Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

It's just a shame we didn't get more of the AOTC Finale cue. Granted that with what we have, we need only bits of the DVD rip to fill the gaps (and they appear quite clean too), unless you want the original Finale (which we still don't have an orchestral-style mockup for, let alone the whole piece).

Perhaps in Battlefront III then...

I'm currently downloading the beta rip for TOR right now. Alexander is going to do a little "how to" deal for extracting the files for me. The download is at 32.1%, hopefully it'll be done at some point either very late tonight or tomorrow.

Not much..5-10 minutes.Maybe closer to 5

It's all very short segments that don't add up to much. Maybe that cue where Padme gets attacked by crawling bugs in her bed is the longest... but it's not really important. And a few missing segments in early cues like You've Grown up and Palpatine's Plotting

About Palpatine's Seduction ending part again

Why would the slow tympani beat and all the background orchestrations that continue smoothly into the ending female choir part be interrupted by the Emperor's Theme statement? Why do i hear room sounds that indicate the cue was recoded as it is in the Galaxies file without the Emperor's Theme?

I don't care what Data says about the cue sheet it wasn't recorded with the Emperor's Theme.

Maybe it was dropped during the recording sessions. I heard about a Palpatine's desk scene that was deleted. Maybe that's why they dropped it?

Not much..5-10 minutes.Maybe closer to 5

It's all very short segments that don't add up to much. Maybe that cue where Padme gets attacked by crawling bugs in her bed is the longest... but it's not really important. And a few missing segments in early cues like You've Grown up and Palpatine's Plotting

So it's almost as nearly done as the ROTS score. I was under the impression that AOTC was not quite as finished. Thanks for the info. I'm not up to speed on the AOTC score. I've only recently begun to appreciate that score, as I always looked at that one as being inferior to TPM and ROTS.

AotC always much less material from the games...until now with The Old Republic. Must have gotten 20 minutes or so just with this game

About 35 minute total of unreleased music from all the games

About Palpatine's Seduction ending part again

Why would the slow tympani beat and all the background orchestrations that continue smoothly into the ending female choir part be interrupted by the Emperor's Theme statement? Why do i hear room sounds that indicate the cue was recoded as it is in the Galaxies file without the Emperor's Theme?

I don't care what Data says about the cue sheet it wasn't recorded with the Emperor's Theme.

You're right...why should we trust the sheet music, especially when we have Williams' own handwritten sketch AND an orchestrator's manuscript to verify? Clearly, there's a conspiracy there to make you think they wrote it and recorded it that way, when in actuality, they just wrote it that way to trick you, secretly recorded the theme separately, and then edited it back into the middle to match the false sheet music. That makes a lot more sense.

Or maybe I just like feeding everyone misinformation, KM. I guess that's probably more likely.

I think they recorded it one way, then added the emperor's theme later

Maybe the scene was longer and Williams wrote an insert

I know it's probably there on the sheet music but dosen't fit musically

Mark, the Emperor's Theme is in the sheet music of the only version of the cue. There is no insert.

You should do whatever you want to do for your own personal edit. If you don't like that bit why listen to it?

Well if it really does go there I have to add it

Is the "wind noises " synths or sound effects?

Or maybe I just like feeding everyone misinformation, KM. I guess that's probably more likely.

Yeah you know what I'm just trying to discuss the music. If you think I'm trying to purposefully call you out as a making up stuff it wasn't my intention

you and Trent are really overreacting to the slightest thing lately

I'm currently downloading the beta rip for TOR right now. Alexander is going to do a little "how to" deal for extracting the files for me. The download is at 32.1%, hopefully it'll be done at some point either very late tonight or tomorrow.

Any updates on this?

Yeah you know what I'm just trying to discuss the music. If you think I'm trying to purposefully call you out as a making up stuff it wasn't my intention

you and Trent are really overreacting to the slightest thing lately

FWIW, I actually agree that Trent was overreacting a bit to what happened recently, and I told him I felt that way. Regarding me, though...don't mistake me for being mad. I simply found it amusing that you were so strongly skeptical when, to my way of thinking, this is a total no-brainer.

Fascinating.. I simply found it amusing that you were so strongly skeptical when, logically, this is perfectly acceptable.

Fixed!

Well, I still maintain that "The Elevator Scene" music would've worked very well for the scene with tracked music where the Invisible Hand crashes onto Coruscant.

Even if it wasn't written for it, I'm sure it could have been adapted/rewritten to work very well. Too bad they tracked in music from TPM instead.

Any updates on this?

I opened up the first 3 archives and all there was was .xml and .ddd formats. I decided to switch and start from the bottom and go up from there. Numbers 39 and 38 only contained .xml, .ddd and .txt files. However, number 37 is the big kicker. That archive has over 91 THOUSAND...yes, THOUSAND files. It's currently still loading in the program Alexander told me to use. It will probably take quite a few hours to load and hopefully that is the archive with the audio portion for the game.

There's one archive that has over 91 THOUSAND files on it

Holy cow!

I hope there's a thousand more audio files in there!

Just went through all my stuff and found that Take To Your Ships is missing quite a bit of the alternate, 'lighter' take, and Anakin Defeats Sebulba... the game files we have miss one section! Considering that TOR's version of it is in higher quality than BF2, I'd love to have that missing bit in high quality.

By making a new edit of Palpatine's Seduction with Emperor's theme included I heard a trace of a synth that was left into the Galaxies file so it means the Galaxies file cut it out

So the Emperor's Theme does go in there as the sheet music says

:blush:

Fascinating.. I simply found it amusing that you were so strongly skeptical when, logically, this is perfectly acceptable.

Fixed!

I don't get it.

By making a new edit of Palpatine's Seduction with Emperor's theme included I heard a trace of a synth that was left into the Galaxies file so it means the Galaxies file cut it out

What a surprise! ;)

Fixed!

I don't get it.

It Was a Joke, I edited your post to sound like Spock.

I'm glad you finally have accepted that. :) BTW if you still have Henry's original recordings for Battlefront 2 (the in game material), file "seduction_deeds_scenes" it played that portion in full. Now the actual PC RIP of the game you can't quite mesh those together with a smooth play but Henry's recordings do help.

When going through the TOR game rip Alexander provided I noticed the cues for "Zam Chase", "Zam Is Eliminated" "Palpatine's Plotting", "Padmé Falls", "Dooku Vs. Obi-Wan" and "Yoda Strikes Back", and portions of "Finale" were practically their film version edits. So it makes me wonder if these cues actually came from the aborted "Ultimate Edition" that was reported back in 2002 (if you oldies, like myself remember that). All though grant some cues have clean intros and endings but it's possible they changed that for listening purposes if the CD had actually been released.

Speaking of AOTC, I will be making an editing guide at some point this week. I am in the process of redoing the TPM editing guide in the same layout as the ROTS editing guide and incorporating the new material from TOR.

When I do actually start my AOTC edit I'll make the editing guide for the score at the same time. That way I won't have to go back through and try and remember what order the files go in.

I finally found the two archives that contained wav files. I extracted the first one and currently renaming them. Well I'm keeping them as their original names but before the actual file numbers it has the words "DEADBEEF".

You can use a program like the free "The Rename" to automatically remove the first part of the filename.

I use that a lot for mass file renaming. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/THE-Rename.shtml

It could be an inside joke of sorts, I've seen it before, where designers name files with something that we wouldn't get but they do.

Great!

How many audio files are there this time? And will you upload the whole thing in one go, or do it in parts?

Well with the first batch there's 595, I forgot how many there are with the second batch. I'm checking the last couple of archives to see if there's music in those or not. As far as whether or not I'll do it in parts, it depends on the file size after I get everything done. As it stands the .wav files themselves are unplayable. It'll be too lengthy to explain the process but once I'm done with them I'll upload them.

You can use a program like the free "The Rename" to automatically remove the first part of the filename.

I use that a lot for mass file renaming. http://www.softpedia...HE-Rename.shtml

Thanks for the tip I'll do that.

Ok . here's what I don't understand

How come the music shows up as unplayable WAV format and we get some 128kbps OGGs in the end .WAV is supposed to be lossless no?

Didn't we lose quality along the way ?

WAV does not have to be lossless, no. It can be any format you want. Most of the time they are 16bit, 44,100hkz format like CDS are, but they don't have to be.