What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

? You're doing something wrong; I've played every mission so far on Hard using matchmaking with zero issues. It's one of the most robust matchmaking systems I've ever known. 

Never understood why some people like to be boosted or accelerated through levels. I like to actually enjoy the content I've paid for. 

Most of the time it doesn't work for me and when it does I only get matched with 1 person that can't play for shit. Spent an hour trying to do one mission and had to give up because I couldn't deal with the repeated deaths. 

On 20/03/2016 at 2:06 PM, Quintus said:

No, I do not agree with the amusing but staunchly single minded ignorance of Emily Dean on the Frank Skinner breakfast show, who has otherwise expressed a keen interest in handbags and celebrity chinwagging. 

Ah, a fellow listener! Great show, it manages to be very funny even within what one would imagine are fairly stringent broadcasting restrictions between the hours of 8 - 11 am on a Saturday morning.

I listen while sipping coffee and tackling the Radio Times puzzle pages, which I s'pose is fairly middle-aged. But I'm still in my PJs while doing so, which kinda isn't. 

Yay for balance! 

Speaking of those games (probably veeeeeeeery old news..but since i seem to live under a rock regarding new games....) since 'Games for Windows Live' was closed, anyone which had a physical disc G4WL version (and maybe digital also) of Arkham Asylum and Arkhan city can enter the keycodes in steam and activate the games there. (Asylum may need you to contact WBgamesupport and ask them for a new code - giving them proof of the purchase. They gave me one in a few minutes...I had read it took days for them to answer...).

They give you the 'game of the year edition' even if you had the regular version which is very nice.

Just in case someone (like me) has the DVD in a box out there and wants to replay the game in a few years in the future and discovers that it cannot be played...

12 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Don't know why they don't include Arkham Knight at this point.

Because it's already in HD. 

10 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Speaking of those games (probably veeeeeeeery old news..but since i seem to live under a rock regarding new games....) since 'Games for Windows Live' was closed, anyone which had a physical disc G4WL version (and maybe digital also) of Arkham Asylum and Arkhan city can enter the keycodes in steam and activate the games there. (Asylum may need you to contact WBgamesupport and ask them for a new code - giving them proof of the purchase. They gave me one in a few minutes...I had read it took days for them to answer...).

They give you the 'game of the year edition' even if you had the regular version which is very nice.

Just in case someone (like me) has the DVD in a box out there and wants to replay the game in a few years in the future and discovers that it cannot be played...

I tried to enter my code from Arkham Asylum non goty DVD into Steam years ago and it did not work. It was a gift so I didn't feel very upset buying it again in a Humble Bundle to get a working Steam GOTY version. 

9 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Don't know why they don't include Arkham Knight at this point.

Because its already available for the PS4 and XBone?

5 minutes ago, Quintus said:

My order of preference for this series would be:

1. Asylum 

2. City

3. Origins 

4. Knight 

It's a brilliant series. 

So the same order they came out?  Essentially you're saying they get worse and worse every time?

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I'd say the real "decline" though was after the second game. To me Arkham City was a great and suitable sequel. The others after were still very enjoyable, but they weren't quite as focused as those first two. 

It's important to note that Origins wasn't made by Rocksteady, the likely reason why it isn't being ported over to current gen.

I've only played part of Aslyum and all of Knight and greatly enjoyed the latter. 

I just started playing Fallout 4.  I still don't see what people are complaining about with the graphics.  It may not have the ultra-detail of games like Witcher 3 but it strikes me as looking far "cleaner".  Far less aliasing and things of that nature.  It reminds me a lot of the similarly appealing look of Bioshock Infinite.  

But then again, I've only played an hour or so.

I've already done most of the base game stuff, waiting for the big expansion before I dive back in.

The past few months I've been jumping around a bit instead of focusing on a game at a time. I attempted to tackle Mad Max, played it for a few hours and generally enjoyed what was there, but The Division came along and sidetracked me. I essentially did all of the open world stuff, but the lack of any friends has prevented me from getting into the post-game loop. I imagine the Dark Zone is really fun with a full group. I tried to brave it on my own and got destroyed every time.

After that, I finished up Minecraft: Story Mode and played through The Witness. The latter is way too obtuse for my liking. Absolutely zero hand holding, which I'm sure is a big plus for some, but it's sort of frustrating to solve puzzles if you don't understand the rules of them. After a certain point I just went to look up answers and there's stuff in that game I would have never figured out on my own. As a whole it's really interesting, particularly from a development standpoint, but the content isn't enough to make a lasting impression, in my opinion. I watched a 90 minute let's play with Jonathan Blow, and getting that insight into the thought processes behind making this game was pretty cool.

More recently, I played through the PS4 port of Heavy Rain. I loved it at the time in 2010, but going back shows that it didn't age very well. Still an important and influential title, but one that is best remembered and not replayed.

Then I played The Walking Dead: Michonne, which was a nicely brief Telltale "miniseries." They really nailed the presentation on this, I think, despite the usual engine hiccups.

Now I've been switching between Black Ops III, Alienation, and a couple Vita games. Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare's trailer has been released:

They've gone full blown sci-fi, which I'm not entirely against, but with the inclusion of COD4 Remastered, I honestly will mostly likely be playing that more.

I really hope they release COD4 standalone. I've fallen out with the series for several years now but I'd love to play that again. Great game

They aren't, it's only available at the $80 level or up.

Only 10 maps are being brought back as well. Which just seems odd to me. There were 16 in the original game plus 4 with the add-on. I feel like they're gonna try to sell them later on. I mean, the assets are already there, how hard could it be to remaster 6-10 more maps? Particularly since Raven is doing the remastering solo, so it's not like Infinity Ward has to work on it in addition to Infinite Warfare. 

Oh of course I'm buying it. $80 is a fair price for both games. What irks me, though, are the countless people bitching and whining about it being a bundle exclusive and that the game is Sci-Fi, saying that the series has been trash for years. Well vote with your wallet then because either that is a massively vocal minority or they're all liars and buy the games regardless.

I honestly think the COD4 servers will be busier than Infinite Warfare's. I mean, anyone can play any of the older titles on PS3 and still find games. I actually played COD4 not too long ago and had no issues matchmaking.