Varese Sarabande releases Family Plot!

Frank Vincent

I ordered from SAE and paid 5$ more. Still no shipping notice

Looking in my papers I eventually found my registration password for Varese

Looking in my papers I eventually found my registration password for Varese

If it's one still from the old site, you'll have to re-register, I believe.

Yes, you have to register a new account with Varese. The only things they saved from the old site where pending orders at the time of the switch.

Still waiting here too, but I got my ST V SAE package just one business day after the shipping notice, so you never can tell.

Yeah SAE usually gives me my shipping notice the day the package arrives. :angry:

SAE shipping notices are unreliable. I think it updates if you go to the orders page and manually check, but I've received e-mails that an order has shipped a day after I already got them.

Manually checking does work. I did that when SAE shipped my Ron Jones Star Trek TNG set to me. All though I did get the shipping notification email AFTER it was delivered to me.

I ordered at Varese directly.

No shipping notice and nothing has been deducted from my credit card account (yet)...

Is this normal...?

I'm more excited to hear this one than the new Home Alone release, to be honest. There's nothing like Williams of 1975-1980.

Karol

I prefer Williams of '77-'82.

That should be '75-'82 of course. Probably a typo on your side. ;)

The way I see it is JW wrote the best things in the latter 70's. The stuff from the early eighties is second-rate compared to that (in my opinion, of course), then there is late 80's which is third-rate. And so on. I'm not saying I dislike any of these. But years in his career are more special than others.

Karol

Second rate as compared to Jaws, Superman, Close Encounters? Yes, definitely. Which is not to say they're not brilliant. I hope it's more clear now...

Karol

I placed my order on Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM, and have received no shipping notice email, and if I log into varese's website, the status is still "Ordered"

We won't have compromise here. It's a matter of taste. I look at it from the perspective of what's more influential.

That's fine, you have every right to be wrong. ;)

In all seriousness, I still haven't received shipping notification, either. :(

SAE just posted on Facebook saying that the latest Varèse club CD's just got in for them today. So those of you who ordered from SAE they should be start going out today and you'll get your notifications either today or tomorrow.

I think they're both so freaking good that it's impossible to decide which one is better. Once you get to a certain point of amazingness, it can be difficult to distinguish.

I'd generally agree with this, but if I had to pick one from those two, it'd be SW every time.

I think they're both so freaking good that it's impossible to decide which one is better. Once you get to a certain point of amazingness, it can be difficult to distinguish.

I'd generally agree with this, but if I had to pick one from those two, it'd be SW every time.

It definitely had a much bigger impact on my life, so I probably would, too. But I pretty much instantly realized Raiders was on the same level.

If you want to get stuff like this the fastest always order directly from the label

Bingo.

This doesn't seem to apply every time. E.g. strangely enough the latest La-La-Land batch could be ordered almost the same moment from SAE as it was from the label itself. I think I got Home Alone shipping notice from SAE faster than some who ordered directly from them (most likely because of the huge order load they had to fulfil). But it also varies how fast can SAE get their shipment from the labels of course.

I would say Williams' top 6 scores are interchangeable, depending on my mood.

My 6:

Jaws

Star Wars

CE3K

Raiders

E.T.

Superman

How in the world can The Empire Strikes Back not make your top list?

I would say Williams' top 6 scores are interchangeable, depending on my mood.

My 6:

Jaws

Star Wars

CE3K

Raiders

E.T.

Superman

How in the world can The Empire Strikes Back not make your top list?

He is just different that way.