What does John Williams drink?

I cannot picture John drinking beer.

He is rather sophisticated, so maybe he's a wine- person.

Actually, the thought of JW drinking any kind of hard booze seems wrong somehow. maybe he's a cocktail man rather then a guy who drinks a straight Bourbon.

Hmmm...John Williams drinking a Cosmopolitan. or is that too James Horner?

From the Close Encounters liner notes:

"He taught me about underrated Russian composers and good German wines, and I taught him how to pace the hallways and how to eat junkfoods." - Steven Spielberg

This thread would have to rank as one of the most ridiculus threads ever. Why not start a thread about what toilet paper he uses at the same time?

I suppose he has tried this one:

skywalker_2chardsfull.jpg

From the Close Encounters liner notes:

"He taught me about underrated Russian composers and good German wines, and I taught him how to pace the hallways and how to eat junkfoods." - Steven Spielberg

Good German wines?

I though all good wines only came from the mediterranean region...and France :)

When you are a struggling, 31-year-old film director, with one flop one mega-hit, and a film that has gone $10,000,000 over budjet, even Thunderbird, or Blue Nun tastes good. Besides, we all know that our Steve can't handle his drink...Witness the Steve McQueen/bar room affair.

I though all good wines only came from the mediterranean region...and France :)

I'm generally not a wine drinker, but there are good wines from Austria. Don't know about Germany though.

Perhaps Williams drinks Silvestri's wines?

I cannot picture John drinking beer.

If you take a look at the pic of JW in the Sound of Glory/Summon the Heroes CD booklet (the one with Tim Morrison), isn't that a tall, cold glass of beer in John's hand?

http://mahawa.jw-music.net/images/class/murphy.jpg

:)

Whops, missed that up there.

If you take a look at the pic of JW in the Sound of Glory/Summon the Heroes CD booklet (the one with Tim Morrison), isn't that a tall, cold glass of beer in John's hand?

For a beer glass that's rather small. Also... I hadn't looked at that picture in years, last time was before I learned that Murphy is one handed. Now I notice they're covering that up rather skillfully...

I've been looking for Silvestri's wine but they only ship to select states, Texas is not one of them. Plus it appears to only be available in Ca. locations for direct purchases.

The Mrs. is a wine "connoisseur", I prefer to call her a consumer. :)

Don't feel bad, Mark. Wine of any type cannot be imported into Pennsylvania. I can't even buy the deals at Wine Woot. I have to go to a state store for my wines.

Most of the cities in our county were dry, but within the past 5 - 7 years that has thankfully ended. Now liquor stores are popping up in the new malls. Plus wine is carried in most supermarkets here.

We had a new liquor store open with an a impressive wine selection from all over the world.

the photo i posted is Lucas' wine made and sold by Coppola's wine cellar from Skywalker ranch's grapes.

anyone noticed? :)

I've seen Coppola's wine in stores locally.

For a beer glass that's rather small. Also... I hadn't looked at that picture in years, last time was before I learned that Murphy is one handed. Now I notice they're covering that up rather skillfully...

Hmmm, yes, the glass is rather small. Still, that looks like beer--I've always assumed it was, anyway.

Has anyone ever drank Sammy Hagar's tequila?

That's a joke right, and my favourite Chinese meal is the cream of sum yun guy. ;)

Hold on, just logging on to wikip- SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THAT'S SACRED AND PROFOUND. He owns a tequila business!!!!!!! :o

Don't feel bad, Mark. Wine of any type cannot be imported into Pennsylvania. I can't even buy the deals at Wine Woot. I have to go to a state store for my wines.

Why is wine banned from Pennsylvania?

Even during prohibition in the 30's wine was not complately outlawed, because of it's use in Religious Ceremonies.

Langella in that movie. I'm a straight dude and I find him attractive. When he first enters the room and tosses his cape, then makes a beeline for the first chicks he sees. I wish I could be that sexy.

• 1 month later...
  • 12 years later...