La-La Land announces Home Alone (Complete)

Jay

HOME ALONE: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1158

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 3500 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

Presenting the remastered and expanded release of renowned composer John Williams' (JAWS, STAR WARS, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, 1941) orchestral score to the 1990 holiday classic 20th Century Fox feature film HOME ALONE, starring Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern and Catherine O'Hara, written and produced by John Hughes and directed by Chris Columbus. Produced by Nick Redman, Mike Matessino and Didier C. Deutsch, through arrangement with Sony Music and 20th Century Fox, and remastered by Mark G. Wilder and Maria Triana at Battery Studios, this expanded release arrives just in time for the film's 20th Anniversary and features more than 20 minutes of previously unreleased music, including bonus tracks. Exclusive, in-depth liner notes by Mike Matessino take you behind-the-scenes of one of filmdom's most indelible holiday scores. This release is limited to 3500 Units. Art direction is by Jim Titus (UNSTOPPABLE, HUMAN TARGET).

A note to completists: The recordings of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "Please Come Home For Christmas" and "White Christmas" which are included on the 1990 soundtrack album for HOME ALONE were not licensed for this release.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Somewhere in My Memory † 3:24 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

2. Star of Bethlehem [Orchestral Version] 2:54

3. Home Alone (Main Theme) 1:27

4. Go Pack Your Suitcase/ Introducing Marley/In Good Hands * 1:51

5. Banished to the Attic 1:07

6. We Slept In/Hard Count * 1:20

7. Making the Plane :54

8. The Basement 2:18

9. Target Practice/Sledding on the Stairs ** 1:31

10. Lights On/Guess Who's Home/ Paris Arrival * 3:18

11. The Man of the House/ Police Check ** 1:22

12. The Bookshelf 1:10

13. Phone Machine/Drug Store/ Escape Across the Ice ** 3:06

14. Follow That Kid! 2:12

15. Listening to Carson * :44

16. Cleaning Clothes/Kitchen * 1:39

17. Scammed by a Kindergartner 2:10

18. Walking Home (Somewhere in My Memory) † 1:06 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

19. O Holy Night 2:51 (Composer: Adolphe Adam) (Translation of Lyrics: John S. Dwight) Chorus & Orchestra Arranged by John Williams. Published by Fox Film Music Corp. (BMI) *

20. Star of Bethlehem † 3:00 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) with Children's Chorus

21. Carol of the Bells 1:27 (Translation of Lyrics: Peter Wilhousky) Chorus & Orchestra

22. Setting the Trap 2:31

23. The Attack Begins 1:30

24. Marv Enters the Basement/ A Hot Hand/Sore Head * † 2:50

25. Paint Cans 2:06

26. Clothesline Trapeze / Marley to the Rescue ** 4:13

27. The Next Morning/ Mom Returns/Finale 4:26

28. We Wish You a Merry Christmas/ End Title (Somewhere in My Memory) † 4:19 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

Additional Music

29. Walking Home [Without Chorus] 1:05

30. Clothesline Trapeze [Film Version Insert] * :23

31. Jingle Bells * 1:02

32. Christmas Carol Medley * 7:43

33. Finale [Alternate – O Holy Night] * 1:34

34. We Wish You a Merry Christmas/ End Title (Somewhere in My Memory) † [Original Soundtrack Version] 4:15 (Lyrics: Traditional/Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

total disc time: 78:48

* Previously Unreleased

** Contains Previously Unreleased Material

† Published by Fox Film Music Corp. and John Hughes Songs (BMI)

SHIPPING NOTE: La-La Land's shipping will be closed from Dec. 20, 2010 thru Jan 2, 2011. Orders placed online during this time will ship when shipping resumes on Jan 3, 2011.

http://www.filmscore...?threadID=73960

Well that was out of left field! I'm sure there will be quite a few disappointed people but I'm happy about it, it'll be a nice compliment to the Varese and there were some nice missing passages.

STV is the real jewel in this batch...

I'm excited for Home Alone. I've been wanting an expanded release and I'm glad they didn't include the Christmas songs from the original album.

Love this release. Home Alone 2 expanded was great too but now we have the complete John Williams Christmas music.

I'm especially fond of the Christams Carol Medleys because i never heard someone arrange them better than JW. For example "Christmas at Carnegie Hall" was outstanding and now we get two

new orchestral arrangements of "O Holy Night" as well as a new 7 minute+ medley.

That are the secret highlights for me although JW didnt compose them he just rearranged ...

I have zero interest in this, but I do play the ol' CBS album now and then, especially in the holidays (as well as the old, original 20th Century Fox album of the sequel). It's a fine concept album. I'm sure this will sell well, though, what with Christmas coming up and everything.

i think 1 cue is missing

No. One missing cue is when Brody is searching the waters for what he thinks is a body (i think)

But there is also material missing from The Big Jolt. It must be very good stuff, because John Williams edited it out for our listening please. :)

i think 1 cue is missing

No. One missing cue is when Brody is searching the waters for what he thinks is a body (i think)

But there is also material missing from The Big Jolt. It must be very good stuff, because John Williams edited it out for our listening please. :)

There's also a short (but great) statement of the shark theme from the beginning. I'm not exactly sure what else, but it's my number one JW holy grail (at least of those that are possible).

Well there is one more 2 disc set that should be coming from Intrada if everything goes as scheduled. Plus FSM has Poltergeist. ;)

I know, my friend... but otherwise Intrada has Dracula, Young Sherlock Holmes or anything by Williams coming, I think I'll stop at least until January. I'll not buy the FSM Poltergeist (the Rhino is fine for me), plus I have to reduce my frills-spending for a while, I have other priorities in the coming weeks--I'm going to live with my girlfriend and we'll have some ugly money-spending to do for our new house, ouch :)

Steef,

I'm surprised you're gonna skip on this.

I had contemplated on re-buying the OST in January to since I had to toss the one I had out as it had too many scratches. Now I'm glad I don't have to!

It's interesting to see some of the vocal songs on this CD. While it's not Hook it's still a nice welcome to the family. It finally got the release it deserves.

Now I can have both Home Alone scores complete and on my shelf.

By the way KM we can't order any of these CD's until Tuesday at 1pm PST.

Wow. I wasn't expecting this AT ALL but I couldn't be happier. I love this score. This movie was (is) a sentimental family favorite and I think the score is wonderful.

I will definitely order this and STV! Outstanding!!

Well it's nice but I'd say we better forget Hook for a looooong time

Why? Considering there were hardly any pointers to a release right now, how does this new batch make an upcoming Hook *less* likely? If anything, the above quote might actually be an intentional teaser.

I was thinking the same thing as trentman above... I love the complete score to Home Alone 2, but besides different variation on composition is it much different/better than Home Alone 2? Or is it sort of a matter of preference? Kind of like comparing Sorcerer's Stone to Chamber of Secrets. I'm debating if I should get this one or not, since I do LOVE Home Alone 2, but I love that one's more frentic style throughout.