Lego Universe by Brian Tyler

ChuckM

Anyone else looking forward to this score? I'm not always the biggest Brian Tyler fan, but the clips I've been hearing from this sound really good.

Trailer (with narration by Patrick Stewart):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Iuig296HI

Behind the scenes with Brian Tyler:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry LEGO are little bricks that you can use to make buildigs and cars and stuff with. it has nothing to do with computer games.

This is rubbish!

How do you know that? Everyone I know who's played these LEGO video games really likes them! Hey, they also have a LEGO Harry Potter game out there too. :huh:

I haven't heard of this before. It's nice, but sounds pretty generic to me.

I usually don't get into video game scores unless I've played the game.

It's scary to think that since the very first LEGO video game debuted in 1997, there is an entire generation of young folks ready to graduate from high school who could be more used to a LEGO line of video games than to the actual blocks themselves.

I should dig my #6285 out of the closet. Best pirate ship ever.

I stand corrected. It's not #10040, it's #6285. The original. My first pirate set, I've had it since 1992. For Christmas, my parents initially bought me the pirate ship made by a LEGO imitator, but it wouldn't stay together since the pieces that made the hull were split in two down the spine of the ship from bow to stern. I built it, it fell apart, they returned it, and I got the Black Seas Barracuda as replacement just after the New Year.

Sadly I don't have the box anymore, and I'm sure the instructions are not in mint condition anymore. But it was a lot of fun to dock at the Rock Island Refuge to plan attacks on the Eldorado Fortress after sinking the Caribbean Clipper.

Brian Tyler writing music for a LEGO game? Impressive.

I never expected an orchestral soundtrack for a game like this, let alone one by a fairly well-known composer.

Since I like LEGO and orchestral music very much, consider me interested.

Does anyone know if there'll be a soundtrack release of some kind?

I had the entire Lego Pirate line :lol: They were awesome, I played with them all the time.

Well, I guess I still have them - they should all still be in my parents attic

Does anyone know if there'll be a soundtrack release of some kind?

I haven't heard for sure, but I'm assuming that there will be, based on how big of a deal they're making out of the orchestral score.

I had the entire Lego Pirate line :P They were awesome, I played with them all the time.

Well, I guess I still have them - they should all still be in my parents attic

I'd love to have the old Pirate line. I sadly missed out on all of it.

I do have one of these, though.

lego-10210-imperial-flagship.jpg

Looks even better in real life.

Yea see I don't like those newer ones as much, too many large pieces. Mine were all small pieces I had to spend hours assembling

That's a common complaint, but on the one pictured above, the only large pieces are the ship's bottom and parts of the mast - not too different from the Black Seas Barracuda. Oh, and the total parts count on this one is a lovely 1664 pieces. :P

Are the yardarms single pieces or you build them from smaller pieces? I can't tell from that photo or any other online.

With the BSB, Caribbean Clipper, and other ships, the yardarms were created from a bunch of single stud wide flat long pieces that I built once and never took apart again. The brown piece directly behind the shark's tail and some other forward rail pieces look too big, like Jay said.

I think I could live with that for a 1664 piece set, which is easily twice the BSB's piece count, to have a ship with one additional hull piece for length, allowing four cannon per side, and all the other amenities of a living ship.

I mean, the rear cabin of the BSB opened to allow Redbeard to go inside...to an empty cabin that was too small to furnish.

Heaven help you if you stuck a guy down in one of the lower holds; he wasn't coming out unless you went all "Up Is Down" with your ship. Hmm...

Ok, one final nitpick. There's no rigging from bow to stern, since a perpendicular mast holds up the foresail, but kids shouldn't play with string anyways. The only point to have it on the BSB was to have the monkey hang from it.

Nowadays, I?m actually a professional LEGO model maker (I work with the LEGO Company, not for them), and I've been organizing large scale building activities for children with special needs. we are building a 10 square meter replica of FC Porto's stadium with the children of Oporto's hospital of Oncology. When finished, it will have 140.000 pieces. The construction is currently in its middle point:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44737743@N04/5103285025/

Before that, I had a project in a school in Tomar,Central Portugal, where we built a LEGO replica of a Manueline-style window of a very famous Convent.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44737743@N04/5164317387/

Somehow, the MB doesn't allow me to post pictures in the post

I'm quite amazed to find that so many (relatively speaking) members at JWFan also like LEGO and pirates!

That sums up my interests quite well, though I also like the movies that go with the movie music. Provided they're worth watching. :P

In fact, while I'm generally not very active here, I AM very active at http://forum.piratesahoy.net .

And I've got quite a large collection of LEGO in my room at home (a bit too large; there's hardly any space for me! :) ).

Are the yardarms single pieces or you build them from smaller pieces? I can't tell from that photo or any other online.

[...]

Ok, one final nitpick. There's no rigging from bow to stern, since a perpendicular mast holds up the foresail, but kids shouldn't play with string anyways. The only point to have it on the BSB was to have the monkey hang from it.

I've got this ship as well, adorning my window sill together with this one:

6291-1.ImageL.thumb2.jpg

As such, I can confirm that the yardarms are built from pieces, but they're technic pieces and not regular bricks.

Still, it's much better than having them made as single pieces, which they definitely are not.

The only large pieces are indeed the hull pieces, of which there are four centre sections and two times the bow/stern piece.

These pieces are larger than the "old type" that is used on my Spanish Armada flagship and the piece for bow and stern are the same instead of being different.

For more information on here, you might want to check out this set review with lots of pictures:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35670

They're made up of many small pieces.

You can view the instructions here (yardarms instructions in book 2):

Book 1

Book 2

Nowadays, I?m actually a professional LEGO model maker (I work with the LEGO Company, not for them), and I've been organizing large scale building activities for children with special needs.

Cool. Are you a LEGO Ambassador then?

I'm quite amazed to find that so many (relatively speaking) members at JWFan also like LEGO and pirates!

We may need an official LEGO thread! :P

- Marc, who has the entire 2009 Pirates line on display, spread across his room. :)

They're made up of many small pieces.

You can view the instructions here (yardarms instructions in book 2):

Book 1

Book 2

Marc, when did they start posting LEGO instructions online?!

Sometimes I regret not buying the Ultimate Millennium Falcon 10179 when it cost ~$500. Now it's triple that. Then I think that it would just collect dust and that I'd rather spend that much money on my car, my computer, or on soundtracks.

Gee do I feel dumb. I paid for a bunch of DVDs with LEGO instructions back in 2003 on eBay, from who I thought was a disgruntled employee of the company. I have yet to actually use them.