What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

Michael Giacchino - LOST Season 1

Michael Giacchino - LOST Season 2

Michael Giacchino - LOST Season 3

Michael Giacchino - LOST Season 4

So many good themes....

JUPITER ASCENDING - GIACCHINO

Listening to this score again actually makes me wonder if there's anything else besides endless clusters of four chords being repeated ad infinitum. It becomes tiring quickly.

I want to like it but jesus after about an hour it outstays its welcome, and this release is 1 hour 43 minutes long !!!! There's also so little in terms of melodies that really stand out.

I know. Great band!

Something tells me that you were waiting for some reaction of mine just to post something, huh?

But yes, they're awesome and the best thing to come out of Holland... Oh and you can have Josje back, we don't want her anymore. :D

DreamTheater, you broke my heart today :heartbreak:

I've been doing that for a few days now. Don't know what's happening... I'm becoming someone else. :devil:

Actually the Commitment track (now playing) is alright. Sorry but give me any MOH he's done over this.

Listening to this score again actually makes me wonder if there's anything else besides endless clusters of four chords being repeated ad infinitum. It becomes tiring quickly.

I want to like it but jesus after about an hour it outstays its welcome, and this release is 1 hour 43 minutes long !!!! There's also so little in terms of melodies that really stand out.

Yep. It's longer than I can take, and it's all a bit anonymous. There are some real standout moments but... you know.

Yep. It's longer than I can take, and it's all a bit anonymous. There are some real standout moments but... you know.

Yup.

In honor of my 2,013th post...

The Book Thief :music:

While it's bit derivative and lacking the emotional punch of some of his better dramatic scores, it still makes for a decent "bonus score" in John Williams' discography.

Stop honoring yourselves and your post counts! :stick:

Unbreakable by James Newton Howard

Signs by James Newton Howard

Whats your favorite Within Temptation song?

Since discovering them with their seminal Mother Earth album, practically every song on it is a favorite, but if I had to pick one: Caged.

The Heart of Everything my second favorite album. The Unforgiving my least liked album.

I have everything apart from Enter, The Dance, and the Q-music sessions.

Black Symphony is a superb concert... they have a tremendous live sound and show. Awesome on blu !

Spanglish. A charming, thoughtful, and very endearing score for an equally charming, thoughtful, and totally endearing film. Whatever issues you may have with Zimmer's electronic business, it simply can't be said that the man can't compose a terrific piece of work when the need arises.

51kdNTOqr3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The most intimate score of the trilogy, imo. Lasiurus is a very effective ambient and mysterious track that still resonates with me for some reason.

Most intimate, definitely. That piece is really something. Ra's al Guhl's theme has this great indefinable quality about it that really captures the spirit of the character but also something more, and then that elegiac play on Bruce's theme... it really sets up TDKR if you ask me. You can feel where the story is going, even if it wasn't planned yet. It's really moving.

Checkmate by John Williams

M-Squad by Stanley Wilson (and John Williams)

Staccato by Elmer Bernstein

Peter Gunn by Henry Mancini

Thirteen Days by Trevor Jones

Just that one track or the whole thing TPG?

But yeah it is a decent score.

Whole thing! That one always stands out though as a vivid nostalgia inducer. Takes me right back to 12/19/01.

:thumbup: It definitely has the strongest nostalgia factor of the three scores for me as well. I have to reserve time to listen to the LotR trilogy in its entirety as soon as I am able. It has been a while.

The Empire Strikes Back :music:

The Phantom Menace :music:

For some reason the Battle of Hoth has been playing in my head all morning. Which is of course not a bad ear worm at all.

The Music of America John Williams:

I discovered this stunning album by stumbling upon this message board and reading about someone praising it, can't remember who.

I can't get into the bassoon concerto but everything else is to die for, some of the best performances of the respective cues. :yes: