What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

18 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The personality isn't ingrained in their clothes.

I... don't know how to respond to this. I don't think a naked woman has more of a personality, if that is what you are implying. Perhaps the clothes make her feel less awkward so the personality can shine through?

It seems a bad period for starting a Jerry Goldsmith CD collection, as pretty much all the Quartet Records Expansions are currently SOLD OUT.

But they are available in FLAC to buy...

Should I...

On 8/9/2020 at 5:15 PM, blondheim said:

I... don't know how to respond to this. 

You don't post here often enough to realize that 99% of Jurassic Shark's posts are attempts at comedy and are not meant to be taken seriously.  You can use the ignore feature if you like

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

You don't post here often enough to realize that 99% of Jurassic Shark's posts are attempts at comedy and are not meant to be taken seriously.  You can use the ignore feature if you like

I was attempting to lightly jab back. I suspected satire. I wouldn't have responded in a way that would ignite an issue that isn't artistic. I have no desire to do that over the net.

Yes, which is why I've said in the past

On 7/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, Jay said:

You try too hard to make jokes on this forum.  Your overall success rate of making people laugh would improve if you posted less often and didn't spread your comedy juice so thinly.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, Bespin said:

It seems a bad period for starting a Jerry Goldsmith CD collection, as pretty much all the Quartet Records Expansions are currently SOLD OUT.

But they are available in FLAC to buy...

Should I...

OF COURSE NOT. I WILL WAIT for reissues.

On 8/10/2020 at 2:46 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Good stuff, Bes. ONE SHOT is fantastic.

This one cue always felt a little bit different than the rest for me and I don't know whether that's a positive or a negative thing. It sounds very much like the stuff we're used to in modern thrillers.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (Michael Kamen) - Someone mentioned this on FSM so thought I'd give it another spin. Can't quite place this as a top Kamen, notwithstanding the prolific invention and fun throughout, it's just a bit too incoherent at times to be fully satisfying, although I'd be first in line for an expansion.

Fall of the Roman Empire (Dimitri Tiomkin) - The CPPO/Nic Raine of this is really great. I never quite got into Tiomkin to the same extent as some of his contemporaries, but this is a definite favour (on the other hand I find The Alamo rather goes on a bit... probably need to give it another go).

Slipstream (Elmer Bernstein) - Thought I'd give this another listen as it was mentioned elsewhere. It really is a shame the release was botched so badly that it's likely to be difficult to release again. Did Bernstein work with the London Symphony Orchestra for any of his other scores? I can't recall... seems unbelievable that this would be one of them though!

Also been on a Jerry Goldsmith spree, Under Fire (classic, one of my favourites), Innerspace (some great moments but it lacks a really great/memorable main theme that his other Dante scores have), Timeline (shame it got replaced, although Tyler's replacement is a pretty decent Goldsmith impression at times), Supergirl (does it need fewer whooshes? Probably...).

13 hours ago, Jay said:

As long as he laughs at MY jokes, he's alright by me!

😁

I currently spinning The Shadow with The Phantom on deck. I was inspired by another thread to try this. I do not know these scores as well as I should. I liked both in their films though. I may prefer The Phantom, but I am not sure if that is just because it is David Newman, who I think is very very good and mostly unrecognized for it.

Jerry Goldsmith - The boys from brazil (remastered OST)

That's a different side of Godlsmith, interesting but I'll have to see the movie to understand the presence of that grand goofy waltz.. I'm curious!

Nixon by John Williams

War of the Worlds by John Williams

God of War by Bear McCreary

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey by Howard Shore

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug by Howard Shore

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies by Howard Shore

6 hours ago, Bespin said:

Jerry Goldsmith - The boys from brazil (remastered OST)

That's a different side of Godlsmith, interesting but I'll have to see the movie to understand the presence of that grand goofy waltz.. I'm curious!

I had this score. I like this score but..

that waltz made me trade it away! 😆

It's like that insufferable lullabies from POLTERGEIST.

8 hours ago, Bespin said:

That's a different side of Goldsmith, interesting but I'll have to see the movie to understand the presence of that grand goofy waltz.. I'm curious!

As far as I remember, Bes, Jerry and Franklin J. had a conversation, and Franklin J. suggested a waltz as the musical "glue".

I think that it works,

7 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Anyway, I don't find the idea of Brazilian clones of Hitler so interesting...

It's actually a very good thriller!

Check it out

47 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

As far as I remember, Bes, Jerry and Franklin J. had a conversation, and Franklin J. suggested a waltz as the musical "glue".

I think that it works,

Yes it does!

In the film.

On record, not so much.

It needs the context of the story

27 minutes ago, publicist said:

He suggested 'waltz time' and Goldsmith even managed to translate the action parts into that.

Not just a waltz for musical reasons but dramatic ones. It is specifically an allusion to German waltzes of J.Strauss etc

G

38 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Anyway, I don't find the idea of Brazilian clones of Hitler so interesting...

Our current president tries to be a brazilian clone of Hitler mixed with Trump. Problem is, he's dumber than both.

58 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Our current president tries to be a brazilian clone of Hitler mixed with Trump. Problem is, he's dumber than both.

We can send you Justin Trudeau anytime!

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Fuck you, and your disaster box set!

Ps, can you lend me $75, plus shipping? :D

I confess this is a kind of luxury product. But there are "other ways" to listen to this boxset ;-)

6 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - James Horner  :music:

The very same! :D Plus:

- Clifhanger (LLL)

- Ben-Hur (Tadlow)

- Apollo 13 (LLL)

- Scott of the Antarctic

- Memoirs of an Invisible Man

RAIDERSCRUSADEDOOMRAIDERSCRUSADEDOOM

Indy box bonus disc!

Screenshot_2020-08-01-14-00-19.png

8 hours ago, Maglorfin said: