Fantastic Mr. Fox score question

Trumpeteer

I just finished watching "Fantastic Mr. Fox" for the fourth time. Such a fun film, and I've never really been a fan of Wes Anderson.

One part of the score that I cannot find anywhere on iTunes is the cue played when they are rescuing Kristofferson from the Bean Annex. It's aa fun percussion theme that plays for about four minutes.

Does anyone know where this cue can be found?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I created a thread for this question, but found no answer. Gonna try for an answer here:

I just finished watching "Fantastic Mr. Fox" for the fourth time. Such a fun film, and I've never really been a fan of Wes Anderson.

One part of the score that I cannot find anywhere on iTunes is the cue played when they are rescuing Kristofferson from the Bean Annex. It's a fun percussion theme that plays for about four minutes.

I created a thread for this question, but found no answer. Gonna try for an answer here:

One part of the score that I cannot find anywhere on iTunes is the cue played when they are rescuing Kristofferson from the Bean Annex. It's a fun percussion theme that plays for about four minutes.

Um, Bean's Secret Cider Cellar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9lWJAS9Qy0

• 2 weeks later...

Um, Bean's Secret Cider Cellar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9lWJAS9Qy0

Nah, that's not it. I know which one Trumpeteer's talking about. It also plays near the beginning, when Mr. Fox and Kylie are breaking into the chicken coop and shooting the blueberries at the dogs. I looked everywhere for it too, the closest thing I could find was "Plan B" from the Fantastic Mr. Fox - Additional Music from the Original Score CD. I don't think it's that exact cue, but it's pretty similar and features some of the same rhythmic ideas, along with some great banjo licks at the end.

• 2 months later...

The Fantastic Mr Fox score album ("The Abbey Road Mixes") - download-only - is now available in CD quality (rather than MP3 quality) from Qobuz.

However, it's again not available in Belgium. (Why doesn't that surprise me - it happens to ALL legal downloads I want.)

Can anyone check if it's available in other countries, or only in France?

Yep hopefully - but with Qobuz you'd certainly expect it to be. Not that it matters since I can't buy it anyway. Do you have access to it in the US?

Nope, I get

This article is not available in your country yet (United States)

Cet article n'est pas encore disponible en téléchargement dans votre pays (United States) Pour confirmer être résident en France (ou DOM-TOM) et / ou disposer d'un moyen de paiement émis en France (ou DOM-TOM), il suffit de vous authentifier. Si vous avez besoin d'aide, contactez-nous.

• 3 weeks later...

So this lossless version is available a bit cheaper until the 13th or so.

Is anyone here from France? Please PM me.

Thanks very much - but you're about three hours too late :D

I just figured it out - you just need to type in a fictional French address and you're settled!

Also, I did a quick spectral analysis on one or two cues, and it IS lossless.

• 10 years later...

I was actually looking for some information as to how the two releases of Desplat's score (plus other music on the "main" soundtrack album) fit together and whether you need both to have the complete (or largely complete) score. However, if anyone was still looking for the additional music album, it does appear to be available on 7Digital...

https://uk.7digital.com/artist/alexandre-desplat/release/fantastic-mr-fox-additional-music-from-the-original-score-by-alexandre-desplat-the-abbey-road-mixes-760362