Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

There are things called terabyte external drives. They go for great prices on Amazon, Newegg....

Which is where I've stored my entire music folder (Over about 150 GB of stuff at this point)

I'm still looking for a way to acquire all of the rips to start work on this again. I pulled stuff from the old FTP site the first time around, and have since lost all of those. Now all I can find anywhere are the game OST's.

Don't forget guys: It's also very good to keep a backup of your important files on a second external HD. I keep my second at my parents house and exchange it regularly with the one at my apartment and update it. Sounds paranoid I know.

I'm still looking for a way to acquire all of the rips to start work on this again. I pulled stuff from the old FTP site the first time around, and have since lost all of those. Now all I can find anywhere are the game OST's.

Good luck with that...

It would take way to long for me to upload it all.

Maybe editing packs could be made with only the files needed to edit the Prequels, but even that is very time consuming. I have GB's woth of useless stuff JUST in case there might still be a usefull file in there somewhere

If you lost/deleted you older files (Galaxies, BF2,TFU,TFU2) your pretty much screwed. Might need to keep that for decades the way things are going with official releases

It IS a little confusing with the different filenames - for example, my Force Unleashed files have totally different file names than the ones in Trent's excellent editing guides, I"m not sure why...

Also, I'm not sure I ever got the Henry Buck files...

I don;t have the Henry Buck "original recordings" for Battle Front 2 but the game rip can be used the same

By the way where have you been for the past 10 years elvisjones? Assuming your the same elvisjones that used to be there around TPM time

Question: The Separatist theme in Thwarted Attempt...isn't moslty tracked form Meeting with Fett?

I don;t have the Henry Buck "original recordings" for Battle Front 2 but the game rip can be used the same

By the way where have you been for the past 10 years elvisjones? Assuming your the same elvisjones that used to be there around TPM time

Question: The Separatist theme in Thwarted Attempt...isn't moslty tracked form Meeting with Fett?

I've said that I ripped the game myself once using MFAudio (which outputs everything into one long WAV file). I'm willing to send the files if anybody wants them, the links appear to still be active (although I need to upload AOTC sometime)

Somebody with the sheets may be able to answer the question.

The problem with the actual game rips for Battlefront 2, is some pieces don't allow for a clean transition from the end of the file to the beginning if it's repeated. Henry's does...

The problem with the actual game rips for Battlefront 2, is some pieces don't allow for a clean transition from the end of the file to the beginning if it's repeated. Henry's does...

I believe that's because some rips cut out about a second of material. My original BF2 rip did the same.

Hey Mark, yep it's still me, I check in from time to time, but after ROTS came out, I kind of quieted down. Then some personal upheavals shook things up, but now I'm so interested in the newly available Star Wars music that I've been trolling the site a lot more lately.

Hmm ,the cues where it applies, like Going to Utapau and Dialogue with Mace, I can't really tell where I did the edit using the game rip

I think ggctuk is saying that he did a new game rip that doesn't cut off any fraction of music. So you don't need those recordings I did. Right?

The BF2 files I have do not have the titles that the editing guide has, instead the files just say ADCPM_and then a number. Anybody know how to decipher this or does anybody have an index of what the correct title is for each file?

I guess aside from the ones that can be pieced together from only the new material, I'll just have to lurk around and see what sort of finished edits others can come up with.

Lesson learned and I'll be hanging on to the TOR files at least for the next time.

edit: Whoa! Never mind. Just checked PM's. Thank you!

I think ggctuk is saying that he did a new game rip that doesn't cut off any fraction of music. So you don't need those recordings I did. Right?

Exactly.

The BF2 files I have do not have the titles that the editing guide has, instead the files just say ADCPM_and then a number. Anybody know how to decipher this or does anybody have an index of what the correct title is for each file?

No, as they probably renamed each file as and when they found out what it was instead of leaving them named ADPCM.

Thanks for the response, ggtuk. Even though it's not the answer I really wanted to hear. I'm kind of stuck now because my Bounty Hunter files have a bunch of sfx in them as well. I guess I can still piece the other files together. If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again guys.

I really do hope that the film version for "Augie's Great Municipal Band" shows up in one of the future Star Wars games. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't shown up yet...

Has it been confirmed that was actually "film version" and not just "musical" sound effects placed over/tracked into the score?

Bounty Hunter file 49: "File needs to be pitched up to match TOR files."

So about how much of a pitch shift are we talking here? I seem to be having a difficult time smoothing this one out...

(also, are the Force Unleashed 2 rips supposed to be mono? Some of those are importing very strangely...)

Does anybody know which cue actually begins the The Senate Scene cue in the film version right after the tracked music plays from TPM when Dooku has Obi-Wan in shackles? Is it tracked from TPM or AOTC? I am trying to do the film version of the Senate Scene and am not sure. Also, the end of the Senate Scene cue where Yoda & Mace discuss Geonosis is listed in the editing guide as track 93EE24B1_9644C0ECDA5DE6C3, but it actually should be track 1D48BA44_D9371703E441E5CB.

If someone can please guide me on the little snippet of music I asked about, I would appreciate it very much.

Also, could somebody also please help me with the Dooku Vs Obi-Wan & Yoda Strikes Back cues? I do not have the DVD rips, nor do I have the BattleFront 2 rips. Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Does anybody know which cue actually begins the The Senate Scene cue in the film version right after the tracked music plays from TPM when Dooku has Obi-Wan in shackles? Is it tracked from TPM or AOTC? I am trying to do the film version of the Senate Scene and am not sure. Also, the end of the Senate Scene cue where Yoda & Mace discuss Geonosis is listed in the editing guide as track 93EE24B1_9644C0ECDA5DE6C3, but it actually should be track 1D48BA44_D9371703E441E5CB.

If someone can please guide me on the little snippet of music I asked about, I would appreciate it very much.

Also, could somebody also please help me with the Dooku Vs Obi-Wan & Yoda Strikes Back cues? I do not have the DVD rips, nor do I have the BattleFront 2 rips. Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks!

The tracked cue prior to the Senate Scene is largely from TPM - it's a combination of "Arrival at Coruscant" and "Promoting Jar-Jar", with the ending being the actual ending for AOTC's "The Conveyor Belt". I believe BF2 has the majority of this tracked piece.

Thanks ggtuck! I am pretty much done with my AOTC edit now! I dug through the BF2 files and found the cues I needed. Thank you very much for the help!

BTW, I had one last inquiry about Yoda Strikes Back...when the cue plays in the movie as Dooku rips off the ceiling there are harp notes heard. Do we have that somewhere or is that sill unreleased?

Here is the cue I still cannot find that opens the Senate Scene. It is at 01:14-01:20. I listened to the Conveyor Belt cue and it's not in that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mVP8yqE2k

Thanks ggtuck! I am pretty much done with my AOTC edit now! I dug through the BF2 files and found the cues I needed. Thank you very much for the help!

BTW, I had one last inquiry about Yoda Strikes Back...when the cue plays in the movie as Dooku rips off the ceiling there are harp notes heard. Do we have that somewhere or is that sill unreleased?

It's all in AOTC editing guide I created. All though the edit in the film with the weird twinkling noises were done by the music editors themselves and is not part of Williams original music. There is also some notes that were horribly looped too. Just use the editing guide I made and it'll be fine.

BTW I made a huge mistake and I didn't realize it until now for the ROTS editing guide. For "Palpatine's Seduction", the opening was meant for file 29.ogg for The Force Unleashed 2 and not 26.ogg. Hopefully no one followed that mistake...

Hey I was haphazardly listening to some of TOR music. The file that starts with 1F6A91F - it has the marching droid theme but it feels like I've never heard this before. Anybody happen to know is this I or II - and where it goes? Maybe I'm being paranoid but I don't feel like it's in any of my previous edits.

ggctuk, a question-opinion about TPM.

what you call 7m5 insert, i have always thought is was the orchestral equivalent to the opening of the instrumental duel of the fates.

You could include it in your instrumental duel of the fates track, no? Better placed there than at the end of CD 2 :)

what you call 7m5 insert, i have always thought is was the orchestral equivalent to the opening of the instrumental duel of the fates.

You could include it in your instrumental duel of the fates track, no? Better placed there than at the end of CD 2 :)

I'd rather include it as an insert, as that's what I believe it to be.

I'm not caught up on the TOR files but quick question: is the whole cue there for "laser fight March" ?

I'd rather include it as an insert, as that's what I believe it to be.

why do you think its an insert?

if it is without a doubt, why do you think it's for the choral version and not for the more logical intrumental version?

Duel of the Fates was meant to be a choral piece, that much is clear. I'm sure there is no "purely instrumental" written version for the film, but I have a feeling that this bit was recorded in case Lucas wanted one, although he rejected the idea at first. This can be seen in one of the DVD documentaries.