Tron Legacy Score Thread

Charlie Brigden

John Williams as either a Darth or Jedi Master.

Jerry Goldsmith as a Klingon or Starfleet Admiral

I think we did a thread like this years ago with composer action figures.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I will hold off buying the OST. I was hemming and hawing about the 2 Disc Version. Maybe this would be a welcome alternative.

Reconfigured? In other words, the same thing minus some cues and rearranged as a listening experience...

I mean, what else could they add?

Entire score in film order?

The entire score is out there, and as we all know, soundtrack producers that aren't specialty labels don't care about film order.

Reconfigured? In other words, the same thing minus some cues and rearranged as a listening experience...

The entire score is out there, and as we all know, soundtrack producers that aren't specialty labels don't care about film order.

A: Have you had this confirmed?

B: Never underestimate the power of marketing. Also, Daft Punk aren't your average soundtrack guys.

This is irrelevant. The "bonus" tracks were only released as lossy tracks scattered across Amazon, iTunes, and Nokia, which would have been very difficult to buy legally.

I bought the Amazon version the day it was $4.99, but decided that if Disney was going to be fucking pricks about the rest of the music, I would have no problem pirating the other tracks. I would appreciate the opportunity to buy the complete score in one nice neat $18.99 package. If not, fuck Disney, I'll keep what I stole.

What the chuffin' heck happens to all the top-end at around the 2:35 mark on the "End Titles"?!

and...

Does anyone else hear that disastrous edit on the "Overture", at around 1:36?

Both of those sound pretty intentional to me—the first to emphasize the orchestral part, and the other just being how the electronic sound starts.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking candidly, the original album version is the perfect length for the score. The bonus material adds another 20-25 minutes onto of that, and it's a long listen (the bonus cues are interesting but not totally worth seeking).

The official site has been updated, confirming that the forthcoming album (TRON: R3CONFIGUR3D) is a remix album. However, what caught my eye is one of the bundle features:

_Exclusively on Tronsoundtrack.com

Collector's Digital EP [unreleased tracks/alternate takes]

Really, all of this track-chasing is beyond exhausting. As it is, I have nothing from Tron Legacy. I've put off buying the OST because I missed the deluxe 2CD set, and now am wondering if an all-inclusive package will be made available. Can't I just spend about $20 and get a good representation of the score?

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do. But still, the trickling of content doesn't agree with me.

The extra material isn't that great. If you take all of the extra material, you get about an 80-85 minute score. Which is a long listen. The regular album is perfect in terms of length.

• 2 weeks later...

414kaujHNFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Daft Punk: Tron: Legacy R3configur3d

cat.: TRONREMIX

Release Date : Apr 11 2011

1. The Glitch Mob - Derezzed

2. M83 vs. Big Black Delta - Fall

3. The Crystal Method - The Grid/Game Has Changed

4. Teddybears - Adagio for Tron

5. Ki:Theory - The Son of Flynn

6. Paul Oakenfold - C.L.U.

7. Moby - The Son of Flynn

8. Boys Noize - End of Line (Boys Noize Remix)

9. Kaskade - Rinzler

10. Com Truise - Enron Part II

11. Photek - End of Line

12. The Japanese Popstars - Arena

13. Avicii - Derezzed

14. Pretty Lights - Solar Sailor

15. Sander Kleinenberg - Tron Legacy (End Titles)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M20YDU

• 5 years later...
4 hours ago, Thor said:

You're all aware that Giorgio Moroder is doing a new TRON score, right?

Wait, what?

I actually broke the news first (as well as his work on the QUEEN OF THE SOUTH TV series) when I interviewed him last year, but I'm glad to see it's actually happening -- as you never know these days. Moroder and TRON sounds like a match made in heaven, and it makes sense that they went to the "source" after Daft Punk -- obviously huge Moroder fans -- did the first film. Moroder needs to be part of this universe too!

Ah, it's out already! I didn't know that.

That's the one. In case anyone got confused, I was talking about the videogame. Moroder is not involved in any of the film sequels, to my knowledge.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

As far as I'm aware they cancelled the third film quite a while ago.

Correct: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16439-the-official-future-films-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1133054

• 3 years later...

I googled tron legacy orchestra and saw this clip.

I loved looking at the faces of the string section - playing a basic ostinato for 3 straight minutes - and the the looks on their faces - boredom, agony, indifference, shame etc. were hilarious and amusing.