Walking by Williams' house

Maglorfin

Mark's post in the health topic gave me the idea for the new one. I wonder if anybody knows where JW's actual house/home is, does anybody actually have any idea where the maestro himself live? Where's this famous house that Spielberg gets invited to so many times and where Margot Kidder had her miserable go at singing Can You Read My Mind in the middle of "Oscars everywhere"? Is it somewhere secret with no neighours around for miles and the JP-styled electric fence? Or is it a perfectly normal home somewhere in the sunny suburbia, much like the one in Edward Scissorhands and JW has a lot of friendly neighbours around to borrow the sugar from if he runs out of it? :D Please tell me truly, dear fellow JWFanners. I've been wondering about this for years, but had never thought of making a thread about it so let's hear some ideas! :thumbup:

You can find out where most anyone who owns a home in America lives, what their house looks like, how much they paid, etc. Public records.

I think when I lived in California I went through John Williams' neighborhood in LA. I found this out after the fact.

At the moment, yep. If I started walking now, I could be at his house in maybe 30 minutes. I've actually never walked by it, though.

Only driven. :cool:

No, but seriously, it's a very nice neighborhood, one that has sort of a...private feel to it, to the point where I'd definitely feel weird just casually walking through and stealing glances at one house in particular. I drove by it one time to satisfy my curiosity, but that's about it. It's a nice house, but there's nothing about it that makes it stand out from the other houses in the neighborhood.

There's a good shot of his house around the three-minute mark in this video:

I get these silly images in my head of a montage of scenes featuring a young man (datamiester) constantly walking by Williams' house, stopping an looking, and catching the Maestro in various everyday moments.

Williams in his robe, holding a cup of coffee while picking up his newspaper in the morning.

Williams out in his front garden, planting flowers. I picture Williams is a floppy sun hat, t-shirt, shorts, sandals and white socks.

Williams washing his car in the driveway.

Williams riding a lawnmower around his yard.

;)

Mark's post in the health topic gave me the idea for the new one. I wonder if anybody knows where JW's actual house/home is, does anybody actually have any idea where the maestro himself live? Where's this famous house that Spielberg gets invited to so many times and where Margot Kidder had her miserable go at singing Can You Read My Mind in the middle of "Oscars everywhere"? Is it somewhere secret with no neighours around for miles and the JP-styled electric fence? Or is it a perfectly normal home somewhere in the sunny suburbia, much like the one in Edward Scissorhands and JW has a lot of friendly neighbours around to borrow the sugar from if he runs out of it? :D Please tell me truly, dear fellow JWFanners. I've been wondering about this for years, but had never thought of making a thread about it so let's hear some ideas! :thumbup:

In America we call that Stalking.

I get these silly images in my head of a montage of scenes featuring a young man (datamiester) constantly walking by Williams' house, stopping an looking, and catching the Maestro in various everyday moments.

Williams in his robe, holding a cup of coffee while picking up his newspaper in the morning.

Williams out in his front garden, planting flowers. I picture Williams is a floppy sun hat, t-shirt, shorts, sandals and white socks.

Williams washing his car in the driveway.

Williams riding a lawnmower around his yard.

;)

Stop invading my fantasies, Mark! ;)

FYI I think I mentioned this last time as well, but threads like this can be used as evidence of stalking in the states!

Just a heads up. Most people who get busted as stalkers don't think it's malicious or think it's just cool to see the house of a celebrity.

Well I'm nowhere near his house and wouldn't dream of walking by and I'm sure Datameister feels the same way.

I'm sure John will agree I was a bit apprehensive and tongue tied just meeting the man in person and shaking his hand.

FYI I think I mentioned this last time as well, but threads like this can be used as evidence of stalking in the states!

Just a heads up. Most people who get busted as stalkers don't think it's malicious or think it's just cool to see the house of a celebrity.

Thanks for the reality check, Blume. :) And on that note, for the record once more...I do live rather close to Williams, but this was something I discovered years after moving, and I've only seen his house on one occasion, and all I did was drive by because I was in the neighborhood. I have seen Williams in person twice, but both times were at the Hollywood Bowl, and both times were from a distance. Although I'm massively indebted to the man for the musical impact he's had on my life, I will not invade (or condone the invasion of) his privacy, even though I might joke about it with fellow fans.

</seriousness>

Yeah, Mark's post reminded me off that scene in Silence of the Lambs involving a van and a sofa.

"It whistles Cadillac of the Skies, or else it gets the hose again.........PUT THE F***ING SIGNED CD IN THE BASKET!!!!" :angry:

tnsilence.jpg

At the moment, yep. If I started walking now, I could be at his house in maybe 30 minutes. I've actually never walked by it, though.

Only driven. :cool:

No, but seriously, it's a very nice neighborhood, one that has sort of a...private feel to it, to the point where I'd definitely feel weird just casually walking through and stealing glances at one house in particular. I drove by it one time to satisfy my curiosity, but that's about it. It's a nice house, but there's nothing about it that makes it stand out from the other houses in the neighborhood.

There's a good shot of his house around the three-minute mark in this video:

Wow, thanks for this candid insight! This is really interesting! bowdown

LOL :lol:

Jesus H. Christ! :o That was never my intention, nor did I mean to invade maestro's privacy in any way! :blink: I guess I wouldn't be able to resist driving by his house just once if I lived in the vicinity like Datameister does, but never with any malevolent intentions!

Maybe it would be better for one of the administrators to lock this thread if it is really such a sensitive subject, I learned a lot, even "saw" JW's house and NEVER meant any harm by anything I've written here. It's just a harmless fanboy stuff. :P

Dont they do bus tours in hollywood to see the celebrities houses?

Or are they all fake, like in a theme park? :P

Whilst not wanting to offend anyone on, I do wonder why anyone would want to go and rubberneck at Mr. Williams' house? The world is full of freaks, geeks, stalkers, and people who get off on making a nuisance of themselves when it comes to famous people (I won't call J.W. a "celebrity", because he clearly isn't one).

There are many people that I would like to sit down with and have a conversation with (John Williams, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Larry Fast, and Jerry Goldsmith - guess I missed the boat on that one ;) ), but I would never dream of actually turning up on their doorstep, demanding a cup of Earl Grey! Like many fans, if I did meet J.W. all I could probably manage would be "er...um...er...I love Raiders", and how many times has he heard that?!

Best to leave Mr.W.in peace, and to try to "know" him through his music.

I went on one of those when I visited Hollywood for the first time. I saw Ozzy Osbourne's house.

I went on one of those when I visited Hollywood for the first time. I saw Ozzy Osbourne's house.

Mazel tov. ;)

[...] but I would never dream of actually turning up on their doorstep, demanding a cup of Earl Grey!

Neither would I, never. My original wish was no more than knowing where his house is. :P I'd never annoy or disturb JW in any way, I love him way too much. :)

but surely there is one among us who would meet John with a gun in one hand and their personal copy of Catcher in the Rye in the other. who would it be???

Miguel, not likely

Stefan, keeper of the ponytail, again not likely he has his trophy.

Uni, perhaps, he's above reproach, always so sane, you just know in reality he's a crazy sob. ;)

[...] but I would never dream of actually turning up on their doorstep, demanding a cup of Earl Grey!

Neither would I, never. My original wish was no more than knowing where his house is. :P I'd never annoy or disturb JW in any way, I love him way too much. :)

It's too late. He's already drawing up the restraining order.

• 1 month later...

Although I'm massively indebted to the man for the musical impact he's had on my life, I will not invade (or condone the invasion of) his privacy,

You know, it's kind of cool not to, especially if you live that near. But I must say I don't know if I would be able to resist...;)

Well...I was out for a walk a couple of weeks ago, and I ended up passing his house. I didn't dawdle or gawk one bit...just walked past...but it was still pretty cool. Definitely a nice neighborhood.

Well...I was out for a walk a couple of weeks ago, and I ended up passing his house. I didn't dawdle or gawk one bit...just walked past...but it was still pretty cool. Definitely a nice neighborhood.

So which part of LA is it? Pasadena? Just interested :)

You should be a nice neighbor and offer to cut his grass.

Or clean his house...I mean, those old paper sketches have to be thrown away at some point... :rolleyes:

If he was outside would you have gotten wobbly in the legs?

;)

:lol: Nah. Actually, I was on the phone at the time anyway, so probably the most I would have done was offer a friendly smile as I walked past and continued my conversation. I think meeting famous people is cool, and Williams would definitely be my first choice in a perfect world, but I'm not really one to get super starstruck or weird or anything.

I was on the phone at the time anyway,

The resulting 911 call from John Williams...

911 Operator "911, what is your emergency?"

John Williams "Hello? Yes I like to report a rather dreadful accident." "It occurred in front of my residence." "This young man was out for an apparent walk and was conversing on his phone when he suddenly walked into oncoming traffic as soon as he saw me stepping out my front door."