The Great JWFan Challenge - Separating Men from Boys

BLUMENKOHL

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know people that never really listen to music. They'll watch TV, but never turn on the radio in the car, or pop in an album while hanging out.

These people also do not spend hundreds of dollars per year on soundtrack albums, nor do they post here. These are the kinds of people that would excel at Blume's 40 days of no music, and easily turn it into 100 days.

Yes I could avoid music for 40 days, like I could take a match and sear my pubic hair off.

Be careful with comments like that or someone's going to volunteer. Somebody already wants to watch Mark's vasectomy, and someone else offered to help lube a spoon up his bum.

um..it's just blume vs me?

its not very interesting for a competition...

And i'm starting to think we are fools...

:lol:

Anyway, good luck you two.

:cheer:

Karol - who posted his only because he wanted to use this emoticon ;)

Sorry, this is a joke, right??

Keep telling yourself that!

So you don't want to hear those POA recording sessions that leaked a few hours ago?

Karol

NP: Rainy Nights, Dementors, Birds

:cool:

Not having a wank for 40 days.

That's a MAN'S challenge.

None of this poncy "Ooo, Ooo, I'm dying to listen to The Throne Room" lark.

I honestly thought that when I first saw the thread title. The Other Topics section is waiting Quint, you can be the first to take on the challenge.

Yes I could avoid music for 40 days, like I could take a match and sear my pubic hair off.

Be careful with comments like that or someone's going to volunteer. Somebody already wants to watch Mark's vasectomy, and someone else offered to help lube a spoon up his bum.

ROTFLMAO

Isnt this pointless?

It's pointless because it's asking someone to voluntarily give something up we all love, and it's not even close to Lent yet. Even then, I'd rather give up something easy like soda pop or even video games, since I've successfully done both, but music?

One more day...

Isnt this pointless?

you said 38 days to go yesterday

yesterday was my second day so, 40-2=38 or am i doing something wrong? have in mind that my days finishy 6 hours ahead of blume's...

37 days to do...

Yeah you're ahead of me. :P

You know I have to say one thing that raises my respect for some of these composers is earlier this evening I was hallucinating "playing" Window to the Past in my head in a moment of dead silence, and I got chills, from the music in my head.

I'm wondering if as the days go by, the hallucinations memories will grow less vivid?

Oh man, I'm listening right now and it feeeeeeeeelllllllsssssss ssssssoooooooo gggggoooooooddddd!!!!!!

Oh man all this wonderful film music...hhhhhmmmmmmm.........

Yesterday while reading the Temple of doom comic adaptation, i wanted to listed to the score along.

I just felt like putting a score today, but it was not urgent, since i had no score in mind... so i passed.

I decided to come up with a list of the scores that strike my fancy during my torture.

For example yesterday after being stuck in 5 mile per hour traffic on a 75 highway, for 30 minutes due to some rolled over vehicle, all of a sudden the traffic started roaring along again, and I had the urge to blast "Chateau" from Matrix Reloaded.

The opening 5 seconds of that track were made for flooring your gas pedal after such a miserable situation.

I already did this three years ago, but just for about a month.

Songs in the bus radio didn't count.

There was just a moment I failed. We were a lot of people walking through the freakin' jungle of Panama. One of the guys in the organization I was travelling with turned out to be a soundtrack fan. I asked him what he was listening to. He said: "Indiana Jones". I asked which part, he answered: "the march".

:o

It was just about fifteen seconds! I couldn't resist! The situation warranted it! :unsure:

I thought that Chaac said he failed?:eh:

" There was just a moment I failed. We were.....walking through the....jungle of Panama. One of the guys.....I was travelling with turned out to be a soundtrack fan. I asked him what he was listening to. He said: "Indiana Jones". I asked which part, he answered: "the march".

:o

It was just about fifteen seconds! I couldn't resist! The situation warranted it! "

I still think those of you who are doing this are insane. :P

Film Scores is what helps keep me sane and going. If I tried to not listen to it for 40 days and 40 nights I'd go absolutely crazy.

really.. lately i didnt listened to much music at home, mainly only while driving at and during work. but since i have substituted that for radio programs (not music channels) i dont care much...

but banning something makes you wanting it, and now i fell like listening to music at home a few times a day.

35 days to go...