La-La Land Announces Star Trek V (Complete)

Ollie

http://www.filmscore...mID=1&archive=0

STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER: LIMITED EDITION (2CD-SET)

LLLCD 1157

Music by Jerry Goldsmith

Limited Edition of 5000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

La-La Land Records, in association with Sony Music and Paramount Pictures, presents the expanded 2CD-SET of Jerry Goldsmith’s (PATTON, THE OMEN, FIRST KNIGHT, THE EDGE) rousing orchestral score to the 1989 Paramount Pictures motion picture STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER, starring William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelly, directed by William Shatner. Produced for La-La Land Records by Lukas Kendall, Mike Matessino, and Didier C. Deutsch, supervised by Bruce Botnick and Ken Hall, and mastered by Vic Anesini at Battery Studios, this comprehensive presentation of Goldsmith’s score features more than 45 minutes of previously unreleased music, including alternate cues. The original 1989 soundtrack release is also included here. In-depth, exclusive liner notes by Jeff Bond and Lukas Kendall take you behind the movie and its music. Bruce Botnick also contributes exclusive comments. Art direction is by Mark Banning. This is a limited edition of 5000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

Disc ONE - The Film Score

1. Nimbus III 2:01

2. The Mind-Meld 2:43

3. The Mountain [Main Title]* 4:53

4. The Big Drop 0:26

5. Raid on Paradise 2:43

6. Not Alone 1:11

7. Target Practice 1:52

8. A Tall Ship 1:43

9. Plot Course 1:46

10. No Harm 2:13

11. Approaching Nimbus III 2:59

12. Open the Gates 3:01

13. Well Done 1:16

14. Without Help 4:55

15. Pick It Up 2:31

16. No Authority 0:30

17. It Exists 1:47

18. Free Minds 3:18

19. The Birth 3:53

20. The Barrier* 2:52

21. A Busy Man 4:41

22. An Angry God 6:57

23. Let’s Get Out of Here [part 1] 3:42

24. Let’s Get Out of Here [part 2] 3:07

25. Cosmic Thoughts 1:16

26. Life Is a Dream [End Credits]* 3:57

Total Disc Time: 73:07

Disc TWO - The 1989 Soundtrack Album

1. The Mountain* 3:50

2. The Barrier* 2:51

3. Without Help 4:18

4. A Busy Man 4:40

5. Open the Gates 3:00

6. An Angry God 6:55

7. Let’s Get Out of Here 5:13

8. Free Minds 3:17

9. Life Is a Dream* 3:57

10. The Moon’s a Window to Heaven † 4:00

Total Time: 42:22

Additional Music

11. The Mountain [Main Title] (alternate)* 4:45

12. A Busy Man (alternate) 4:42

13. Paradise Saloon (source) 2:42

14. The Moon’s a Window to Heaven (film version) 1:10

15. Vulcan Song/Row, Row, Row Your Boat (Instrumental source) 1:33

16. Synclavier Effects 1:54

Total Time: 16:46

Total Disc Time: 59:28

Total Two-Disc Time: 131:51

Music Published by Sony/ATV Melody BMI

* Contains “Theme From Star?Trek (TV?Series)”

Composed by Alexander Courage

Published by Bruin Music Company BMI

† Performed and Arranged by Hiroshima

Produced by Dan Kuramoto

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this will have the alternate fanfare Doug Fake mentioned over at Intrada a year or so ago? The way he worded it, it may not have been recorded even though attempts were made.

I see Lukas Kendall was involved as well.

This is a fantastic release!!!

I wonder if this will have the alternate fanfare Doug Fake mentioned over at Intrada a year or so ago? The way he worded it, it may not have been recorded even though attempts were made.

I see Lukas Kendall was involved as well.

This is a fantastic release!!!

Maybe it's in the alternate main title?

CANNOT. FUCKING. WAIT. MV, LK and co have just made my Christmas.

Oh, I probaley will order this set too, but can't afford it right now.

Having on my order right now:

Rambo (Intrada)

Family Plot (Varese)

Home Alone (La-La Land)

Hopefully it stays for some weeks :)

There is a bunch of good music missing. All the tracks featuring the "mountain" theme. The cue were they fly to The Enterprise (were Jerry uses music from the alternate The Enterprise from TMP), Some of the quiter music involving Sybok and a good portion of the action stuff from the climax.

AND the film version of The Moon Is A Window To Heaven! :)

There are bunch of smaller unreleased cues I've been waiting for and there's apparently more missing music than I realized. There's over 30 minutes added to the original score and that's with the silly song removed.

It shows how up to date (as in, not) I am with record labels. When I saw "LaLaLand" I assumed it meant literally that (as in "wishfull thinking") and was a hoax.

I might certainly get this in future if it does not sell out. With Goldsmith scores, and such popular scores, you never know.

Yeah there's really a lot of good underscore in this film. Looking forward to the music were Kirk tries to wrestle the rifle from Sybok, and Sybok's sermon on the Enterprise.

I'm looking forward to these cues, Raid on Paradise, A Tall Ship and Plot Course (which should be the little comical moment where Kirk's chair squeaks). That little electronic bit Goldsmith wrote brings a smile to my face.

Ok so were are we Star Trek Movie wise.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

OST CD - Expanded OST CD with pointless second disc - Decent sounding bootleg

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan

OST CD - Complete release by FSM

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock

OST CD - OST Reissue with stupid synth bonus cue - Complete score released by FSM

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

OST CD

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

OST CD - Complete Score by Lala Land

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

OST - Good sounding (though MP3 quality) near complete bootleg

Star Trek Generation

OST CD with stupid sound effects library

Star Trek First Contact

OST CD with video bonus files that won't play on a PC anymore - Complete bootleg with great sound

Star Trek Insurrection

OST CD - Near complete bootleg with great sound

Star Trek Nemesis

OST CD - OST CD in stunning SACD format - Near complete and great sounding bootleg.

Star Trek (2009)

OST CD - 2 CD sort of complete score with some missing elements.

Based on projections made by using AAC files of the OST converted to WAV and imported into Audacity, I have been able to create of Wave form of what Life Is A Dream WILL look like on the new LalaLand release.

LifeIsADream.jpg

Clearly there is far to much clipping and harmonic distrortion going on here.

So I want my money back and demand a repressing!

:) , Stefan!

Looks like the art direction has been designed to roughly match the FSM Trek II and III efforts (judging by the rounded edge frame running round the perimeter of the cover.)

This is a great release!

Nice Steef lol but you know that LLL won't do that. They take pride at preserving the data for wave forms.

I'm hella excited this got finally released! There's definitely a lot of music missing. KM you should pick it up, you'd like it.

I find it funny that Joe (Data) bought the OST recently only now to find it's obsolete since this set has a remastered OST for it. I definitely can NOT wait for this score to be in my hands.

Out of the three releases today, even though I am not incredibly familiar with this one, it's the one I will probably end up getting. I remember really liking the music in the film yet dissapointed by the OST. It was missing a LOT of good music, wasn't it? I love Jerry Goldsmith.

Out of the three releases today, even though I am not incredibly familiar with this one, it's the one I will probably end up getting. I remember really liking the music in the film yet dissapointed by the OST. It was missing a LOT of good music, wasn't it? I love Jerry Goldsmith.

Yes, like all your Star Trek OST's, Star Trek 5 was no exception as the OST was missing a lot of good music. I bet if you got it scallenger you would love it.

Well to be honest I am not a HUGE Star Trek fan like many on this board, but I have a general "liking" of the series of films. The only scores I really like of the series were the 2 early Goldsmith ones, meaning this one included, heh. ;) So yeah I do think I'll like it. Besides... I need a new Goldsmith kick in his 80s style since this is another year with no GREMLINS. :) Hey, I can complain! lol. Others here do of scores they have wanted for years... decades. ;)

You don't have to be a Trek fan, just a film score fan, to appreciate that the entire Trek movie series is filled with fantastic scores pretty much start to finish.

John- who IS a Trek fan anyway :)

You don't have to be a Trek fan, just a film score fan, to appreciate that the entire Trek movie series is filled with fantastic scores pretty much start to finish.

You've nailed it down John! :)

There's still some good bits from Star Trek IV missing. It doesn't deserve the negativity it gets. I bet if a full release happened and people gave it a chance, they may like it.

I to agree John that in time we'll get the other 7 Star Trek scores.

Well, THIS is something that made my jaw drop this morning !!!

This is one of my FAVORITE Star Trek scores, and it will replace my OST easily.

Truth be told, it really should not be limited, given the volumes of Star Trek fandom out there, but if I can get it on time, I'm happy !!!

This and BATMAN RETURNS make for a slightly expensive Tuesday ;)