ATTN: Server Migration Complete

Jacck

Hi Guys,

The server migration is now complete. If you're seeing this message, that means you're now seeing JWFan hosted from the new server.

Please use this thread to report any teething issues. I'm aware that the front page content isn't showing at the moment, and I'm looking at ways to fix that. Fixed :angry:

Cheers!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty seamless it seems!

Sooo.. are there any changes anyone's been waiting a while for while I'm here? whistle.gif

That was smooth, well done!

There's one feature that I'd like to see re-installed: export one's private messages to hmtl or whatever format. No worries if that's not possible, of course.

I was gonna say the same thing. I really would like to be able to automatically download my PM conversations in one big .txt document so my inbox is no longer on the perpetual verge of being full. :P

I believe some thanks are in order. To Andreas, for his many years hosting. And to Jack, for stepping up to the plate. You guys rock! :thumbup:

Indeed, thanks guys! :)

I was gonna say the same thing. I really would like to be able to automatically download my PM conversations in one big .txt document so my inbox is no longer on the perpetual verge of being full. :P

Why don't we just cut off the problem by increasing the inbox sizes? There's no reason why they should be so ridiculously small - they use up next to no space.. unless I'm missing something?

Awesome job increasing inbox size, I've always wondered why it was so small myself! Yay!

Great work with everything else as too, Jack!

Cheers!

I believe some thanks are in order. To Andreas, for his many years hosting. And to Jack, for stepping up to the plate. You guys rock! :thumbup:

Mega dittos. :beerchug:

Ooooh, I have a request!

Can we get a thumbs up icon that mirrors the thumb down icon? Sometimes I just want to give someone a thumbs up, and the winky-faced thumbs up we have isn't exactly appropriate. Does anyone else know what I mean?

Nice work! Seems to be runnding smoothly :) All the best for running this site, Jack.

And not to forget, many thanks to Andreas for keeping this place up and running for the last decade!

Hm, it seems the "go" Button next to the forum selection box at the bottom of threads is missing? I can go to other subforums by choosing them in the dropdown box, but can'T get back to the General Discussion page without scrolling to the top of the page again...

I see the top twenty posters error has been fixed. It no longer goes to messages.

A huge thanks to Jack for taking this on and another huge thanks for all the work Andreas has done.

Ooooh yea the Members tab now works, yay!

I see I'm the person with the 22nd most posts on the board. Henry Buck, I'm coming for you next! :)

Ooooh yea the Members tab now works, yay!

I see I'm the person with the 22nd most posts on the board. Henry Buck, I'm coming for you next! :)

Woo hoo, top 10! That and the little green tag under my name make all the years of toil worthwhile. ;)

Thanks for taking things over Jack, and I also want to send a huge thank you to Andreas for all the hard work that he put into the board and the site, often under great financial pressure. This place would have vanished a long time ago if it wasn't for him.

Hey Jack, when you get a moment, would you consider adding a small update which would make mobile viewing a VASTLY superior experience to the bare-bones functionality we have now? On Apple's App Store there's an app called 'Tapatalk Forum App', check it out - it allows users to have a far better, less fiddly experience when visiting their favourite forums. In order for it to work just a small script would be added by yourself, it's quick and seamless and would indeed be a very useful upgrade for posters like me.

Have a look, see what you think: http://www.tapatalk.com/

Cheers.

Hey Jack, when you get a moment, would you consider adding a small update which would make mobile viewing a VASTLY superior experience to the bare-bones functionality we have now? On Apple's App Store there's an app called 'Tapatalk Forum App', check it out - it allows users to have a far better, less fiddly experience when visiting their favourite forums. In order for it to work just a small script would be added by yourself, it's quick and seamless and would indeed be a very useful upgrade for posters like me.

Have a look, see what you think: http://www.tapatalk.com/

Cheers.

Nice suggestion! Just installed it and tried it out.. working great. :D

nice!

Any chance we can get a : up: smiley to go along with the : down : smiley?

Instead our only options are :thumbup: and :down: