Intrada presents Spacecamp

Ollie

Thanks you all (especially Jason for all the info!)

Still need to know where the 'glitch' (or whatever error the disc may have) can be noticed.

Thanks again.

Still need to know where the 'glitch' (or whatever error the disc may have) can be noticed.

Thanks again.

During track 12, about 30 seconds in.

Thanks again.

During track 12, about 30 seconds in.

Ok thanks.

CD just arrived.

Listened to the first minute of track 12. Don't hear anything weird.

Questions: Could I have a "non-defective" disc? Do they exist, or are they all defective? What is the defect exactly anyway? A glitch, or something else?

Thanks for answering. For some reason I only want to sit down and enjoy the CD when I know it doesn't need to be replaced.

All 3000 copies are equally defected

I already linked you to the Doug's Corner where he explains the problem

All 3000 copies are equally defected

I already linked you to the Doug's Corner where he explains the problem

Sorry. Didn't read it yet. Going to mail Intrada in that case.

I already posted Doug's quote where he says to not do anything until they put the message up on their web site after they get the replacements. Emailing now would accomplish nothing.

I already posted Doug's quote where he says to not do anything until they put the message up on their web site after they get the replacements. Emailing now would accomplish nothing.

Ok, Jason now I *really* got to read that post of yours! ;)

Thanks for your patience man .

My copy arrived today. Surprise surprise it has the flub exactly where Doug Fake says it is. Other than that this album is just terrific, vintage 80's Williams. :)

I haven't heard it yet since I asked MovieMusic to delay mine until they get the new discs, but I would have simply attributed it to a flaw in the rip process. It happens from time to time and I just deal with them.

Just the album master. If the owners of the full score had mobilized and let Intrada release the full score, we likely would have gotten a corrected version of that cue from the original elements

Maybe some day

I had a weird moment today. I was at Disneyland for a few hours - California Adventure specifically - and as I came out of the bathroom in Condor Flats (an aviation-themed area), I heard familiar strains of background music that I shortly realized were from SpaceCamp. A few weeks ago, I never would have recognized it.

I had a weird moment today. I was at Disneyland for a few hours - California Adventure specifically - and as I came out of the bathroom in Condor Flats (an aviation-themed area), I heard familiar strains of background music that I shortly realized were from SpaceCamp. A few weeks ago, I never would have recognized it.

That would Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops version from Star Tracks II.

I have been listening to this a bit and while some of the tracks are superb, the '80s pop synth stuff is frankly bad. Even with the maestro's amazing gift he couldn't defeat the laws of synth awfulness (DX7 hell). Goldsmith faired a bit better but I'm really glad that fad went away like a fart in the wind. Blech!!!!

• 1 month later...

Just F.Y.I.

Roger posted on Intrada's message board that the replacement discs are still at the manufacturing plant.

So it's going to be a tad bit longer for those who want replacements.

Well seeing as it Sony, I imagine they have a bunch of projects going on as well.

But Jay and I both post at Intrada so we'll keep everyone updated.

Well seeing as it Sony, I imagine they have a bunch of projects going on as well.

Thanks Mark. Much appreciated. :P

Does Intrada want defective copies returned for a replacement?

Just thought: this might give some people a second chance to purchase "SpaceCamp", as some people might not return their defective copies. What happens to the defective copies? Are they destroyed? If so, then the defective copies which are not returned should go up in value.

No, Intrada will not want the defective copies back. And remember, when the replacements come out, you are only getting the disc.

This might be a time to warn people who missed out on Spacecamp to be careful on the secondary market. I would imagine there are those who will create their own artwork for the faulty discs and try to pass them off as new releases.

If Intrada does not want defective copies back, then how will they know that customer's request for a replacement copy is genuine?

I assume they will have in their records the names of the 3000 persons that got the Spacecamp cd..

So, if i request a replacement cd, they will check their records to see if I indeed had bought the original cd..

No, Intrada will not want the defective copies back. And remember, when the replacements come out, you are only getting the disc.

This might be a time to warn people who missed out on Spacecamp to be careful on the secondary market. I would imagine there are those who will create their own artwork for the faulty discs and try to pass them off as new releases.

Do those people also have CD sealing machines in their basements? I never received my first pressing of SpaceCamp because I asked MovieMusic to hold it until the replacement arrived (which means my Lawrence and something else are also "hostages").

Anyone looking to sell their faulty SpaceCamp would be wise to forget about the liner notes and just sell the original faulty pressing as unopened, and keep the second disc without artwork. There are some people for whom the fancy paper and jewel case are more a burden than a blessing as you run out of room to store stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Its completely irrelevant where you ordered it from; Intrada has not yet even received the correct discs from Sony's pressing plant yet.

You can find the latest updates here:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3612

That's exactly what it is. Its been out of Intrada's hands from the moment they requested replacements from Sony's plant. Now they are waiting patiently just like we are

Yet some believe Intrada should just deliver them with a snap of a finger. It's kind of hard for Intrada to deliver something when the main studio themselves don't deliver.

I'm less concerned about SpaceCamp than I am with Tadlow's Lawrence of Arabia that I bundled with it; I don't remember the title of the third score I ordered to get MM's dolla shipping.

I'm less concerned about SpaceCamp than I am with Tadlow's Lawrence of Arabia that I bundled with it; I don't remember the title of the third score I ordered to get MM's dolla shipping.

My Predator, Lawrence of Arabia, Batman and Krull were bundled with it as well. I should have ask Peter to ship them separately.

Yea I ordered SpaceCamp with 2 other titles to get the $1 shipping, and when Peter emailed me what I wanted to do since the SpaceCamp discs were defective, I told him to hold the older and just ship it when the replacements came in.

However, the replacements hadn't come in by the time I was about to place another order with him, so I emailed him back and told him he could send me my order with SpaceCamp, and I could just get the replacement disc in a future order I place with him. That's what I'd recommend you do!

Well I did just order a triplet from MM and it slipped my mind, and since it's shipped, oh well.

But if Tadlow releases something about Cimmeria tomorrow, I'll make another order and ask him to slide those three in limbo to this one.

Doug's Corner:

Finally! We've been shipped our replacement discs to SPACECAMP from Sony's plant. We'll begin sending them out to people on our lists either separately, with pending orders for other titles or with your orders for our two newest releases for Tuesday, November 8... assuming you folks support the new titles. Even if you don't you'll get SPACECAMP. Please trash the previous pressing to avoid confusion but keep your jewel case and graphics. We're obviously just sending out the discs themselves. (We even corrected the product number typo on the label. You'll know you're getting a good copy because the volume number on the disc and the number on the spine of the packaging now match.) As promised, we're paying all the extra freight. It was our boo-boo, not yours. All you have to do is enjoy the new discs when they get to you.