What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

If I'm forced to know so much about the anime garbage that KM likes from listening to podcasts and such, he'll be fine hearing about the gently delightful village simulator about making friends with animals.  This new Animal Crossing becoming a sensation is way more positive and hopeful than a mercenary microtransaction-laden match 3 puzzle game anyway.

So I can 'Force-slow' the floor-to-roof spinning wheel thing at the end of that train carriage in Jedi : Fallen Order, but am finding climbing further than halfway up it to get out of the hatchway in the carriage roof fucking impossible for some reason :blink: ,

Dark Cloud 2 would be a GREAT game if it had current gen graphics.

I like how JRPG used to be more complex in that era, with mechanics that made you work instead of over simplifying things. Even regular enemy encounters are hard, and you have to work with the weapon synth system to get through the game

On 4/7/2020 at 10:39 PM, Edmilson said:

Any PlayStation fans here? This is the joystick for the PS5, and yeah it'll be mostly white:

controle-ps5-foto.jpg

controle-ps5.jpg

controle-ps5-branco.jpg

I’ll probably buy one in one of the 6473648393948493 colour options they’ll eventually have. 

I guess this means the console will be white too?

Just finished Jedi: Fallen Order.

Positives:

• The thrilling story. Probably the best Star Wars adventure in almost three years.
  • The worlds, filled with interesting lore, a feast for all Star Wars fans.
  • The wonderful score by Gordy Haab and Stephen Barton, with a great performance by the LSO.
  • You'll fell like an actual Jedi, fighting with lightsabers, using the Force to push and pull your enemies, doing amazing stunts, etc.
  • The game is pretty hard, actually. The final two bosses were very challenging. You'll need to master lightsaber duel to know exactly when to defend yourself and when to counter-attack the enemy. Don't play it if you don't like complicated games.

Cons:

• A lot of bugs, some of them actually hilarious. 
  • If you fall from a cliff, you'll return from where you were before falling, but if you get killed by an enemy, you'll return to the last place where you meditated... just like in a Dark Souls game. I'm not a fan of this kind of checkpoint system.
  • And actually if you get killed, you will have to wait during a long loading screen, which doesn't happen when you simply miss a jump and falls.
  • There was loadings even during the gameplay, which is unforgivable. And I don't think the problem is with my PS4, some users and even people playing it on YouTube have gone through the same bizarre loading. This game was clearly done in a rush.
  • You don't fight just stormtroopers, but also little monsters from the planets you visit, and they aren't that interesting, just generic creatures that actually are more irritating than anything.

In general, a good game with a great story and cool, but flawed gameplay. It's a great Star Wars adventure, but could've used more time at developing to avoid these little problems. I just hope for the sequel that we actually have the opportunity to engage in dogfights with the Empire ships, lol.

4 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I really want to play this. So you don't take damage or die if you fall? In dark souls a lot of your deaths are from falling

When you fall, you go back to where you were, but you also loose some of your health. Which means that, if you get stuck in a part where you can't perform the actual series of jumps, you will loose all of your health very quickly. 

There was this time I had to jump from one cliff to a vine, then to another vine, then to safety, and it's extremely complicated as you don't have yet the Force Pull hability, so you need to jump exactly where the vine is. And since the game has so many bugs, you will fall a lot of times. It was maddening.

ah ok,a bit like Tomb Raider.  Dark Souls doesn't really have jumping sections, and it would be frustrating to die if you miss a jump

I can't see the picture .(Dark Souls 2 is my favorite Dark Souls game)

ok, finished PS2 classic Dark Cloud 2 .100 hours .Pretty fun .Might play Final Fantasy XII remaster now

Sony is letting PS4 owners download JOURNEY and UNCHARTED 1-3 for free between now and May 5th!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/14/announcing-the-play-at-home-initiative/

Direct links for you:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA00694_00-JOURNEYPS4061115

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA02320_00-UNCHARTEDTRILOGY

I am excited to finally play Journey!

Steam (PC) has been giving away a few games throughout this stay home quarantine. Shogun 2 is the first major release that catches my eye, and it will be free to play, download, and keep all week, through Friday. 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-shogun-2-giveaway-and-total-war-sale-faq/

7 hours ago, woj said:

Steam (PC) has been giving away a few games throughout this stay home quarantine. Shogun 2 is the first major release that catches my eye, and it will be free to play, download, and keep all week, through Friday. 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-shogun-2-giveaway-and-total-war-sale-faq/

Thanks for the heads up! 

2 hours ago, King Mark said:

it's not great. Lasts a few hours and not much to it

As a Dark Souls fan I would've thought you'd really enjoy the storytelling of Journey.

3 hours ago, King Mark said:

it's not great. Lasts a few hours and not much to it

This is so misguided as a response I don't even know what to say.

Journey is an incredible audiovisual experience that everyone should play. It's about 3 hours long and it's perfect that way. Saying there's "not much to it" offers zero perspective into what the game actually is or what it achieves.

well whatever. I hardly remember playing it so it didn't leave much of an impression.

One thing annoying me so far in Final Fantasy XII is the character design. It' s not by Tetsuya Nomura who did most of the series

I'm sure that game has a strong following at art house cafes

eeeh I keep logging into Black Desert for 5 minutes every day just to get the attendance reward.Now sure why I'm doing this because I'll probably never play the game seriously again. I guess it's designed to make me want to do that and I also don't like it for that reason

There are Last of Us II spoilers out there on social media. Be careful if you want to go in clean. 

Speaking of social medial, Animal Crossing is the worst thing to happen to twitter since Pokémon Go. Reminds me of the Farmville days back on Facebook. 

Got to and finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Over the first one which I adore adore adore adore, this has improved, more layered combat, skills, visuals in the exact same gorgeous time but with the addition of some well blended in 3D elements this time. General gameplay and exploration are pretty much the same (though with new systems and elements added), music and sound design are still great. Storywise, aside from some standout moments, it's pretty much more of the same, actually pretty copypasted in general shape. The villain's ending was only partially satisfactory compared to Blind Forest's one, but otherwise it's a fantastic finale. A big change I wasn't feeling as hot about early on is the addition of multiple NPCs (BF only has the narrator, Ori, and Sein the floating talking light orb companion) you can chat and trade with, or do sidequests for - but through building up the "safe haven" for them, I've grown to really like it. The Moki are written cute as hell. It had a lot fo satisfying moments when unlocking stuff, and memories of unreachable collectibles or sections I just tried and failed to pass all kicked into place, and the boss battles were intense and made you utilise your skills creatively. Also all of them have a surprising range of moves/attacks, some that I've only seen after getting close but dying twice already, it adds a lot of variation to it. However, I had no instant classic sticking moments like from the first one:

Spoiler

Climbing up the Ginso Tree to great sound design, getting the signature ability, Bash, being confronted with an unrelenting tough timed race section that kicked you in the ass over and over for hours over days, in the process getting the usage of Bash to become as second nature as "Y to jump", then when it's finally done and the waters run free, a big confrontation with the villain as a cutscene, then... after hours of lovely but murky and dark views, you fall into the pools with the cleansed waters, everything's natural green and blue, there are still enemies and spikes but relaxing easy music is playing and you're rejuvenated and rewarded after getting through that hellish section where many players have given the game up completely.

For now I wholeheartedly recommend that everyone even slightly interested play the first game, it's fantastic. Then a couple months or years later when the craving comes, replay it. Then when it comes again, continue with this one. It may be too much of the same to play right after, and that opening hits you right in the wholesome when you've spent some time away from the first but know it well enough not to have forgotten it. Also after installing I just sat in the main menu for 5 minutes listening to the new lovely redition of the main theme!

I recently played the demo of the first game and fell in love with it and will be buying and playing the first game for Switch soon.  I have no intention of buying a Microsoft console tho so dunno how I'll play the sequel

8 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Speaking of social medial, Animal Crossing is the worst thing to happen to twitter since Pokémon Go. Reminds me of the Farmville days back on Facebook. 

yes, I already hate that game even if I don't know what it's about. Every second news headline in gaming sites is about that stupid game

I'm guessing it's that the masses of casuals play now

There's no side-quest log in Final Fantasy XII, so you have to write all that stuff on a piece of paper

But the game is good, a lot better than FFXV, and doesn't feel like PS2

These are the currently released games on my list to play before I even consider PS5

Sekiro

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Legend of Heroes, trails of Cold steel 2 and 3

Outer worlds

Crystar

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Borderlands 3

Death Stranding

Atelier Lulua

Atelier Ryza

Trials of Mana

Ashen

Final Fantasy VII remake

Shining Resonance Refrain

Far Cry5

Assassin's Creed Origin 

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Hyperdimention neptunia :4 Godesses Online

Greedfall

Plus so many announced titles I lost track of them all

should take me about 2 years

After abandoning it once before 3 came out, I now finished the whole Banner Saga and loved it. The art is gorgeously appealing, the combat fun, the characters interesting, the Oregon Trail caravan management and choices tense. I could have used a couple more epilogue bits to explore what happens to the world, peoples and characters after the end, even if I know it would've been a mammoth task to account for all endings, choices, main character, still alive characters, but most of it is text form anyway, no expensive predrawn animations or anything necessary technically.

It was really weird seeing my name in the credits.

Just now, Holko said:

After abandoning it once before 3 came out, I now finished the whole Banner Saga and loved it. The art is gorgeously appealing, the combat fun, the characters interesting, the Oregon Trail caravan management and choices tense. I could have used a couple more epilogue bits to explore what happens to the world, peoples and characters after the end, even if I know it would've been a mammoth task to account for all endings, choices, main character, still alive characters, but most of it is text form anyway, no expensive predrawn animations or anything necessary technically.

It was really weird seeing my name in the credits.

Any thoughts on Wintory's score?

With the the world being the way it is, I’ve had a lot more time for games, so I’ve been going through my backlog a bit.

Since mid-April I’ve played a ton of Fallout 76. The Wastelanders DLC has made it more like a traditional Fallout game, and with 18 months of other quality of life updates it’s become quite enjoyable. It’s still riddled with bugs though, and crashes on the regular, in typical Bethesda fashion. I sincerely hope they get out of their vacuum and develop a quality game in Starfield for next gen. It’s inexcusable these days for a game to be so broken.

I played and completed Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered.

Now, I’m on Titanfall 2, a game which I only played a little of at launch. It’s quite fun, which is a shame since EA fucked the franchise over so badly. Hopefully the success of Apex Legends gives it new life in the future. 

Played and finished Control. Remedy's fascination with Twin Peaks and Black Lodge type shit continues in this slightly overrated but still compelling action adventure. I played it to completion so I must have liked it; seldom does a single player campaign hold my attention all the way to the end these days. The metrovania-lite depths of The Oldest House are more fun to explore and traverse than the samey office decor would suggest - helped in no small degree by some of the cleanest and most authentic art design I've seen in a while. Good game, 7.5 out of 10.

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Played and finished Control. Remedy's fascination with Twin Peaks and Black Lodge type shit continues in this slightly overrated but still compelling action adventure. I played it to completion so I must have liked it; seldom does a single player campaign hold my attention all the way to the end these days. The metrovania-lite depths of The Oldest House are more fun to explore and traverse than the samey office decor would suggest - helped in no small degree by some of the cleanest and most authentic art design I've seen in a while. Good game, 7.5 out of 10.

Never heard of it, sounds cool!

49 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Unreal Engine V running on PS5:

I was never a fan of UE 4, but holy hot damn what an improvement!