What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I have found that video game controller batteries last a really long time

Not the PS4 apparently. It's the one weakness of the system

That's why I want a 2 controller/ Niko charger set up

I orchestrated it! Glad it was released and my unbiased opinion is that the music rocks! It is for large orchestra. I didn't realize it would be released so soon but woohoo!

Cool! I've been a big fan of the game and score ever since it first came out. I didn't pick up the soundtrack album back then because ordering online and international shipping were still new, expensive and scary to me, and now it's of course long out of print. Very much hoping for a release of the new recording.

With the PS3 the game updates were automatic just going in but now it seems a manual option

Does that mean they finally no longer force me to wait for half an hour for it to update whenever I have friends over and just want to quickly play a game with them?

Did you see the documentary? It has a lot of information on the orchestral recording including video from the scoring sessions. The orchestra was fantastic!

hmm, makes sense.

Buying a second controller just to stay charged seems idiotic and wasteful to me. I've never had an issue with a single pad, I just plug it into my phone charger when I think on to. And people fret when they see they're on one bar which is pointless because one bar actually lasts for about 2-3 hours.

A full charge will last for about 10 hours, or 3 evenings of gaming.

I also have an extended USB adaptor cable to play wired if necessary, but that's used once a blue moon. £2 on eBay.

I usually just have the controller hooked up while I'm playing. It saves me the effort of constantly checking the controller's battery-life.

On an unrelated note, I've been having a blast revisiting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Like KOTOR, this series could benefit immeasurably from a new sequel on a modern engine.

Did you see the documentary? It has a lot of information on the orchestral recording including video from the scoring sessions. The orchestra was fantastic!

Haven't seen that part yet, but it's on my watch list.

Jedi Outcast made at least at the time, the best, most organic use of Williams' existing score recordings I've heard in a game.

I usually just have the controller hooked up while I'm playing. It saves me the effort of constantly checking the controller's battery-life.

Constantly checking? It notifies you when it's about to die, and even after that message it lasts a good hour.

it's just annoying to have a cable dangling from the PS3 and have to charge it every few hours. It's almost less hassle to leave it plugged in

The controller should have taken AA batteries like the xbox360one

Also about the console power on button. Is it supposed to be touch sensitive or you have to press it lightly?

IMG_1555_zpsqizkjlql.jpg

My first lap on Need For Speed 2.

Still a bit rough around the edges I'm sure, compared to the more seasoned gamers. But not bad, I'd say.

I did notice taxi's dont get out of your way when you approach them, which seems like a bug to me.

it's just annoying to have a cable dangling from the PS3 and have to charge it every few hours. It's almost less hassle to leave it plugged in

The controller should have taken AA batteries like the xbox360one

Also about the console power on button. Is it supposed to be touch sensitive or you have to press it lightly?

Dude it's not that serious. The controller lasts a good 12 hours. Adding battery support would just make it more bulky and heavier. And yes, the power and eject buttons are just touch sensitive areas, not actual buttons. I never use those, just use the PS button on the controller.

Seeing Steef's pic of the PS2 with the memory cards kinda makes me wish that was how more recent consoles still stored stuff. Had to format a PS3 hard drive once because of some operational problem, so all the game saves were wiped.

Seeing Steef's pic of the PS2 with the memory cards kinda makes me wish that was how more recent consoles still stored stuff. Had to format a PS3 hard drive once because of some operational problem, so all the game saves were wiped.

Yeah man 8MB of space is all you need!