Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

The last letter of the url got dropped after I was trying to circumvent the "Link overwrites post" glitch dad-gum newfangled forum sawftwaire, and they probably redesigned the whole sickbay too! you know Siteowners and admins they looove to change things.

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno if this helps, but BMI' site has the legal names for a ton of Episode I cues. Here's all I could find and there's obviously a character limit as you'll see:

4871206 JAR JAR S INTRODUCTION AND THE

5940386 INSIDE THE BUBBLE CITY

5940387 ATTACK OF THE GIANT FISH

5940389 GIANT SQUID AND THE ATTACK ON

5940390 QUI GON AND OBI WAN RESCUE THE

5940391 FIGHTING THE GUARDS

5940393 ENTER DARTH MAUL

5940394 ARRIVAL OF TATOOINE

5940395 STREET BAND OF MOS ESPA

5940396 PADME MEETS ANAKIN

5940397 JAR JAR S RUN IN WITH SEBULBA

5940398 ANAKIN S HOME AND THE INTRODUC

5940399 DARTH SIDIOUS AND DARTH MAUL

5940400 TALK OF POD RACING

5940401 WATTO S DEAL SHMI AND QUI GON

5940402 ANAKIN POD RACER MECHANIC

5940403 RACER ROARS TO LIFE ANAKIN S M

5940404 DARTH MAUL AND THE SITH SPACEC

5940405 MOS ESPA ARENA BAND

5940406 WATTO S ROLL OF THE DICE

5940407 STREET SINGER

5940408 SEBULBA S DIRTY HAND GUI GON S

4942476 ANAKIN IS FREE

4942477 DARTH MAUL AND QUI GON

4942478 NABOO PALACE

4942479 QUEEN AND PALPATINE

4942480 HIGH COUNCIL MEETING AND QUI G

4942482 ANAKIN S TEST

5940410 QUI GON AND DARTH MAUL MEET

5940411 ANAKIN AND GROUP TO CORUSCANT

5940415 QUI GON S MISSION OBI WAN S WA

5940416 NUTE AND RUNE CONFER WITH DART

5940417 QUEEN AND GROUP LAND AT NABOO

5940418 JAR JAR LEADS GROUP TO THE GUN

5940419 WAR PLANS

5940420 DARTH SIDIOUS RECEIVES NEWS OF

5940421 GUNGAN S MARCH

5940422 QUEEN AND HER GROUP SNEAK BACK

5940423 BATTLE BEGINS

5940424 REPUBLIC PILOTS TAKE OFF INTO

5940425 GUNGANS FIGHT BACK

5940427 ANAKIN TAKES OFF IN SPACESHIP

5940429 BATTLE RAGES ON

5940430 QUI GON OBI WAN AND DARTH MAUL

5940431 QUI GON DARTH MAUL AND THE INV

5940432 GUNGAN S RETREAT AND THE QUEEN

5940433 DEATH OF QUI GON AND THE SURRE

5940434 TIDE TURNS THE DEATH OF DARTH

5940435 QUEEN CONFRONTS NUTE AND RUNE

5940436 FUNERAL OF GUI GON

4871205 ANAKIN S THEME

That's becuase they are - I've looked into this already. The entry that contains the actual cue numbers and titles is listed on the BMI website as "Episode I cues", but of course, we can't view them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been thinking about the "Tremolo Swell" from the TPM game.

Well first off I remember the deleted scene from the Phantom Menace DVD where Anakin and Qui-Gon were leaving Mos Espa, one of Maul's probe droids was following them. Qui-Gon had sensed it earlier but waited until it got close enough to where Qui-Gon was able to slice it with his saber. I wonder if that's where the "Tremolo Swell" would have gone, had they kept that sequence in the film.

I think this because of how it sounds very similar to the end of "The Sith Spacecraft".

I have discovered another micro-edit for The Phantom Menace "Ultimate Edition" that I never picked up on until now.

Track 7 of Disc 2 "Anakin's Test" from about 0:08-0:14 and compare it with TFU file music_CSRH201_01_03a from 0:48-0:56. If you really pay attention to the U.E. material and then compare it to the TFU material you can tell there's a jump in the piece like it was cut out.

Ah ya good point.

BTW I was toying with the idea for lining up "Up The Wire" and "The Great Duel (Part 1)" (file sqfightmaul2 from TPM game). I had nearly got it synced perfectly last night and sqfightmaul2 wouldn't overlap on the exact last trumpet note of sqgripping2 when it plays. I think it would start almost at the very end of the trumpet note and go from there. So sqmaulduelstart wouldn't go right after sqfightmaul2 like I had thought.

So I'm wondering what sqmaulduelstart would have originally started, maybe an alternate opening for "Duel Of The Fates"?

I think that too.

The opening for "The Great Dual" is the choir in the beginning of "Duel of the Fates".

So Trent, you may be right that "sqmaulduelstart" is actually the opening of "Duel of the Fates".

Parts one and two of my expanded score with no sfx of ROTS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4f8A3VtQww

Contains:

1m2 Star Wars Main Title

1m3 Boys into Battle

1m4 They're Coming Around

1m4a Get 'Em R-2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0sqvYpT-fQ

Contains:

1m5 The Elevator Scene

1m6 Count Dooku's Entrance

1m7 The Death of Dooku

2m1 Grievous and the Droids

2m3 Another Happy Landing

Parts one and two of my expanded score with no sfx of ROTS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4f8A3VtQww

Contains:

1m2 Star Wars Main Title

1m3 Boys into Battle

1m4 They're Coming Around

1m4a Get 'Em R-2!

Awesome. I cant believe we got it complete even with unused music.

Can anyone sync it with the film? Im specially curious for the end. In the film, the fanfare that scores obi-wan jump fits so well, but i think in reality it would score the both jedi killing the last droids so i woul like to see how williams scored the jump. i think it fits well too :)

That final fanfare would have scored R2 catching the little communicator device - the final note would have segued directly into the beginning of "The Elevator Scene", with General Grievous's theme. :)

Where does B7289A82_68ED475C79B6857D AOTC: Finale go?

Is it an unused potion?

It's not unused, it was just tracked into Yoda Strikes Back in the film (the part where Dooku opens the Solar Sails on his ship). It's missing four string notes (two before the start of the file, and two after the first two in that file), but it was meant to go at roughly 0:32 of the album track, after those strings the brass Force theme comes on (speaking of which, it seems we have to use the DVD for that but it's fairly clean now), with the last trombone note leading into the rest of the cue from 0:32 of the album.

I did use 15 seconds of sfx-less dvd rip for Plans for the Twins though, that horn solo was the missing bit.

I love the horn, flute and strings at the end.

I used that horn solo too. An exception to no DVD rips in my edit. I also used a full channel DVD rip to open Grevious Travels to Palpatine

2 questions

Is there a better version of AotC Old Friends than the Galaxies file?

What file is the unreleased portion of On the Conveyor Belt?

There is no other file of "The Meeting of Anakin and Padme".

The Conveyor Belt is somewhere in Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron. There was a pm thread that Jason made, i posted a link to the file there.

What's up with the weirdness at the end?

Btw, is that a blu-ray rip?

The video link is fixed.

an the video is form the DVD, the audio is from the TOR files (I looped the drums to fit the scene a bit better)

So there is only a little over 6 minutes of the score still unreleased? That is really awesome news to hear! Hopefully some expansion packs will have even more of that stuff. Does anybody know where the other files can be found (TFU/TFU2/BF/Galaxies, etc.)? I have the newly released TOR files, but that's it. I kind of want to try to tackle this...although I might just wait it out until somebody else shares their edited/expanded score for others.

Trent thanks for the RotS editing guide. Even if you think you know all the files there's always a little thing that might be missing. Or making a new edit from scratch it's hard to remember everything from BF2,TFU and TFU2

Can you do an editing guide for AotC?

Man, I seriously wish I still had all of my old game rips to work just start this whole thing from scratch.

Is there anywhere that these are still available? (sorry if this is not allowed to be discussed openly? not sure the rule on game rips... please edit as necessary, jason)

So there is only a little over 6 minutes of the score still unreleased? That is really awesome news to hear! Hopefully some expansion packs will have even more of that stuff. Does anybody know where the other files can be found (TFU/TFU2/BF/Galaxies, etc.)? I have the newly released TOR files, but that's it. I kind of want to try to tackle this...although I might just wait it out until somebody else shares their edited/expanded score for others.

There's reportedly more files that Alexander overlooked in his rip (I don't know the details as the guy who told me told me via PM on FFShrine, and FFShrine is still down), so maybe there's more Prequel material.

It's just a shame we didn't get more of the AOTC Finale cue. Granted that with what we have, we need only bits of the DVD rip to fill the gaps (and they appear quite clean too), unless you want the original Finale (which we still don't have an orchestral-style mockup for, let alone the whole piece).

Whenever FF Shrine comes back up ggtuck see if that guy can send you the full rip.

He said he had a rip from august, during early test versions, that had more tracks than Alexanders/had tracks that were not in Alexanders.

Whenever FF Shrine comes back up ggtuck see if that guy can send you the full rip.

He said he had a rip from august, during early test versions, that had more tracks than Alexanders/had tracks that were not in Alexanders.

That might make sense - they could have dropped a few they didn't need. I personally hope for the rest of ROTS, and the rest of the alternate Take To Your Ships (we got about 12 seconds more than we had before, but it'd be nice to have the whole thing)

I didn't forget ANY track!!

ANY track!

....Did I say you forgot tracks? no, I said that Lucasfilm, had tracks for the early version, they didnt like them or something, so they took them out, so you ripped what was left/not taken out.

What we mean is, clearly there was more music included in the beta version than there was in the final release - we have no doubt that you got everything from the final version, but how are you to know if the beta version had more music?