What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

I seek out OSTs even if I've bought the latest expanded edition.

With the Intrada The Ghost and the Darkness you can have both in one awesome package!!!

This commercial plug was not endorsed or approved by Intrada.

I have both because I bought the OST years before the new set came out, quite cheap if I remember correctly. But if I were to buythe score for the first time now I'd stick with the Intrada version and forget about the original album since the same programme (and same takes etc) are already on the new set.

Ah collectoritis. Makes you do the strangest things. I should know as I have double dipped on occasion for a new version of a JW album.

3667.jpg35174.jpg

Young, accessible, melodic, sentimental Zimmer and older, experimental and atmospheric Zimmer.

Yet I adore both styles of the man. Not many film composers have evolved their own sound to the degree Hans has. It's interesting to hear them in succession.

Both scores work on a different level. Regarding Henry manipulates with its simple, beautiful, catchy melodies, Interstellar gets under the skin with its complex sonic palette.

Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible III

Wow, I hadn't listened to this in a while. I forgot about the strong LOST-influence, in the action music and the love theme. Sounded good, though.

I listened to the OST, the sessions leak, the OST again, and some fan edits. The OST is fairly decent, but misses some good stuff, and seems oddly balanced. The score shines better in complete form. I still don't rank this among Giacchino's best, or even in the middle really, its towards the bottom of his output for me. But I love everything he does, so I'd still call this a good score. The best parts here are when he's playing around with The Plot and the 60s sound. He doesn't make the Main Schifrin theme as good as Elfman did. Fun score!

3667.jpg35174.jpg

Young, accessible, melodic, sentimental Zimmer and older, experimental and atmospheric Zimmer.

Yet I adore both styles of the man. Not many film composers have evolved their own sound to the degree Hans has. It's interesting to hear them in succession.

Both scores work on a different level. Regarding Henry manipulates with its simple, beautiful, catchy melodies, Interstellar gets under the skin with its complex sonic palette.

:up::up::up::up:

Continuing my latest listen of Interstellar. It completely blows me away, my most satisfying listen yet. Not only because of its power but the ideas that are the backbone of the score. This has just climbed on my Zimmer top 10.

I admit I'm not listening to an album presentation, but rather my own playlist, including one very important track impeccably edited by a fan. :up:

It's a brilliantly constructed score, which becomes obvious in its complete form. And in the album form, it's just a kickass... well, album! One of my favorites from any genre.

All this talk about Interstellar and Inception... Just, ugh!

It's time to go back to basics:

04:02 - End. :music:

Quality score.

Crude shite.

I never understood the immediate love for The Rock, Broken Arrow or The Peacemaker.

Sharky, I thought you liked The Peacemaker?

In my opinion, it's the finest action score of that era from MV. It encapsulated all that was fun while anticipating things to come (Gladiator and other stuff).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSTlivMS6c

Karol

All this talk about Interstellar and Inception... Just, ugh!

It's time to go back to basics:

04:02 - End. :music:

Quality score.

Crude shite.

I never understood the immediate love for The Rock, Broken Arrow or The Peacemaker.

If you like Crimson Tide I shall forgive you for not understanding the love for the other three. :D