What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

Thomas and the Magic Railroad (Mann)

(Y)(Y)

----

Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

Maps to the Stars - Howard Shore

Apollo - Brian Eno

Chronos - Michael Stearns

Ignacio - Vangelis

Angela's Ashes

Munich

Amistad

The Towering Inferno

The Reivers

The Missouri Breaks

Always

SpaceCramp

War of the Worlds

Catch Me If You Can

Lincoln

Nixon - John Williams

Good Faleel, good!

Although that SpaceCramp must have been the name Williams gave the movie in his head while he was scoring it.

Angela's Ashes

Munich

Amistad

The Towering Inferno

The Reivers

The Missouri Breaks

Always

SpaceCramp

War of the Worlds

Catch Me If You Can

Lincoln

Nixon - John Williams

Are you participating in a marathon?

by some circuitous and lucky route on Amazon I found some tracks from old films and brought a few so:

Yangste Incident (Leighton Lucas)

Ice Cold In Alex (Leighton Lucas) -some say that the main title has similarities to the Star Wars theme or rather Imperial Attack. It's a damn fine film.

The League of Gentlemen (Arthur Benjamin)

Dam Busters (Eric Coates/Leighton Lucas) the theme as heard in the film followed by music heard when the dams have blown and you see the devastation.

As close to the entire score for each film, no more than three tracks each. As someone who loves The League of Gentlemen film thrilled to get the two tracks (the so-called Golden Fleece theme and film's theme).

All stirring in their way.

Catch Me If You Can by John Williams

The Terminal by John Williams

The Adventures of Tintin The Secret of the Unicorn by John Williams

Restoration by James Newton Howard

Snow Falling on Cedars by James Newton Howard

JUDGE DREDD - DISC 1

Can't get enough of this. I totally dig all the revised cues, they're just as wonderful as what we had on the 1995 release, yet subtly different at the same time.

This Silvestri has some big cojones !!!!

JUDGE DREDD - DISC 1

Can't get enough of this. I totally dig all the revised cues, they're just as wonderful as what we had on the 1995 release, yet subtly different at the same time.

This Silvestri has some big cojones !!!!

I love New Order Montage. Such a different interpretation of the same theme.

Don't you listen to any Williams scores? E.T. or something? Do you hate John Williams?

I went to a Back to the Future concert the other evening. Does that count?

Well JW obviously composed Back to the Future and The Legend of Zelda so I guess it'll do.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by John Williams: This is one brilliant score I listen to less often than I should because of the bad album presentation. 12 minute end credits suite reprising half of the opening of the album verbatim? What were you thinking JW?

Don't you start another conspiracy discussion on the HP!

L.A. Noire by Andew Hale & Simon Hale

Because it was written as a series of separate piece to be edited at will by film's director. It wasn't scored as a normal film would.

Karol

Yeah most of the material from the score is on the OST album, namely the suites JW composed based on the script, his visit to the set and his discussions with Oliver Stone. I think the end result is quite brilliant and Stone even incorporates JWs music effectively in the film.

I love how Williams used Tim Morrison's trumpet sound to connect all three scores of his Oliver Stone trilogy. There is such warm glow in his playing in the Prologue that captures the starry-eyed Americana optimism of the Kennedy era Williams is trying to convey.

3470.jpg

Though this will always be the lesser musical series if I compared it with Star Wars, the composition of Raiders remains goosebumpingly fantastic. I simply love Star Wars more.

Unlike some, I don't mind (and probably never will) how the music is presented here (2008 Concord).

Well until a new and more complete and more qualitative release happens. Which I'm not obsessing over. If it happens, great. If not, I have this.

To not have the 'Raiders March' open the album... I love that, that always bothered me with previous releases.

Keep it's most brilliant rendition for the end, that's how I love my scores.

One time I wasn't too keen on how the score opens, the foreboding stuff never sat with me well.

Also, a track like 'The Well of the Souls' still is a bit hard to enjoy but I can't deny it's effectiveness in the movie.

The two-part uppercut of 'The Fist Fight / The Flying Wing' and 'Desert Chase' !! Doesn't get much better than that !!!

The score is truly mindblowing and awesome to listen to but if I'm to be honest Last Crusade is my favorite (which will follow in a couple of days).

L.A. Noire by Andew Hale & Simon Hale

I'm a big fan of this one. They did a great job of creating the smoky hazy noire feel. The songs at the end are fantastic too.

Oh absolutely. The whole thing adds enormously to the game's atmosphere and is a big love letter to both classic and neo-noir scores. And works quite well on the album to boot.

Well I occasionally indulge in the vice of playing computer games...yes.

JFK by John Williams

Nixon by John Williams

Born on the Fourth of July by John Williams