What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

I wasn't the biggest fan of JFK though I heard it only once and that a OST + DVD rip complete edit, have not heard BOTFJ

I agree, but I decided to tone down my enthusiasm for the haters.

Never tone down your John Williams enthusiasm at JWFan!

Never tone down your John Williams enthusiasm at JWFan!*

*as long as it's for one of the popular franchise scores

Nonsense! I enthuse where I will and praise what I like!

Koray?

A.I > E.T

CE3K > Superman

ROTJ > ESB

Now you are just being silly!

A.I > E.T

CE3K > Superman

ROTJ > ESB

Its hard to argue with this, seeing as I love them all. (except for A.I. and E.T.)

See, I mean all of that. But I'm called silly!

You cannot go about saying things that are against the Church of John Williams dogma!

Click click click click click click click click click click click click click click whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm

Nixon is a popular franchise score?

L.A. Noire by Andew Hale & Simon Hale

I'm a big fan of this one. They did a great job of creating the smoky hazy noire feel. The songs at the end are fantastic too.

Oh absolutely. The whole thing adds enormously to the game's atmosphere and is a big love letter to both classic and neo-noir scores. And works quite well on the album to boot.

Agreed... the music's as original as you can have in video game territory. There isn't too much Noir-ish music written these days. It worked wonderfully with the splendid art direction and script of the game.

Well I occasionally indulge in the vice of playing computer games...yes.

You've broken my heart!

Have you even seen the game in action? If you had I'm thinking you could actually be impressed by what was achieved in LA Noire, a 50s detective thriller in the grand tradition of Hollywood Noir films. Acting by some big names, high quality writing, a rich artistic look and attention to detail, a fantastic detailed reconstruction of 1950s Los Angeles, musical references to the period, and much more. No I'm not defending the medium... I just know what I'm talking about. :)

How about "simply not interested in video games"?

As in "I'll keep on saying video games are dumb and have nothing to offer, even if I only ever played one, because I like believing I know what I'm talking about, even though I'm completely clueless!"

I own a PS2! I am NOT clueless!

I brought Braveheart yesterday, effectively a 'new' Horner for me as I've not watched the film or heard the score properly.

The main titles resembled Enemy at the Gates' opening but this aside, it wasn't a bad score, the Celtic sound I liked but a few more re-listens is needed probably.

--

as for JFK, my two bits is to echo that the Prologue conveys that optimism of the New Frontier era so brilliantly. When I was reading Hugh Sidey's "Portrait of a President" (written in 1963 and quickly edited after the assassination) it tied into the Prologue's tone in my mind. Hence why the subsequent listening of Arlington was emotionally overpowering. The snuffing out of a light. Also, the Motorcade is my favourite as well if only for the evocation of the JFK theme.