BloodBoal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Battle and Dragon Flight are way better than Obliviate which is an admittedly interesting piece but doesn't rank among the stronger cues of Desplat's entries into the franchise.

The Black Lake

Fireplaces Escape

My Love Is Always Here

And I'm pretty sure there were two Hooper cues I really liked, but I can't figure out which ones now.

For the record, I still haven't picked up Desplat's second score.

Very difficult this one - considering all of the good themes were done by JW.

1) Dumbledore's Farewell (Hooper) - beautiful, haunting and enhances the scene incredibly

2) Lily's Theme (Desplat) - very nice, loved the use of the solo vocal line which gave it such a depressing feeling and opened the last film so well

3) Obliviate (Desplat) - Beautifully orchestrated with the woodwind section, and complemented the scene really well

4) Dumbledore's Army (Hooper) - had a very fitting driving rhythm to it which I thought epitomised the spirit of Dumbledore's Army

5) Fireworks (Hooper) - a bit of an eccentric track perhaps but it's great and stuck out from the rest of his mostly mediocre stuff

1) Lily's Theme (Desplat)

2) Sky Battle (Desplat)

3) Voldemort (Doyle)

4) Dragon Flight (Desplat)

5) In Noctem (Hooper)

I also love the huge, heroic battle material that kicks in at 1:15 in "Neville The Hero" in DH Part 2, and the entire "Underworld" track from the same score.