Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I am editing AOTC, The Meeting of Anakin and Padme, and the statement of Anakin's Theme has strings overlaid in the file, How do I work around this?

Anyone?

It's edited in both the OST and the games. There's a section of it that was edited down to omit the guitar in the film/game mix, and there's a missing portion of it found only in Bounty Hunter.

Also, why does the bounty hunter file "117" have SFX? and why does Battlefront 2 (PC)'s "zam_the_assassin" have percussion overlaid onto it?

My editing guide...save the link....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArU-TvzloXDxdFNRT3ZkejdEamtJY0NNWnpkNDk5SEE

Also, why does the bounty hunter file "117" have SFX? and why does Battlefront 2 (PC)'s "zam_the_assassin" have percussion overlaid onto it?

That percussion is earlier from "Finding The Conveyor", not "Zam The Assassin". I still used it for my edit because there's no other way to get it with out the percussion...just something the game music editors did.

For the most part of the music we have for Attack Of The Clones is fine, all though I hope we get more clean music in the up coming Star Wars game.

I mostly want the rest of the music from Revenge Of The Sith clean, which entails the following and is the missing just over 7 minutes or so.

Revisiting Padmé

This includes the rest of the cue, which primarily is the end with a clean ending.

Scenes and Dreams

The extra notes that were cut out towards the end from the album. I'd prefer that clean so it's complete.

Council Meeting

The rest of the cue we need clean, which is primarily towards the beginning before the Force Theme kicks in.

Palpatine's Big Pitch

Of course the missing segments we need to make this fully complete and clean.

Goodbye, Old Friend

True original clean opening for this. As with the previous games the opening gets cut for some weird reason.

I Am The Senate

Of course we need just the full original ending to be complete and clean. Maybe a couple of transitions that we need to make it so there's no DVD rips.

Swimming, Droids, Yoda Farewell

The missing bits for Yoda's theme and of course the segment that we need for I guess the Imperial March reprise before it goes into clean material again.

Padmé's Visit

The REST of the cue, complete and clean. We only have half of this cue.

The Boys Continue

There's a segment for transition about 43 seconds or so into the cue...that is going off my edit. I also wouldn't mind a full true clean opening.

Yoda To Exile

The REST of the cue!

Revenge Of The Sith (film version)

A true clean opening for this cue!

Padmé's Funeral

The REST of the cue!

A Home For The Twins

The film insert complete and clean, if possible. It also wouldn't hurt to have a clean ending for this. Making a "clean" opening for "End Credits" won't be too hard.

That about covers it for this score. If we can get those pieces clean then that would truly make the edit fully 100% complete and clean.

Clue's in the thread title.

Huh?

Obviously it's been moved by this point but there was a guy asking about the Star Wars LP. I was pointing out that this is for the Prequels.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while. Here's the cue list I came up with for TPM. It's not official, obviously, aside from the few cue titles and numbers that have leaked out.

1m1 Star Wars (Main Title)

1m2 The Arrival

1m3 Gas Leak

1m4 Droid Fight

1m5 Queen Amidala

1m6 The Droid Invasion

1m7 Introducing Jar Jar

1m8 Bubble World

1m9 Gone Fishin'

2m1 Darth Sidious

2m2 Tentacles

2m3 Theed Palace Arrival

2m4 You're Under Arrest

2m5 Escape from Naboo

2m6 Intro Darth Maul

2m7 Arrival at Tatooine

2m8 I'm A Pilot You Know

2m9 Stealing Food

3m1 Through The Slave Quarters

3m2 Running Out of Time

3m3 [source Music?]

3m3P2 Are You A Jedi?

3m4 Watto's Deal

3m5 Kids at Play

3m5P2 It's Working

3m6 The Sith Spacecraft

3m8 [Title Unknown]

3m9 Flag Parade

3m10 Jabba Introduction

3m11 The Race Begins

4m1 [Title Unknown] Lap Three

4m2 Anakin Defeats Sebulba

4m3 Anakin's Great Victory

4m4 Anakin Is Free

4m5 Darth and Qui-Gon

4m6 Coruscant Arrival

4m7 Queen and Palpatine

5m1 High Council Meeting

5m2 The Senate

5m3 Anakin's Test

5M3 Insert

5m4 The Chosen One PT1

5m5 The Chosen One PT2

5m6 Moving Forward

5m7 Naboo Temple

5m8 The Gungans

5m8P2 With Boss Nass

5M9 Promoting Jar-Jar

5m10 War Plans

6m1 Forest Mist

6M1 Insert "Drums Insert"

6m2 The Armies Face Off

6m3 Battle Part 2 C

6m3P2 Laser Fight March

6m4 Take To Your Ships

6m4P2 The Big Army

6m5 The Droid Battle

6m6 Up the Wire

6m7 The Great Duel

6m7P2 Duel Continues/Crash Landing

6m8 Qui-Gon's Noble End

6m8 Sweetner

6m9 Battleship Destroyed

6m10 The End of Darth Maul

7m1 Conferring With Yoda

7m2 Qui-Gon's Funeral

7m3 Augie's Great Municipal Band

7m4 End Title

7m5 End Title Part II

7M5 Insert "DOTF Instrumental Start"

The cue numbers bolded are the ones we know for sure. Some are just obvious. The ones in italics are titles I've added in. I left out Strings Cluster, the sith whispers and the DOTF intro we were sure started off Great Duel before. This is one I'd like to put to bed for certain, as I know I'm probably wrong on a few of these, or I've missed bits out etc. I'm trying at the moment to find how long ago it was when we had something official about the cue titles. October last year was the last time any new cue titles were revealed.

Speaking of which, I found this reply:

Most of the tracked TPM cues in both AOTC and ROTS are from John Williams' constructed takes and not the early mixes featured in most video games. The only different cue there is AOTC's use of "Escape from Naboo" which uses the percussive version. AOTC does contain a piece of Race Begins that we're missing - the transition between the first brass note and the snare roll that is obscured in the album version and shotened in the UE.

I realise now that's not strictly true of the music tracked into both AOTC or ROTS. The music stems from one take of each cue - in the case of TPM it's usually a different take than the ones featured in the games. As a matter of curiosity, I'd love to know how many times each cue was taken, and which takes were used to construct the final mixes, in all three films.

Also, one thing we also know: if a music editor for a LucasArts game tells us there's nothing new in the games, don't buy into it :P So there probably will be something new in 1313.

• 2 weeks later...

Cue titles gradually seem to appear at BMI website. (Many more are there for all prequel movies than before.)

BMI states that 4M1 is called "Start Your Engine"

It is right about all the other cues, so I would assume it is right about this one.

#4942472 The Race Begins

#4942473 Start Your Engine

#4942474 Anakin Defeats Sebulba

Also, for later cue listings... (? means that the entry is currently missing from BMI)

4942486 The Gungans

4942487 Promoting Jar Jar

4942488 ?

4942489 ?

4942490 Take to Your Ships

4942491 ?

4942492 ?

4942493 The Big Army

4942494 The Duel Begins

4942495 ?

4942496 The Duel Continues

Cue titles gradually seem to appear at BMI website. (Many more are there for all prequel movies than before.)

BMI states that 4M1 is called "Start Your Engine"

It is right about all the other cues, so I would assume it is right about this one.

#4942472 The Race Begins

#4942473 Start Your Engine

#4942474 Anakin Defeats Sebulba

If that's the case, it seems I was right about my initial assumption that the piece we identified previously as "Gungans Escape" does indeed go right after The Race Begins.

A long, long time ago, it was thought that Lucas switched Anakin Defeats Sebulba with what we once called "Gungans Escape". We now know that piece belongs in the Podrace. You can hear what I believe to be its proper placement in Racer Revenge file INTRO.

Also, for later cue listings... (? means that the entry is currently missing from BMI)

4942486 The Gungans

4942488 ?

4942489 ?

4942490 Take to Your Ships

4942491 ?

4942492 ?

4942493 The Big Army

4942494 The Duel Begins

4942495 ?

4942496 The Duel Continues

Does that mean the cue I've got as "The Big Army" may actually be made up of three separate cues? And Duel Continues... that might be in the wrong place as we know that's 6M7P2 as Trent found out from Jesse Harlin. It's possible they may not actually enter the cue names in order.

That is quite interesting and suspicious. Why would they go out of their way to add cue titles now of all times, not just for TPM but for AOTC too? The score's not out in the public officially in that manner.

Some of the cues from the BMI site were used from the Ultimate Edition. I don't remember who pointed that out...I know it was a member though.

It's possible "The Big Army" may have been made up from separate cues. We'll never know until the sheet music surfaces.

It's possible that the one unknown cue that starts out with that one rendition of the opening for Duel Of The Fates, may have been part of "The Duel Begins" or whatever...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Three guesses what caused that. It's also halted First Assault, which wouldn't interest anybody here, expect for the fact that it was a 'Step Zero' to SWBFIII, which would have led to more Prequel music coming out.

• 3 weeks later...

Well sad news for LucasArts, Disney has shut them down. I was wondering why Star Wars 1313 and First Assault were canned.

http://n4g.com/news/1224829/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-cancels-star-wars-1313-and-star-wars-first-assault

I think this might be the end of previously unreleased Prequel music in "future" games. I don't really trust Disney to make a decent Star Wars game.

I just wish the complete intended scores for the Prequels were released. It would save so much time and effort on having to edit things...

Dang it. Although I think it will still serve as a publisher, just not a developer. What a shame as well. You are right: with LucasArts now gone, any chance of getting the rest of the Prequel scores outside a sessions leak, or an official release, has just evaporated completely. Still, given the spate of Disney-related scores leaked lately, there might be a slightly better chance, even though it's still close to zero, of sessions leaking.

I'm beginning to think that Disney taking control of Lucas' property was a bad idea.

I read from the comments on that article that Disney had the Clone Wars cartoon series (on Cartoon Network) cancelled to. Which is odd because I thought that had pretty good ratings.

I'm sure they will be launching new animated series that tie into Episodes 7-9, rather than continuing to make prequel-era shows

If anything, disgruntled former employees who probably have fragrant access to the recording sessions for all 3 prequels could very easily leak it all online, purely out of spite.

I probably would.

Regarding employees -- I would suggest something.

Find a Star Wars game with unreleased prequel music... Then track down the individual responsible for the music on facebook, another homepage, etc. and ask them if they had any. If you think this is futile, it is not.

I wanted to track down as much information a series of videogames for my website at one time so that it could contain as much information about the world as possible. I went through EVERY single person in the credits to each game and tracked down each one individually (if possible) and asked them if they had anything left over from working ont he game. This was EXTREMELY fruitful. I ended up with much more than I ever expected -- I got complete verions of design documents, the actual 3d files used for many places in the games, many beta screenshots, hi-resolution videos (higher than the in-game quality), correspondenses bewteen team members, production artwork etc... (though I acquired different things from different people).

Just thought I would encourage something to take the time to at least try.

I'm beginning to think that Disney taking control of Lucas' property was a bad idea.

I read from the comments on that article that Disney had the Clone Wars cartoon series (on Cartoon Network) cancelled to. Which is odd because I thought that had pretty good ratings.

I mentioned it a few posts back.

Its a real shame disney cancelled the show without a closure. And that they cancelled almost the whole season 6 in the works... I was expecting a finale that was a rework of Palpatine's kidnapping, and that they showed the coruscant battle (with technology advanded that it looked almost like the film...) and end just when anaking and obi wan drop from hyperspace.

and dropping two highly expected games...they should just finish them and close the company then, so it closed with a bang....

this is worse than the cancellation of the next gen version of "indiana jones and the staff of kings".

More titles are on the bmi website now, but they just confirm titles we already knew.

Some new information here -

4942488 Armies Face Off

4942489 Laser Fight (alternate title: Laser Fight March)

4942490 Take To Your Ships

4942493 Big Army

4942494 Duel Begins

4942496 Duel Continues

4942500 Qui-Gon's Noble End

4942503 End of Darth Maul

I doubt it. It could be a requirement for them to actually register tracks if they are to be identified via Content ID System.