Varese Sarabande releases Family Plot!

Frank Vincent

Why did you make a separate thread? This could have just been posted in the Official Varèse thread.

I will say that The Karate Kid is an odd ball choice considering it was released all ready in a box set with the other 3 scores.

Why did you make a separate thread? This could have just been posted in the Official Varèse thread.

your fucking kidding right???? I check the Varese thread once a month .

This is the best news in years.

ORDERED from SAE (well pre-ordered as it says).And asked for my replacement Spacecamp

No I'm not kidding.

What if the Star Wars Prequels were released as a limoted edition and someone posted the news in a thread you never read?? And somewhat you missed it because of that.

it doesn't say Stereo or not in the description

Cool!

I had a feeling this one was right around the corner when those crystal-clear recordings leaked out on bootleg a couple of years ago. Now I'm only happy to throw that away and replace it with the real deal.

It's not really a score I find that interesting (beyond the brilliant main and end titles, there's a lot of sneaking-around music), and I would obviously have preferred to see an album arrangement out of it, but that aside - it's an important score in Williams' history and it's great to FINALLY have it released.

Makes you think that SUGARLAND EXPRESS may not be an impossibility either.

Holy moly. Varèse goes Williams once more, at last. (Good that Mark O. is not a betting man!)

Finally they got this thing released. I remember there being more alternates on the boot, by the way, so don't throw anything away. Still, I know what I will be playing when receiving this treasure.

I expect an immediate end to all your bitching KM, about Williams being ignored by the labels. Especially if Hook is coming from LLL. That'd be 3 mega releases/leaks in the space of just months.

Great news for hardcore Williams fans though :( Not for me though.

I expect an immediate end to all your bitching KM, about Williams being ignored by the labels. Especially if Hook is coming from LLL. That'd be 3 mega releases/leaks in the space of just months.

I said If Family Plot is released I'd stop bitching about Williams being ignored by the labels

With this,Poseidon ,Spacecamp and Black Sunday they did they're job this year.I understand Harry Potter and the Prequels are out of their reach

KM, Varèse doesn't give reduction to other stores, so they're the only label that prices increase for with 5 dollars at other stores. Thought you'd know that by know :(

KM, Varèse doesn't give reduction to other stores, so they're the only label that prices increase for with 5 dollars at other stores. Thought you'd know that by know :(

Correct, but they only do this with their Club CDs, not with their other releases.

Some people take the board ethic to extremes I can't follow... :unsure: Of course a release like this warrants a thread of its own!

Anyway; awesome this is out and so ordered! :cool:

Why do I have the feeling Intrada might release a Hook set tomorrow?

Rumours are saying LLL will announce Hook this Friday as part of their final batch. I believe this is just wishful thinking created by many fans after one of LLL bosses (MV Gerhard) hinted something, but that was far from being a confirmation.

However, we JWfans should be already very happy, as 2010 brought us finally SpaceCamp and Family Plot.

Now all I need is an expanded Dracula, then I can die a happy man :unsure:

A complete 1941 is next after that on my wish-list.

Of course I would also welcome legitimate expansions of score like Jurassic Park, The Lost World and A.I.

Expanded SW Prequels and Harry Potter scores are imho far from being a concrete reality. We'll probably get them sometimes in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath for now.

I sincerely hope the specialty labels will also continue to search into Williams' older repertoire and release such little unknown gems like The Rare Breed, Pete 'n' Tillie, The Screaming Woman and Story of a Woman.

Amazing! Modest batch indeed! I ordered this and Karate Kid.

SAE told us this was coming this year, but as it got further into the year we all doubted it I think - especially as we all expected it from FSM! Fantastic releases!

Trent - are you nuts? Not only does EVERY new John Williams release get its own thread, but so does other "major" releases like Goonies, Back To The Future, Predator, etc.

King Mark - Intrada's releases tomorrow are First Blood by Goldsmith and Black Sea Raid by Terry Plumeri. You might be thinking of La La Land, which is announcing its final 4 releases of the year this Friday, and you can click here to read where the rumor they might be releasing HOOK gained some ground.

Also KM, Varese is different from every other label in that they do NOT sell their club batches at a wholesale price to other stores. Therefore, Varese's official website is the ONLY place to get the club batches for list price. At any other store, you pay about $5 more.

It's not really a score I find that interesting (beyond the brilliant main and end titles, there's a lot of sneaking-around music), and I would obviously have preferred to see an album arrangement out of it, but that aside - it's an important score in Williams' history and it's great to FINALLY have it released.

Makes you think that SUGARLAND EXPRESS may not be an impossibility either.

Gotta change Williams' mind for that to happen. Roger at Intrada stated at one point that they'd tried, and Williams had basically said 'no'. Felt the main theme alone is all that's needed, or something like that.

So what's left... Gremlins, TMP... anything else?

at 5,000 copies, it should be around for a while

Though they will probably blow through the first 3,000-4,000 by Jan 1st

So who of you have seen the actual film?

To be perfectly honest, I found it rather silly and lackluster....definitely a far cry from Hitch in his prime.

But we got a Williams score out of it, and he got to work with the legendary director, so that's something.