Rip Irvin Kershner

pro-arte

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww man, it's more depressing that it happens during the holiday season too.

Rest in peace Mr. Kirshner and thank you for what you did for The Empire Strikes Back.

RIP Irvin Kershner.

Thank you for directing my favorite film of all time.

Aww man, it's more depressing that it happens during the holiday season too.

Rest in peace Mr. Kirshner and thank you for what you did for The Empire Strikes Back.

I don't think that there could be two more appropriate posts. His talent will be missed forever. R.I.P., sir. :)

That is horrible news. What more can be said about the amazing work he did? I'd also add that with fans and in interviews, he seemed like such a gracious, kind, and friendly man who was proud of his role in Star Wars. Rest in peace.

Ah crap this sucks to read another great person has passed away within a few hours of each other. :)

I'm going to have to watch The Empire Strikes Back sometime today in Irvin's honor. He helped directed my favorite Star Wars film of all time.

Really haunting, since Spike was doing an OT marathon just yesterday by pure coincidence.

Ugh, this is so sad, my jaw literally dropped. May he RIP, always be remembered, and may his friends and family find comfort in knowing their loved one left behind a magnificent legacy and a very fulfilled life. The Force was with him!!

Very sad. Rest in peace. Thanks for the movie that marked the first my first ever trip to the cinema (even though I wasn't even born at the time) :thumbup:

Karol - who is actually halfway through the J.W. Rinzler's book about TESB.

What a bad day. We are forever in debt to him for ESB, though I honestly have never seen anything else from his filmography.

I feel bad I fell asleep watching ESB last night.

I'm glad I got to see him at Star Wars Celebration IV. He was too ill to attend CV and I knew that he must have been bad because he would've attending that. We will miss you Kersh.