Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

For file 4B60538F_F540F6676BBCB39E there should be a small statement of the Separatist' theme (with the timpani roll) around the 28 second mark. You can clearly hear it was edited out but with some good editing it can be possible to replicate it with no sfx.

I'm slowly but surely continuing to work on the AOTC editing guide. I'm currently stuck on "The Meeting With Fett". There's a piece towards the end of the cue that I have clean from my previous edit (with DVD rips) and I can't for the life of me remember where I found it. It's an important piece too...

Try TFU2 - 134.ogg

or

Battlefront 2 - chase_coruscant_2

Joe had to do a mockup to get a clean ending as well

Stuck on yet another cue, "The Spare Canister Caper". I know that one of the two TFU games had the previously unreleased material for when Obi-Wan is flying over head and seeing all the Federation battleships landed. However, I'm not finding it on the lists. Can someone help me out here?

Figured as much. Ah well, as you said, the timp roll can be gotten off the DVD pretty cleanly, and it's easy enough to create a convincing version out of the OST Arrival at Tatooine separatist theme and the Zam is Eliminated one.

Please dont get angry...

but can someone explain why is better to do a piece of music editorially instead of having a DVDrip in a fan edit that contains other DVD rips?

I mean i understand the use of DVDrips but creating a completely 'fake' cue is creating your little piece of UE material into your complete edit... ruining the essence of doing a complete edit...

It's no different IMO to including mockups. If it's in the sheet music, then if we can't find it in the files, we will either mock it up using VSTi or recreate the piece using similar-sounding bits. This specific bit sounds believable.

We're talking a few seconds here Luke, and we're talking music that is intended to be there to bridge two other musical ideas together. The alternative is to fade out, have silence then fade back in. Or keep the sound effects. or this.

Ahem, if the notes are same music, and sound barely different, it is no different than in Man Against Beast with the same note repeated for 6 seconds, and is no problem.

i thought it was the entire sepparatist motif we were talking about.

Anyway.. to each his own...

PD: GL had a great idea of not letting Williams re-record the Main titles for AOTC and ROTS, i suppose. ;)

Or they planned on using the recording from TPM anyways - it's been reported that Lucas and Williams agreed after TPM was recorded to track music from TPM into the following movies. Obviously, Williams felt the title didn't need re-recording.

irony...

Or they planned on using the recording from TPM anyways - it's been reported that Lucas and Williams agreed after TPM was recorded to track music from TPM into the following movies. Obviously, Williams felt the title didn't need re-recording.

Yeah so williams just did feel to end the tradition of making one different orchestration for every SW film.

It's unfounded speculation that it was Williams who decided to not re-record the main titles for AOTC and ROTS. It could have been Lucas or any of the Producers on the film's decision.

It's unfounded speculation that it was Williams who decided to not re-record the main titles for AOTC and ROTS. It could have been Lucas or any of the Producers on the film's decision.

Exactly. All I said was that Lucas and Williams had agreed to use music from TPM in its sequels. AOTC used a lot of TPM's music, especially in the latter half of the film. ROTS depended less on tracking than AOTC did.

I think Williams was forced. or he agreed in this humble way. and did it because he know music was going to be tracked anyways.

Heck he even composed a finishing fanfare for ROTS. The man wanted to do a variation for each film.

Regarding the piece from "The Meeting With Fett", as I said for the instructions on how to basically replicate it you will NOT be able to tell the difference between the two. You have to use a tiny bit from a section from "The Library Scene", the timpani roll from the DVD (which is completely clean) then a bit from "Obi-Wan Eavesdropping". As I said there will be NO difference in telling the two pieces apart.

As Jason said it was necessary to have this piece in order to bridge the missing gap. The edit in the TOR material is jarring and horrible.

Regarding the piece from "The Meeting With Fett", as I said for the instructions on how to basically replicate it you will NOT be able to tell the difference between the two. You have to use a tiny bit from a section from "The Library Scene", the timpani roll from the DVD then a bit from "Obi-Wan Eavesdropping". As I said there will be NO difference in telling the two pieces apart.

As Jason said it was necessary to have this piece in order to bridge the missing gap. The edit in the TOR material is jarring and horrible.

I personally used a piece from Zam is Eliminated instead of The Library Scene. Same effect, methinks.

The material from "Zam Is Eliminated" sounds different from the orchestration point of view. The piece from "The Library Scene" that I listed in the editing guide sounds nearly identical to the one used in the film.

As a general FYI, I'll have the editing guide for AOTC finished tomorrow. I was gonna try and finish it tonight but I'm getting pretty tired (after 12am here). I just finished up "The Senate Scene"

My new theory is that Williams scored the clones reveal with the Trade Federation March because he didn't understand who the fuck was who in this movie. He probably thought the people on Kamino were the Trade Federation guys

Well, he wasn't the only one then. I too got headache the first time I saw the film.

Take also into account that the rough cut Williams was provided was likely just actors in front of green-screen and a few animatics.

The cost of modern movie-making...well, that plus an incongruent "plot."

I am genuinely impressed with you guys ehobsort through all the ptewurl message. I really appreciate it!

Could somebody with the sheet music for AOTC tell me how close have I got this to being right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2zcpsU2JFg

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to reply to you about this. I was at work when you posted it and I keep forgetting when I am at home. I should get to take a listen tonight or tomorrow.

Wow, so you guys are just plonking through each track figuring out if it's from one of the film scores or written specifically for the game? Impressive...

EDIT: I just found this page, which seems to have what I was asking about...

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19075&st=240&p=775489entry775489

Alright everyone...the long nearly week torture is over. Here is the editing guide for Attack Of The Clones. This was harder to do than TPM and ROTS, as this score was A LOT more complex than those two.

The hardest cue to really edit was "Yoda Strikes Back".

Does this mean you had to edit the score, to make sure you had your guide right (so you knew what cues you needed to use for short bits, and which ones not too)? and does that mean, when you finished your guide, you finished editing too?

LEGO Star Wars II and III have the actual clean opening for the TPM/AOTC shared End Credits, just so you know.

I don't have those files.

Republic Commando also has it...hence why I changed it.

LEGO Star Wars II and III have the actual clean opening for the TPM/AOTC shared End Credits, just so you know.

I do.

Republic Commando also has it...hence why I changed it.

I do. Check your PMs shortly.

Okay I'm going to say this once... there's only a very few people whom I'm going to share my AOTC edit with. Everyone else that has the capability of making their own edit IE: Faleel, KM you can do it yourself.

My Star Wars Resource folder (where I keep everything that's not from albums - game rips, DVD rips, other audio files etc) is currently as 21.4 GB, with over 5,000 files.