Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

I guess that could be true, given that they put "Moving Things Along" as "Welcome Lord Vader". As I said, it was only a possible title.

Maybe I should clear this up: by "How do you know this" I was referring to his certainy of the titles in TPM in the apparent absence of sheet music or a recording log.

A thought has just occured to me: what if the first part of "Theed Palace Arrival" is actually the final part of "Tentacles" and the film simply overdubs the bridge between the two parts?

The first half of Galaxies "mus_theme_jar_jar" also presents the first half of "Introducing Jar-Jar". It's not the same mix as the album (there are some similarities but it's not outright the same and some parts sound different). This should mean the album has the cue complete. It's also worth noting the UE also cuts down the last measures too.

A thought has just occured to me: what if the first part of "Theed Palace Arrival" is actually the final part of "Tentacles" and the film simply overdubs the bridge between the two parts?

Hmm?

Timestamps?

Hmm?

Timestamps?

Without directly using timestamps because mine will differ to others, if you look at the TOR files and then connect them thus:

3B0A3316_49CDF4FE75966699, then immediately after that E130508D_342554F570668C99 as opposed to mixing it straight on top of the string note of the last file.

Granted there's a gap because the TOR files fade out the endings of each piece, but I don't think they edited that part of the film extensively. So by my theory, 7131C5CF_6A721F8F87776604 would end Tentacles as opposed to 3B0A3316_49CDF4FE75966699. It would also account for this ending only ever appearing on its own. Of course, I could have this wrong, it's a work-in-progress theory and it's hampered by the UE's tendency to divide some tracks into their component cues and not others.

Hmm?

Timestamps?

Without directly using timestamps because mine will differ to others, if you look at the TOR files and then connect them thus:

3B0A3316_49CDF4FE75966699, then immediately after that E130508D_342554F570668C99 as opposed to mixing it straight on top of the string note of the last file.

Granted there's a gap because the TOR files fade out the endings of each piece, but I don't think they edited that part of the film extensively. So by my theory, 7131C5CF_6A721F8F87776604 would end Tentacles as opposed to 3B0A3316_49CDF4FE75966699. It would also account for this ending only ever appearing on its own. Of course, I could have this wrong, it's a work-in-progress theory and it's hampered by the UE's tendency to divide some tracks into their component cues and not others.

7131C5CF_6A721F8F87776604 is the unused section for "Theed Palace Arrival" that was cut from the film and the "Ultimate Edition". Where it would place at in the Phantom Menace game files as well as how it is heard here is the correct spot.

As far as whether or not "Theed Palace Arrival" would mix off the final note of "Tentacles" no one knows... we won't know for sure until we get the sheet music.

However watching the film at that segment "Tentacles" it doesn't fully end into the fade out, it gets cut off then goes back into tracked music before the opening of "Theed Palace Arrival". So it's very possible those two would go after each other.

Keep in mind too that some of the ending for "Tentacles" was cut from the film...

Hmm?

Timestamps?

7131C5CF_6A721F8F87776604 is the unused section for "Theed Palace Arrival" that was cut from the film and the "Ultimate Edition". Where it would place at in the Phantom Menace game files as well as how it is heard here is the correct spot.

As far as whether or not "Theed Palace Arrival" would mix off the final note of "Tentacles" no one knows... we won't know for sure until we get the sheet music.

However watching the film at that segment "Tentacles" it doesn't fully end into the fade out, it gets cut off then goes back into tracked music before the opening of "Theed Palace Arrival". So it's very possible those two would go after each other.

Keep in mind too that some of the ending for "Tentacles" was cut from the film...

It's true some of the ending was cut but I assume that accounts for the loop in the middle of the cue too.

• 1 month later...

I've searched a long time, but propably used the wrong search terms ;) So my quesion's: Is there an editing guide to ROTS with the different sources?

• 8 months later...

Most of the music has appeared clean in various video games over the last 9 years, and many fans have made great fan edits combining those bits with the OST, etc for an expanded presentation. If you're having trouble finding those, then you dunno how to use the internet

There are countless fan edits of the PT out there... it's just a matter of finding the "best" one. I would say, the more recent the edit, the better... at least, content wise.

Yes I know, with Game Rip, but I don't find the Game Rip of TOR, TFU etc...

And, I can not seem to find anyone who is willing to upload their work... I want so much to finnaly listen SW III witthout SFX :'(

Yes, but with the Video Game Rip AND DVD rip, we can make a Complete Score, SFX free.

And I search this.

But I must to find someone who created Complete Score, because I've not the tracks of game rip to make this.

Yup. Same for TPM and AOTC. The sessions have never leaked, all we have are fan edits made by combining various sources on our computers, and all the music hasn't leaked clean yet.

Yup. Same for TPM and ROTS. The sessions have never leaked, all we have are fan edits made by combining various sources on our computers, and all the music hasn't leaked clean yet.

You mean AOTC, don't you? I think we've got everything for TPM with the OST, UE and games.

I doubt it. I obviously have no idea one way or the other, but I bet there's bound to be some recorded music that still hasn't turned up anywhere

Aside from the film version of Augie's Great Municipal Band, I think TPM is well represented ... unless if there's some unused/alternate music that didn't make it into the games. What about an instrumental of Duel of the Fates?

That's the point I'm trying to make - obviously we have clean all the music you can HEAR IN THE FILM (apart from Augie's). My point is: there could very well be music written for the film, recorded for the film, that wasn't used in the film, didn't appear on the OST, and hasn't turned up in a video game. We just don't know.

Think about, for example, that weird bit in the middle of "The Droid Invasion and The Appearance Of Darth Maul" from the OST. If Williams hadn't decided to put that bit on the original OST CD, we'd have no idea it existed, since it wasn't used in the film and hasn't turned up in any video game. There could be more stuff like that out there.

That's the point I'm trying to make - obviously we have clean all the music you can HEAR IN THE FILM (apart from Augie's). My point is: there could very well be music written for the film, recorded for the film, that wasn't used in the film, didn't appear on the OST, and hasn't turned up in a video game. We just don't know.

Think about, for example, that wailing bit in the middle of "The Droid Invasion and The Appearance Of Darth Maul" from the OST. If Williams hadn't decided to put that bit on the original OST CD, we'd have no idea it existed, since it wasn't used in the film and hasn't turned up in any video game. There could be more stuff like that out there.

That wailing bit on the OST has turned up in the games...presented with clean intro and ending...it's on my edit for TPM.

Well, Jay's point is still valid. There might be unused cues/alternates and early versions of certain cues that were never used in any of the videogames, the film, the OST and the UE. I'd guess this would mostly be the more quiet underscore, simply because there wasn't much use for that in any of the videogames except TOR. We were really lucky a game with such a diverse need for music was made.

At least for AOTC and ROTS we know exactly what's missing due to the sheet music leaking. Until the TPM sheet music leaks too it's all much more nebulous.

Someone pm this guy a link to the place that worships an rpg

He knows it already. And I've already said the exact same thing to him over there as I did here, that complete sets don't really exist for any without DVD rip, only I was slightly nicer there. I don't like having to repeat myself when the point was plain, and I'm sure that's true for some of you guys as well, though my reply did come out here snippier than I intended.

At least for AOTC and ROTS we know exactly what's missing due to the sheet music leaking. Until the TPM sheet music leaks too it's all much more nebulous.

Exactly. We can garner a few cue titles and slates here and there, but we need either a sessions leak (not ever going to happen) or the sheet music to leak to be sure of what exactly is in TPM.

My point is: there could very well be music written for the film, recorded for the film, that wasn't used in the film, didn't appear on the OST, and hasn't turned up in a video game. We just don't know.

Based on the best available edit of TPM (Eblobulator's, without any doubt), it seems very clear to me that there are still quite a few minutes of unreleased material. There is no way Williams' original intended transitions were as abrupt as some of the ones heard in the second half.

Do you have an example?

Sometimes Trent separates cues with faked endings/openings instead of leaving them connected

I believe that it has been said that there is material in the start of The Droid Battle that wasn't on the OST, in the film and so far in the video games. Could have been nixed in recording like the Flag Parade extension (the OST version is quite clearly shorter and looped to recreate this extension) but I doubt it.

Do you have an example?

Here are some:

09 - Take To Your Ships / The Big Army / Taking Off:

0:35

0:55

1:31 (very obvious!)

2:28 (small section is missing)

11 - Up to the Wire / The Great Duel / Crash Landing:

Beginning is missing

1:32/1:49 (I doubt that cue only lasts 17 seconds)

2:07

"Up The Wire" is 27 seconds long...not sure what you mean by the cue lasting 17 seconds.

For "Taking Off" how it's presented on the U.E. is cut up and looped. How it's presented in my set is correct.

"Up The Wire" is 27 seconds long...not sure what you mean by the cue lasting 17 seconds.

I mean that to my ears the second half doesn't sound as part of the same cue.

For "Taking Off" how it's presented on the U.E. is cut up and looped. How it's presented in my set is correct.

I wouldn't even think that how you present the cues is "incorrect". It IS the best available set. I'm just saying that there is a small, but noticeable silence in the edit of that cue that shows that it's not 100% complete.