La-La Land Announces Star Trek V (Complete)

Ollie

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010 is THE year for Star Trek music fans.

I agree. I never thought that my favorite three Star Trek film scores would ever see the light of day in complete form (II, III and V).

2010 is THE year for Star Trek music fans.

I agree. I never thought that my favorite three Star Trek film scores would ever see the light of day in complete form (II, III and V).

If I may add the Ron Jones boxset from TNG. <_<

As good as ordered! Man, one Holy Grail after another, my poor, poor wallet! :P Does anybody have any idea how fast this might sell out? In an hour, day, week, month, year? <_< :D

I'm gonna say 1 month, maybe less.

With Christmas less than a month away, I bet it'll be around a bit longer, I'm betting maybe 3 months max. People are going to be tight on money next month because of Christmas. I know I will be, especially since my girlfriend is visiting for Christmas and New Years.

Hmmm, I wish I could be calm about this and delay the purchase for a few weeks or even a month, but the recent 1-day-sellout of Predator scares the living daylights out of me, and even more recently, Carrie also seems to have gone very fast (although it was limited to 1200, true). :thumbup:

Yeah, I missed out on Predator.

For a couple days, I felt scared (because I don't think I'll have funds for any of this for a couple months :/ ), but now I have just accepted the fact that I might not get to have these goodies...or that I will be spending extra money on them someday on eBay.

I am starting to have recurring dreams of me winning the lottery.

I think the holy grail aspect, plus that it's a Goldsmith and a Trek, will mean it goes fast.

I plan on being there first thing, to be sure.

I'll be an early bird myself, that much is certain.

GIVE ME GENESIS!

Give me V'Ger!

Here here !

I love the 20th Anniversary TMP, but I want it all. :thumbup:

Hey, a question for you folks: I'm definitely gonna order Star Trek V and Home Alone on Tuesday, but I'm trying to decide which address to send it to. If I order it on Tuesday, when do y'all think it would arrive in the LA area?

I think the holy grail aspect, plus that it's a Goldsmith and a Trek, will mean it goes fast.

I plan on being there first thing, to be sure.

Most definitely. My estimate was just based on Giacchino's Star Trek: The Deluxe Edition. Sold 5,000 copies in about a month. So this has to do at least that, and most likely a lot faster because it's Goldsmith.

Most definitely. My estimate was just based on Giacchino's Star Trek: The Deluxe Edition. Sold 5,000 copies in about a month. So this has to do at least that, and most likely a lot faster because it's Goldsmith.

I bet you it won't.

It should.

Hey, a question for you folks: I'm definitely gonna order Star Trek V and Home Alone on Tuesday, but I'm trying to decide which address to send it to. If I order it on Tuesday, when do y'all think it would arrive in the LA area?

Who are you ordering it from? If you order from LaLaLand you should have it within 2 days since they are in L.A. area as well.

I bet you it won't.

I bet you it will. It's the same scenario. Both are 5,000 copies, both are a part of the Star Trek franchise. One is a more popular composer, one is cheaper, and one hasn't been expanded for a lot longer. In theory, it has to sell out within a month.

Who are you ordering it from? If you order from LaLaLand you should have it within 2 days since they are in L.A. area as well.

Oh, excellent. I'll probably just order from them, then - I was already leaning in that direction. Thanks!

It should.

Or the following day...I have to agree with Mark, order directly from La-La Land Joe if you want it to be sent to your address in L.A. You will get it a lot quicker.

Edit: Joe and I posted at the same time.

Well I'll certainly eat my words if it does, but I'm not anticipating it. Why is this limited anyway? FSM got the other ones unlimited.

Possibly because the original album is still in Print, and also that it's Sony.

Sony may have a different deal in place for their albums.

OR perhaps MV felt it wasn't a good business decision for LaLaLand to pay all the re-use fees and make it unlimited.

I'm gonna bet STV sells out within 10 days. It's one of the holiest of a grails, it's Goldsmith, it's Star Trek, it was pre-announced, and it's Christmas.

Am I the only person who likes the Hiroshima song? :unsure:

Probably. ;)

Figures. :P

Well I'll certainly eat my words if it does, but I'm not anticipating it. Why is this limited anyway? FSM got the other ones unlimited.

Possibly because the original album is still in Print, and also that it's Sony.

Sony may have a different deal in place for their albums.

OR perhaps MV felt it wasn't a good business decision for LaLaLand to pay all the re-use fees and make it unlimited.

I'm betting you (Mark) and Charlie are correct. The OST is still available. Listed for $7 on Amazon right now. So that's probably why they couldn't make it unlimited. I do like Mark's idea that MV probably felt it wasn't a good business decision for them to make it unlimited.

Am I the only person who likes the Hiroshima song? :lol:

Probably. :(

Figures. ROTFLMAO

No, it's kinda catchy. I have heard worse 80s synth-pop songs.

The film version of the cue is a lot better. It's not a bad piece of source music, but it's horribly overproduced.

Still, Star Trek III had the worst pop/synth piece.

Yeah, the film version is much better because it plays as part of the movie. Like Kirk and co actually put the music together on the spot for Uhura to sing, and it's a shorter version.