus would be so fantastic!!! Although, I suppose they could use parts of Chase through Coruscant for generally the same effect. :)

Ray Barnsbury

I yearn to hear music that starts to bridge the Prequels and OT...stylistically speaking. One can hear inklings of it in AOTC, and I bet it will come to full fruition come Ep. III.

As for individual themes, I would love to hear, of course, the Force theme! The imperial theme is a must, as the Empire will be in its infancy at this stage. And oh,I like CYPHERs idea of a demented love theme very much, or at least even a demented "Anakin's theme" being heard as Anakin gradually descends into his inevitable fate of embracing the darkside....

wow....this topic gives me goosebumps! :)

I hope that Williams ends the finale of Episode III with a mysterious statement of the PARADE OF THE EWOKS.......foreshadowing the terrible events that are yet to come.... :biglaugh:

I hope that Williams ends the finale of Episode III with a mysterious statement of the PARADE OF THE EWOKS.......foreshadowing the terrible events that are yet to come.... :biglaugh:

Neil

I have to agree with Kevin! An extended version of the force theme would be nice, but if it will suit the film. I don't know

I also hope a few bits of the love theme from ATOC and the imperial march combined in which the start is the love theme which will gradually become the imperial march when the hate and thus the dark side is fully grown. Something Cypher suggested.

But a very good film score is not only re-using already used themes, but also creating new ones. Maybe a special theme for the breaking up of the republic? You could use the imperial march on that, but I think that is especially written for Anakin / DV.

But the using of some bits of the ewoks parade are little premature I think, that three films further. So a lot of time is between the EpIII en EpVI. Or do they go to Endor?

KraMB - who hopes for a elaborate force theme

As for me, I would just like to hear a newly recorded version of the opening title. I knew from the start that things weren't going to be great when I figured out that AOTC's opening was just tracked from TPM.

And I'm sure Obi-wan's/Anakin's duel will have some fantastic music, as will the final 30 minutes, as do all the films.....well, except for AOTC.

Jeff -- getting chills at the prospect of Ep. 3

What i want to hear most is a full release of Temple of doom. :)

:wow: Oh sorry. Were we talking about Star Wars scores again?.

In that case i dont give a damn what it will be like. LOL

Melange - Who cant seem to log in for some reason so is now a guest of honour (or horror)

...., as will the final 30 minutes, as do all the films.....well, except for AOTC.

What was wrong with the last 30 minutes??

Previously released music, choppy sound mix. Need I go on?

John Williams' challenge in writing the music for Episode III will be quite a considerable one. Ideally it should see progress being made towards the closer integration of the new prequel themes with the older original trilogy themes whilst still coming up with a sizeable amount of original thematic material and underscore. To date Williams has been surprisingly reluctant to rely too heavily on the original trilogy themes in the prequels and while for me this has worked to date, I feel it would be remiss if he failed to incorporate the Force theme, Yoda's theme and perhaps even a nascent Rebel Fanfare in Episode III.

More pressing though is the need to include and develop some of the prequel themes. If 'Duel of the Fates' has to be included in the finale (which I'm not too keen about because it really has lost its charm for me) then it shouldn't just be a cut and paste from The Phantom Menace but a re-working significant enough to give it new flavour and vitality. As previously stated the 'Love Theme' definitely needs some attention and it would be great to hear a corrupted 'Anakin's theme' as Beowulf suggested, a much darker version that ends in a near-full rendition of the 'Imperial March' in all its glory. Yeah, I'm pretty excited too :yellow:

CYPHER

What i'm longing to hear is a thrilling, perfectly constructed & pulse enducing action cue just like he used to write for the original trilogy:

Final Battle (ANH)

Battle Of Hoth (TESB)

Forest Ambush (ROTJ)

Know the ones I mean? Don't get me wrong I like some of the action cues in TPM (can't recall a great stand-out one from AOTC), but they just lack the initial punch and flair of the original action cues (in my opinion anyway)

what scissorhands said. i would also like to hear a pasionate, dark, and emotional rendition of Duel of the Fates. the Imperial March of course. but i would love a new villains theme of some kind. i don't know the story so i can't get very specific, whether it would represent a character or an army or what have you. but i think it would be neat for him to create another memorable Star Wars theme, this time with darkness and poignance that will represent the destruction of the Republic as well as the destruction of young Anakin.

Ted

Judging from the stypistic difference he decided to embody in Episode 2, who knows what direction he will go in next. Whatever it is, it'll be a great listen and a welcome addition.

I have to agree with Neil though, the shit that the scores have been put through in the actual films is a joke!!!!

Ok seriously, I just want some kick ass Emperor's Theme.

Hmm that could be used when the emperor brakes down the republic, hmm

great choice !!

I'm also looking forward to hearing lots of tracked music from previous films.  The best part, I'm sure, will be hearing the music at the very end of the end credits.

:P  

Neil

Maybe if we are lucky in the last 30 minutes of Ep. III, we will get music tracked from Ep. II, except we won't know its from Ep. II because it will be the music replaced by the tracked music of Ep. 1, that way we will all think its new music recorded just for Ep. III, and never know its from Ep. II by way of Ep. I.

:P  

Neil

Maybe if we are lucky in the last 30 minutes of Ep. III, we will get music tracked from Ep. II, except we won't know its from Ep. II because it will be the music replaced by the tracked music of Ep. 1, that way we will all think its new music recorded just for Ep. III, and never know its from Ep. II by way of Ep. I.

LOL

I don't know what your problem is. The music from Ep. 1 fits in perfectly in Ep. 2. This will also work in EP. 3. :P

Oh yeah, those edits in the music were hardly noticeable. Seems like it was almost written for those battle scenes and not scenes meant to accompany a giant fish. :roll:

Neil

but i think it would be neat for him to create another memorable Star Wars theme, this time with darkness and poignance that will represent the destruction of the Republic as well as the destruction of young Anakin.

Ted

something like that.

K.M.Tracking other people's posts because he's too lazy to write his own.

It's no joke. I'm with Neil on this one. While I hope it's a good an enjoyable score, the most anticipated moment will be the last chord of the end credits, as it will mean that this thing is finally over and that Williams and all of us are at last out of our misery.

It's no joke. I'm with Neil on this one. While I hope it's a good an enjoyable score, the most anticipated moment will be the last chord of the end credits, as it will mean that this thing is finally over and that Williams and all of us are at last out of our misery.

So how about you just don't see the damn movie? If it's making you so miserable, just skip it. No one's forcing you to see these movies.

I'll see it because I'm a completist. Like 98% of the rest of the world, I've seen the other 5 films in the theater. And I'm hoping it's a good film, so that I can confidently say that half of the Star Wars films are good.

Neil

I am waiting to hear the Darth Vicious theme, when he meets Darth Sidious to congratulate him on his victory over the Jedi.

Hopefully there will be flash back sequence of his battle and victory over Master Yoda. Can't wait to see Patrick Stewart as the ultimate Sith.

What could be interesting is if we'll hear the Imperial March in its full glory, only to be destroyed more and more, or be overshadowed more and more by the Emperor's theme, perhaps even a combination of the two at some point. That way we will realise the time for Darth Vader hasn't come just yet and will need to play second fiddle for a while in episode 4. Or something like that.

Then there's Leia's theme, perhaps a slight alteration to make it the twins theme or something.

What could be interesting is if we'll hear the Imperial March in its full glory, only to be destroyed more and more, or be overshadowed more and more by the Emperor's theme, perhaps even a combination of the two at some point. That way we will realise the time for Darth Vader hasn't come just yet and will need to play second fiddle for a while in episode 4. Or something like that.

That's a really cool idea. As you pointed out, it would explain the March's absence in Episode 4.

Ray Barnsbury

It just came to my mind that one thing that would make sense would be the introduction of the "imperial theme" in some subdued form as a theme for Tarkin (will he be in Ep. III? I hope so).

I yearn for a movie that will have the direction, pacing, acting, editing, etc. that will give Williams the opportunity to do something along the lines of ESB. Obviously the music and themes would be very different but its that sense of gravitas, of rich larger than life fantasy that the first trilogy had more of (especially ESB in my view). I'm not an expert on direction or movies but somehow the drama was much better constructed even if (or maybe because of) relying on Williams heavily.

Even though I'm fans of the prequel scores, I think he's been limited by the movies themselves. He's been forced to do a lot of failrly inconsequntial underscore at times, to do deal with hurried, cartoonish pacing at times, and, needless to say, I'd like his orginal music to remain in tact for the final product (although not even the ESB score was completely spared from the Lucas treatment).

I like others' ideas, though. This movie is calling out for some dramtatic, climatic music.

-Adam

So how about you just don't see the damn movie? If it's making you so miserable, just skip it. No one's forcing you to see these movies.

Yes but we are being forced to witness the desacration of the SW saga at Lucas' sinister hands. :|

What I yearn to hear and see is what to me would be the perfect ending. I highly doubt this will be the ending of the film, probably because the story will be constructed very different, but the ultimate ending would be this:

Anakin sits in close-up, sort of dazed, his head a wounded mess. He has just fought Obi-Wan in the last climactic battle of the Star Wars saga, and now sits in a black suit we can't really make out, but seems oddly familiar. A sad, crumbling statement of Anakin's Theme sounds, as he raises his head. A black shadow is lowered down, and over Anakin's head falls: the Darth Vader helmet. IMPERIAL MARCH FULL BLAST!!! Anakin Skywalker draws breath through his breathmask, the familiar Darth Vader breathing sounds, we go into a quick PULL BACK, to REVEAL DARTH VADER sitting in all his glory, when his meditation chamber shuts closed before us, and at that moment, we IRIS OUT...

*Drool...*

But this is just what I personally would like. I don't think this is how the film's going to end, but I have just been playing this image in my head over and over again, and it seems so cool.

-Marc, who thinks Episode III has so much potential, it can only disappoint.

:| Journey to the Island in MIDI format. (Nice!)

Don't forget it's also the Empire theme. And your idea doesn't make as much sense for the theme for the Empire. It's better that if it only starts to be used as boldly for Vader as it is for the Empire in TESB.

If you want to hear the force theme with some chorus, hear track 8 of Shadows of the Empire from Joe McNeely...

Good one Master Skywalker!

Still McNeeley's best work without question.

If you want to hear the force theme with some chorus, hear track 8 of Shadows of the Empire from Joe McNeely...

Good one Master Skywalker!

Still McNeeley's best work without question.