What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

The score is quite drab and heavy, not my kind of thing. And the film is like one of those "see it once just because' films. I can't imagine having the urge to rewatch it though.

But seriously, would anyone deny the drabness of that film and score? It's almost the defining characteristic. Would a Holocaust story call for anything else?

But seriously, would anyone deny the drabness of that film and score? It's almost the defining characteristic. Would a Holocaust story call for anything else?

"Drab" isn't the right word. It's definitely very somber, but it's far from being dull.

Drab is the word that comes to my mind. Of course that doesn't have to be a dirty word, so don't fear, I'm not criticizing the treasured masterpiece.

Drab is the word that comes to my mind. Of course that doesn't have to be a dirty word, so don't fear, I'm not criticizing the treasured masterpiece.

Good. I was about to use my Joker voice.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. What a classic. I know what love is, because I can feel it for this. A nice reminder that I have a heart and a soul. What more could you ask from a score? I miss Danny Elfman.

All that over Pee Wee? You must be a quivering wreck of human matter after you watch an actual great movie like E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, then.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. What a classic. I know what love is, because I can feel it for this. A nice reminder that I have a heart and a soul. What more could you ask from a score? I miss Danny Elfman.

All that over Pee Wee? You must be a quivering wreck of human matter after you watch an actual great movie like E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, then.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is an actual great movie.

Drab is a dirty word! And a good safe word.

I prefer "pandiatonic." Although that comes up in conversation with me so often, it had to be changed.

Good. I was about to use my Joker voice.

When I kill people in multiplayer games, apparently I do the Ledger laugh.

Nog for movie snobs like Lee or Alex.

No, nog for everyone! Let's get wasted!

Drab is a dirty word! And a good safe word.

I prefer "pandiatonic." Although that comes up in conversation with me so often, it had to be changed

Safewords must not have more than two syllables. Else, it gets too risky!

ANT-MAN - Peyton Reed (2015)

[...]

But the real, pleasant surprise is Christophe Beck's score, which not only works really well in the film, but also sounds really good! I think I may even rank it as the second best score in the whole MCU (behind Silvestri's Captain America). Didn't expect that at all (though I'll have to check it away from the film to see if I still feel that way). There's even a brief Avengers' theme statement in there. ;)

Ant-Man is on iTunes. Samples here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ant-man-original-motion-picture/id1017080757

The second Marvel OST I'll buy! A lot of fun!

Scott Surfs On Ants :music:

El Cid by Miklós Rózsa

Quo Vadis by Miklós Rózsa

Julius Caesar by Miklós Rózsa

Michael, you're aware you can start a thread about the score yourself, right?

Yes, but my threads usually die with little to no responses, and I don't think Ant-Man deserves that!

Krull by James Horner

Stunning, isnt it.

Breathlessly brilliant yes.

El Cid by Miklós Rózsa

Quo Vadis by Miklós Rózsa

Julius Caesar by Miklós Rózsa

Splendid trifecta, that. (Y)

Vangelis - Blade Runner

Meh. Score works great in the film, no issues there. But as standalone music, it's not for me. Ace end credits cue, though!