Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

Yeah, I'm told he showed it to a group of close movie friends, including Spielberg, but I think his alleged "love" for DOTF did the penultimate reel in.

lucas original intention should have been having the duel in one same scene (as williams music suggests).

If his friends told him to jump from duel-space battle-gungan battle, that made him need more duel of the fates bits.

There was enough non concert version DOTF variations for that, though... :/

So, with what we found in the TOR beta, is Scenes and Dreams complete, or do we still have to draw from the DVD rip?

Trent, I'm using your guide for ROTS. For Palpatine's Seduction it says use TFU2 file 26.ogg. At first I couldn't find it, and now I know why - that's the file containing "Interior Tipoca City" from AOTC, not Palpatine's Seduction. Which file is the correct one I should use?

Trent, I'm using your guide for ROTS. For Palpatine's Seduction it says use TFU2 file 26.ogg. At first I couldn't find it, and now I know why - that's the file containing "Interior Tipoca City" from AOTC, not Palpatine's Seduction. Which file is the correct one I should use?

As I told you in PM the file is 29.ogg. I most likely did update it after making a couple of mistakes. You should have kept the editing guide as a link because any type changes are made it gets updated instantly.

I'm reassembling all my edits from scratch, this time I'm not applying mastering or including any tracked material where it's not neccesary.

There's still no reason to listen to tracked music from TPM while otherwise trying to enjoy the AOTC or ROTS score (IMHO)

It was pre-planned (by GL and whoever else) that for the big battle at the end of AOTC and several scenes in ROTS that they would track in existing music rather than having JW write anything new

It was pre-planned (by GL and whoever else) that for the big battle at the end of AOTC and several scenes in ROTS that they would track in existing music rather than having JW write anything new

Yeah, I remember JW mentioning it in an interview with Empire mag :

"At the time I was about to start composing Revenge Of The Sith, I had just finished working on The Terminal, and I was tired as shit. The Terminal was such a massive score (for which I recorded more than 4 hours of music), with over 40 themes and motives, that I had pretty much put all my energy in doing this film's music. So I said to George: "Geogeo (Yes, I call him "Geogeo"), I can't score this film you want me to score. I can do a few cues here and there, and I'm sure William Ross will be happy to provide some additional music, but we should use some of my music from Episode I and II, for the less important moments in the film, like when Anakin has just turned to the dark side and is about to slay all the Jedi there are left, you know. And you remember when you said that stupid thing about Duel Of The Fates being important in the third film, and you thought "How am I going to get out of this one?"; Well, why don't we just track it during Ani Vs Obi duel? That way, fans will think that you had it planned all along" And so we did! We fucked the fans pretty hard, and the best part is that they didn't even complain about it"

Empire, November 2005 issue.

vlol.gif

That sounds like something Burtt would say.

In all seriousness, though, planned or otherwise, to me there are only two pieces in each film that can be included from TPM: The Main Titles in both AOTC and ROTS edits, the End Credits introduction in AOTC and Duel of the Fates in ROTS. On top of this, I consider many of the edits to be very, very painful and sometimes difficult to replicate.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of extra things about the TOR material after somebody on FFShrine asked me to look into it:

E652E86C_32F54A12A38211AF - this is the insert Anakin's Test. At first I thought it was just a UE reprisal, but on closer inspection, it appears this is the insert alone - with a clean intro and ending.

136E169B_4AD6F9724FE1D150 - You know what, I have no idea about this one. It's Padme Falls insert, but it's the film version, with the extensions absent from the album. At first, I thought it was clever use of looping, but now I don't think so. It also sounds like it's an alternate take compared to the insert on the album.

07851637_6B061A6458D1A4C3 and C8EDD841_2CE7587C4C5C8270 - Droid Fight - These are AOTC Tracked material, but they contain the UE take. Shame it's not the same quality. I think at least whatever remains of the AOTC UE should leak.

74CC4370_C6A37AA15D874215 - Finding Kamino Insert. So the TOR Beta wasn't the only one to have it. Curious...

I've mentioned those before...

The film version for "Padmé Falls" at that point is definitely not clever editing. You can hear it's clearly edited in the OST.

I also mentioned those other two pieces are definitely the film version edits from the Geonosis sequences...

74CC4370_C6A37AA15D874215 is mentioned in my editing guide.

Elvisjones pointed out a file I completely missed... B045F2D1_A3AB0521BFD7BF87 is from "Palpatine's Plotting" towards the end of the cue.

Elvisjones pointed out a file I completely missed... B045F2D1_A3AB0521BFD7BF87 is from "Palpatine's Plotting" towards the end of the cue.

I can't figure it out. what cue is that?

Normally you use the DVD rips in your edits so I'd know where it goes but I can't find that part

• 3 weeks later...

Would Star Wars Kinect have any unreleased music? (is there any unreleased music we still need?)

WOW! More unreleased music! :sarcasm:

I lost ten years of my life expectancy, thanks, ro sajooc. :folder:

Starwars Videogames are dead

I know what you feel. My good memories of Star Wars videogames are dead, I won't play them in a long time.

Wow, none of you have sense of humors I guess. I think it's just silly fun and don't see what all the OMG comments are for. Is this any different than the SW themes getting disco versions back in the late '70s and early 80s? Or SW aliens being used in anti-drinking and driving campaigns or even being used in Richard Pryor's awful TV skit show? How's Robot Chicken that much different? Now if this were in a movie or an episode of the CW I could see the passionate disdain for such things. But it's a video game for kids for crap's sake. If anything it's a way for a younger generation to actually be introduced to SW that otherwise they may not have been interested in. SW became a money-making business for Lucas three decades ago. Remove the sticks from your behinds and your heads from your own rear's LOL

Yeah, they do. But the comments by some on here (not just on this topic in this thread specifically), seem to suggest the exact opposite. I guess I am just tired of the stereotypical. "OMG Lucas ruined my childhood memories" and "Lucas has lost his mind" when it reality nothing has changed but us. It was always a cash-cow even back in 1978 (Holiday Special?)

Lucas 'sold-out' the Star Wars brand a loooong time ago.

And I don't see it as 'selling-out', but I know a lot of people do.

i dont think its even lucas fault...maybe he is not as in control of the merchandise as we think.

According to drew struzan (in his book 'the art of drew struzan'), Lucas had nothing to do with the awful tinkering of the EPIII poster but Lucas film art or marketing director. Lucas in fact has the unaltered real painting on his office.

That is a very good point and I guess over the year's he may have slowly lost a lot of the control he once had.

I think a lot of that may also have to do with the fact he just doesn't have the time or the drive to even care anymore. His recent comments as of late regarding SW seem to suggest that he is burned out with SW.

I need to add that I don't care for the music in any of the videos, either. But I am not bothered by the SW characters dancing like they are in a club. Honestly, I think if they were dancing to remixes of existing SW themes then the response would have been mostly positive.