What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

They'll just do unveils on YouTube instead, it's cool. 

This year is a biggie for gaming. E3 being cancelled can't get in the way of next gen system reveals.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

They'll just do unveils on YouTube instead, it's cool. 

This year is a biggie for gaming. E3 being cancelled can't get in the way of next gen system reveals.

Yeah, all the publishers will just release Nintendo-style directs and realize E3 is obsolete in terms of delivering a message to their audiences. It’s time for the trade show to die, especially after the ESA doxed thousands of journalists last year. All we really need are some nicely edited trailer reels. 

you can;t do everything from your phone. I'd rather they continue thse events , it feels more real than a you tube video

Played The Last of Us over the last few days. 

I was a little apprehensive about it because of how underwhelming I found Uncharted but damn. This game lived up to every bit of hype over the last 7 years. Pre-ordered the second before I even finished the first. 

will play through the DLC tomorrow. 

I bought Doom Eternal and love it but it's so damn hard!  I'm only on level 1 and keep getting killed at the same spot because I run out of ammo. 

DOOMEternal2.jpg

On 3/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, Bilbo said:

Played The Last of Us over the last few days. 

I was a little apprehensive about it because of how underwhelming I found Uncharted but damn. This game lived up to every bit of hype over the last 7 years. Pre-ordered the second before I even finished the first. 

will play through the DLC tomorrow. 

I’ve since finished TR2013 and started Rise of the Tomb Raider. Might have to look into buying a new game soon...

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Multiple outlets are giving that Half-Life VR game perfect scores.  I'm happy for the people who care about Half-Life!

As someone who thinks Half-Life 2 was a hollow physics playground, this game looks awesome! Not that I'll play it anytime soon.

9 hours ago, karelm said:

I bought Doom Eternal and love it but it's so damn hard!  I'm only on level 1 and keep getting killed at the same spot because I run out of ammo. 

DOOMEternal2.jpg

Chainsaw enemies to get more ammo. Also don’t stop moving! The game is designed around kinetic non-stop combat. It’s great!

8 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

As someone who thinks Half-Life 2 was a hollow physics playground, this game looks awesome! Not that I'll play it anytime soon.

I won't invest the money into the hardware needed to play this Alyx game. 

New trailer for Shantae 5, which drops May 28th, the day before The Last of Us II & Xenoblade Chronicles 1 Definitive

Graphics look great, new powerups seem cool, sounds like they reused some voicework though

Should I play Shantae 4 since so far I've only played 3?  Hmmm.

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Should I play Shantae 4 since so far I've only played 3?  Hmmm.

Ehhhh. The third one is definitely the best of the series. The fourth one is kinda fun, but it feels like they rebooted it to be able to hit a wider demographic...the cute risque of the older games is practically nonexistent, and the humor didn't really hit me at all. The game was funded through Kickstarter, and did not receive all the funding they asked for, and it shows. The game was designed in a "modular" way, so that way if they couldn't get certain levels etc. funded it wouldn't hurt some core plan. As such, things don't really feel like they progress...it's not a bad game, in the end, but I'm lukewarm about it...as I am the first two Shantae games, if we're being honest.

I bought it on Switch the same time I bought Shantae 3, so I'll probably check it out.  I doubt I'll worry about beating it before playing 5, though.

Anyone else using the quarantine to play lots and lots of videogame? I didn't had the time to game in the Pre-Coronavirus Era of the World, but since I do now, I'm playing a lot of stuff:

Destiny 

I don't know why this game was so criticized, it's great! Lots of fun to shoot aliens when you're stressed. Sure, it's repetitive, all the missions are pretty much the same, but still fun.

Star Wars: Battlefront

Also a game that was better than I expected, although people are playing just the 12 player matches. I really wanted to try the 40 player matches, but 5 years since its release, there isn't that much people still playing it.

Call of Duty: Warzone

I had a prejudice against the Battle Royale genre much because it was associated with Fortnite and tweens, but this one is cool. I'm unfortunately terrible, but I hope to get better at this genre soon.

Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order

Started it today and played the first level. I really like it, it's like a mix between Uncharted and a Souls game for the combat, with a pretty cool atmosphere and wonderful graphics. I'm sure it will be a better Star Wars experience than that abomination released on theaters last December.

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Anyone else using the quarantine to play lots and lots of videogame?

I wish I could, but my job never stopped so I just go out, mingle, and try to keep my coughing to a quiet minimum. 

I've definitely been playing more than I have in a looooonngg time, but I don't buy video games very often. I did decide to pick up F.E.A.R. on Steam since it was on sale, I decided 15 years was a long enough wait to pull the trigger.

12 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Call of Duty: Warzone

I had a prejudice against the Battle Royale genre much because it was associated with Fortnite and tweens, but this one is cool. I'm unfortunately terrible, but I hope to get better at this genre soon.

I really dislike Warzone for introducing custom classes and killstreaks into battle royale. It has a lot of potential but I think it’s pretty terrible in its current state. Blackout from a couple years ago is infinitely better, although unfortunately not free-to-play. 

That being said I still play a ton of regular multiplayer. 

On 3/23/2020 at 6:12 PM, Koray Savas said:

Chainsaw enemies to get more ammo. Also don’t stop moving! The game is designed around kinetic non-stop combat. It’s great!

It's so damn hard and you run out of gas if you only use chainsaw.  It's too hard, getting to the point where I'm giving up because I keep running out of ammo with tons of baddies ganging up on me at the same spot after trying a dozen times.  And I'm on the easiest setting! :blink:  Isn't it possible to activate the ammo cheats?

5 hours ago, karelm said:

It's so damn hard and you run out of gas if you only use chainsaw.  It's too hard, getting to the point where I'm giving up because I keep running out of ammo with tons of baddies ganging up on me at the same spot after trying a dozen times.  And I'm on the easiest setting! :blink:  Isn't it possible to activate the ammo cheats?

There are cheats in the game, but they are collectibles you have to find. They are also only able to be activated on a replay of a mission.

The chainsaw has enough fuel for about two hits. Should be enough to get you around the arena you’re in. There’s always health and ammo scattered about. You really always have to be running around. I’ve died here and there but am managing fine on normal difficulty. I primarily use the shotgun and its sticky bomb secondary fire. 

What mission are you on?

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

There are cheats in the game, but they are collectibles you have to find. They are also only able to be activated on a replay of a mission.

The chainsaw has enough fuel for about two hits. Should be enough to get you around the arena you’re in. There’s always health and ammo scattered about. You really always have to be running around. I’ve died here and there but am managing fine on normal difficulty. I primarily use the shotgun and its sticky bomb secondary fire. 

What mission are you on?

The first mission. :unsure:  I can't get past this asshole:

I get to the point where he starts glowing so I can extreme kill him but he restores before I kill him and I'm out of ammo.  The stupid shotgun only has 12 bullets so I can't horde extras that are around before.  I suck at games.

Whew, AC Odyssey finished again. 100% plus both DLC this time.

image.png

Wait... Fate of Atla... that rings some other bell...

Spoiler

image.png

Aw yeah, here we go!

Does that mean you've played Okami HD and don't recommend it, or are you just wasting my time?

It's Shark. Guess.

But to not be just as unhelpful: I remember I once found a video of it and found it really interesting, I have it on Steam, but didn't play much of it because I found the controls and UI a bit dated and clunky, or just weirdly ported at the time or just wasn't in the mood.

I watched the trailer again and was less impressed than I remembered.  I think I'll pass; My backlog mountainous right now anyway

26 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Isn't there something good and fun that this virus hasn't took out already? 

The final seasons of Schitt's Creek and Modern Family were not affected, nor the current seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Westworld, Ozark or Better Call Saul

On the video game front, Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing still made it out, and people have even received the Final Fantasy VII remake early

Video game development is still probably largely unaffected; since it involves a lot of independent work at your own computer, plus meetings that can pretty easily be done through the internet.

It's the pressing of finished games to discs and cartridges that won't be happening as planned

So I finished Bard's Tale 4 Director's Cut. Been at it  for a month (122 hours playtime).  That's the type of game you really have to be invested in

Because we've got nothing better to do now than play fucken' video games, I have a PS4. I was briefly amused by GTA, going to the strip club, beating up hookers and getting into violent altercations with law enforcement while endless helicopters descend upon me, but at this point, the system is just collecting dust. I took the remote, paired it with my phone and downloaded emulators and Crazy Taxi instead. Much better. 

So I started Dark Cloud 2 , a "classic" RPG of the PS2 from Level-5 (NinoKuni..).I usually avoid pre-HD era games, but this one has 3rd person view and great reviews. I'll play it for a little while and see if I want to finish it

Why the fuck am I reading about Animal Crossing everywhere  . I refuse to even know what it's about. Is that the new Candy Crush?