ATTN: Server Migration Complete

Jacck

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jack, when you get a moment, would you consider adding a small update which would make mobile viewing a VASTLY superior experience to the bare-bones functionality we have now? On Apple's App Store there's an app called 'Tapatalk Forum App', check it out - it allows users to have a far better, less fiddly experience when visiting their favourite forums. In order for it to work just a small script would be added by yourself, it's quick and seamless and would indeed be a very useful upgrade for posters like me.

Have a look, see what you think: http://www.tapatalk.com/

Cheers.

Nice suggestion! Just installed it and tried it out.. working great. :D

FANTASTIC! I love you as admin already :thumbup:

Holy crap! That's what I was trying to think of!

I'm like...what the defines John Williams? Something doesn't look right...it's missing one really important thing...I can't figure it out.

turtleneck! Thanks!

(and perhaps a Hans Zimmer hater emoticon)

listenedtozim.gif

in my mind i was thinking more of: "someone" with a gun pointing it at Zim (in a comedic sort of way)

Awesome. Unfortunately I was an idiot and uploaded an earlier version and I think you got it...where there's a snag in his pony tail.

The broken one that you got:

:jerry:

The fixed one:

jerrysmile1.gif

It's such a huge difference, I know. ;)

So, I've decided that the front pages need a complete overhaul. The design looks dated, and the methods used to create it are soooo 1999. Also, I hate Joomla. :P

I think a nice HTML5 modern site is just what we need! But we need some good content as well.. I think we need to expand things a bit so there's more information and tidbits for people to find. I'm thinking complete score rundowns, average user ratings systems for releases, reviews, and design/skin the forums and front page in a similar way (so they feel like they're part of the same site!).. Anyone have any suggestions for front page ideas? Would be cool to have a section for complete cue sheets as well.

I'm gonna use my own CMS (Content Management System) that I'm developing.. It will give us the power to have whatever we want on the front page, really.. If we can think of it, it can happen ;D ... and we've needed RSS feeds for sooo long now!

Jack. I love you. :wub:

Down with Joomla.

HTML5 + CSS3. = Love.

The design looks dated, and the methods used to create it are soooo 1999.

I looked at the source code last night. It is horrific looking.

I'm thinking complete score rundowns, average user ratings systems for releases, reviews, and design/skin the forums and front page in a similar way (so they feel like they're part of the same site!).. Anyone have any suggestions for front page ideas?

If you want any graphics/designs/mock ups or help with coding/debugging let me know.

.......I think we need to expand things a bit so there's more information and tidbits for people to find. I'm thinking complete score rundowns.......

complete score rundowns certainly would be nice

Yeah, I'd definitely like to see cue lists with original titles and slate numbers wherever available, along with indications of which parts of the OSTs correspond to which cues. It'd be nice to keep that separate from reviews of the score, in order to keep the listings themselves as objective as possible.

I think we need to expand things a bit so there's more information and tidbits for people to find. I'm thinking complete score rundowns, average user ratings systems for releases, reviews, and design/skin the forums and front page in a similar way (so they feel like they're part of the same site!).. Anyone have any suggestions for front page ideas? Would be cool to have a section for complete cue sheets as well.

YES YES ZOMG YES!

As long as Ricard's cool with it...

I've been wanting the site to have pages for everything in JW's filmography for so long!

Nice, but a last comment from my site:

@ All: Thanks for the last years. But you never write me a message that you need more "mail space" or new emotes.

Shame on you.

@Jack: Please don't forget that jwfan.net/com is a Ricard L. Befan website. When you change someone please

write a message to Ricard. You are the new admin and hoster but not the new owner of this webseite.

Sorry this is really important for me! Oh and please remove my name on the mainpage.

Yes this step is not easy for me, I host this website more then 10 years, a very long time.

I hope I'll never regret this step.

Goodbye to all members.

Andreas Westphal

Nice, but a last comment from my site:

@ All: Thanks for the last years. But you never write me a message that you need more "mail space" or new emotes.

Shame on you.

@Jack: Please don't forget that jwfan.net/com is a Ricard L. Befan website. When you change someone please

write a message to Ricard. You are the new admin and hoster but not the new owner of this webseite.

Sorry this is really important for me! Oh and please remove my name on the mainpage.

Yes this step is not easy for me, I host this website more then 10 years, a very long time.

Goodbye to all members.

Andreas Westphal

Andreas you are gracious to the end, although it needn't be that way - stick around and say hello from time to time, we'd like that a lot.

I think I speak for us all when I say that you're an awesome guy and a kind heart for devoting so much of your time and resources to JWFAN. It was really, really appreciated.

Good luck and THANK YOU!

Goodbye to all members.

Andreas Westphal

well thank you for you hard work

but you can always come back as a regular poster and comment on new John Williams scores, it's not like you have to leave forever..

Andreas, if you think he's going to kowtow to the whims of a guy who stopped being relevant five years ago, you don't know Jack.