Koray Savas

Leslie Nielsen passes away at 84

I've just heard from a friend, like it was old news, that Leslie Nielsen had passed away. I immediately retorted with doubt, and had found no news of it on the internet. I came across it on his Wikipedia page, and it linked to a news site reporting that he has passed in a Florida hospital due to complications from pneumonia. A recording of his nephew speaking about the incident confirmed it.

This is tragic news, and probably the only celebrity death that has caused me to feel truly mournful. I am deeply saddened by this, and the world of film has just lost its best comedian.

Rest in peace Leslie Nielsen, you will be sorely missed.

medium_leslie-nielsen.jpg

I wanted to wait until there was more official confirmations. More news sites are starting to run with it now.

Rest in peace Mr. Nielsen and thanks for a lifetime of laughs. He was very good with dramatic roles as well.

I see I'm not alone with being especially affected by Mr. Nielson's passing. It's hard for me to put into words exactly why his death hurts so much, but I think all of us can agree that it's because of how good he made us all feel. All the laughs and iconic lines, he won't be forgotten.

This is very sad news. :unsure: I grew up on a lot of his movies too, including this lesser known one called DAY OF THE ANIMALS, where he acts much creepier than in a lot of his films. Though of course, laughs were still to be had.

Here's to you, hot shot. Get that bear!

dayoftheanimals4.jpg

animals1.jpg

I can't believe it. Just yesterday I was watching the Naked Gun movies and I kept laughing and thinking "Boy, this guy is a genius!" and now... He's gone. However, he will always live on our memories, and thanks to him the world can keep smiling.

Thank you for existing and making our lives happier!

RIP.

I can't help but think, as he approached the pearly gates for a well-deserved rest, the angels looked upon his coming and cried out, "Look! It's Enrico Pallazzo!"

And likewise did they all take up the cheer: "Enri-co Palla-zzo! Enri-co Palla-zzo! Enri-co Palla-zzo!"

Rest in peace, old friend. :)

- Uni

I can't help but think, as he approached the pearly gates for a well-deserved rest, the angels looked upon his coming and cried out, "Look! It's Enrico Pallazzo!"

Thanks Uni. :)

If anyone has never seen the 6 episodes of Police Squad, which became the Naked Gun films, I recommend finding the DVD and sit back and enjoy the shows.

Sadly I think they were too ahead of their time.

If anyone has never seen the 6 episodes of Police Squad, which became the Naked Gun films, I recommend finding the DVD and sit back and enjoy the shows.

I have them, they're hilarious. One standout moment in particular is absolute comedy gold.

While the Naked Gun movies were fun (and the first is a genuine classic), none of them had a line as funny as one that appeared in one of those T.V. episodes: while interviewing a murder victim's grieving spouse, Nielsen says, "We would've come sooner, ma'am, but your husband wasn't dead then."

Now that's comedy gold. :thumbup:

- Uni

While the Naked Gun movies were fun (and the first is a genuine classic), none of them had a line as funny as one that appeared in one of those T.V. episodes: while interviewing a murder victim's grieving spouse, Nielsen says, "We would've come sooner, ma'am, but your husband wasn't dead then."

- Uni

:)

- Uni

That was what I was referring to earlier. The "Mrs Twice" scene :)

- Uni

That was what I was referring to earlier. The "Mrs Twice" scene :)

"Look out! He has a knife!"

"Look out! He has a club!"

"Look out! He has a signed Picasso!"

"Look out! He has herpes!"

Now that's comedy gold. ;)

- Uni

:lol:

Time for me to watch Forbidden Planet again.

R.I.P. :(