Video Game Music

Quintus

I've trimmed the Halo 5 release down to 50 minutes. Fave cues are: Light Is Green, Skeleton Crew, Covenant Prayers, Walk Softly, The Trials and Blue Team. These are the cues that are awesome. Just not Halo awesome.

I still don't think it's better than what the Bungie brothers or Davidge came up with. To me it simply doesn't have that special something. Fine game music, but musically it has the staying power of a one hit wonder.

Halo Canticles 4.13
Light Is Green 3.28
Rock and Ice 1.28
Scavengers 3.43
In Absentia 1.33
Meridian Crossing 4.08
Skeleton Crew 1.02
Warrior World 4.44
Covenant Prayers 3.43
Worldquake 2.50
Walk Softly 3.38
The Trials 4.13
End Game 2.08
Jameson Locke 4.26
Blue Team 4.37

Greath threads! Thanks for sharing that.

The guy who made them sounds like a really nice bloke!

haha xD

I have FFIV on cd :) The original music :) Planning on getting 7 aswell . I love one song on the 7 soundtrack called 'Ahead on our way' Instantly loved that song when I played the game for the first time last year :)

Anyone listen to Final Fantasy music here? I know you listen to dragonquest DreamTheater, do you also listen to final fantasy?

Why of course I do, but mostly the orchestrated versions (Distant Worlds 1-3), FF VIII Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec which is the perfect FF album (except for that annoying vocal in one particular cue).

I also love the soundtrack of FF XIII (some superb orchestral cues and lovely themes in that one).

So apparently McCreary has done a DLC for Assassin's Creed. Is the series making a deliberate effort to get decent composers lately? The few installments I've played (the Ezios) all had stunningly uninteresting scores.

Whatshisface who did Black Flag turned in a nice and perfectly suitable soundtrack. I wouldn't buy the album, but I remember noticing the music during gameplay (rare for me) and there were a cues I appreciated.

Anyone listen to Final Fantasy music here? I know you listen to dragonquest DreamTheater, do you also listen to final fantasy?

For the love of God, I hope people here got the Final Symphony album that came out this spring. I think its ITunes and Amazon MP3 only(?), but its the LSO and its one of the best performances I've heard them give in 30 years.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Symphony-Music-From-Fantasy/dp/B00TYMD07K

Hey, guys -

I know this is an older game, but does anyone know where I can find all of the raw music files from Star Wars: Republic Commando? I know they were floating around many years ago, but my archive of them is damaged. Someone ripped them out of the game years ago (10 years ago?). I'm not looking for the soundtrack that they released for it. I'm looking for the raw music files that were in the game itself.

Anyone have it or know where I can find it?

Thanks!

- stars

No info on that yet (still waiting for a physical release of the first one!).

Bought it on iTunes, made my own playlist, burned it to CD-R, made some custom covers. Voila, I have a physical copy. :)

Just two cues of another stellar soundtrack.

Like Civilization V and Civilization Beyond Earth, everything I've heard these guys (Knorr, Curran, Kirkhope) put out is amazing.

Majestic is the right word ! :yes:

Just ignore the ambient cues.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On January 12, 2016 at 0:15 PM, Jay said:

I forget, are there any fans of Remember Me by Olivier Deriviere on this board?

I think Erik Woods is a fan. I like Deriviere but haven't listened to this one. The game is on my infinite backlog, actually. One day!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A really interesting video about the score (and sound design) of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This kind of Eastern European folk music is really close to me, they're not unfamiliar where I grew up, and it's interestingly combined to make the game's atmosphere really unique and wonderful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...