What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

7 hours ago, Quintus said:

Played and finished Control. Remedy's fascination with Twin Peaks and Black Lodge type shit continues in this slightly overrated but still compelling action adventure. I played it to completion so I must have liked it; seldom does a single player campaign hold my attention all the way to the end these days. The metrovania-lite depths of The Oldest House are more fun to explore and traverse than the samey office decor would suggest - helped in no small degree by some of the cleanest and most authentic art design I've seen in a while. Good game, 7.5 out of 10.

I had some trouble finding my way around generally, but the combat and art direction are great. I need to go back and beat one final side boss that I could not defeat at the time. It drove me insane and I eventually gave up and moved on, but with the DLC now out I’ll try and return to it at some point. 

23 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

a traditional Fallout game

You would not like to play a traditional Fallout game. You do, however, like Oblivion with guns. 

12 minutes ago, woj said:

You would not like to play a traditional Fallout game. You do, however, like Oblivion with guns. 

There are now more Fallout games in the western RPG style than the isometric first two, so I’d call that the traditional.

It’d be like saying GTA V is not a traditional Grand Theft Auto game cause the first two were top down. 

I think I own that in one of the HumbleBundles I've picked up. I definitely own the entire Fallout franchise for PC. 

Except 4 and 76. Fuck those. 

I'm kind of  burned out from Fallout after 4. Especially the drab wasteland setting  which hasn't been very different since Fallout 3

yeah bit it's pretty much exactly the same gameplay on all those games

Anyways loving Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age. It's really open ended and you can explore a lot of the map early. It's  fun trying to beat those challenging areas and optional bosses  and finding secret stuff when your kind of under leveled .You really have to tweak the Gambit system .Looks really good on the PS4 too

• 2 weeks later...

If you wanted to dabble in the predominantly multiplayer component, it's completely accessible against AI bots only, should you be curious. 

20 hours ago, King Mark said:

Battlefront 2 is free this month. might try it for the single player campaign

It’s a pretty lackluster campaign. 

I played and finished Mafia II: Definitive Edition. Now I’m on to replaying Mafia III since I never played the DLC for it. 

I just replayed the first one a couple months before the announcement, now I'm scared for the remaster, wondering if it can live up to the atmosphere and direction of the original.

6 hours ago, Holko said:

I just replayed the first one a couple months before the remaster announcement, now I'm scared for it, wondering if it can live up to the atmosphere and direction of it.

I never played the first, so I’m really excited for the remake. Big fan of the sequel from back in the day. I like III a lot but the open world drags the game down. The story beats and “boss” levels are fantastic, I wish It was a linear game. 

Finally got around to buying RDR2.

How big a download am I expecting when I pop the disc in for the first time?

‪90 GBs from 2 discs followed by another 17.3 GBs in updates!!!‬

The updates are the size of a bloody game! This thing must be huge!

Finished Bloodborne yesterday. I prefer the original Dark Souls trilogy for the gameplay, Bloodborne is pretty hard even for players that already played a From Software game before.

But about the narrative and the lore, this is my favorite by far. It's the greatest H.P. Lovecraft adaptation for any medium. 

So, if you like a challenging game with a haunting, sinister lore behind inspired by Lovecraft, you'd love this game.

Bloodborne - Moon Presence - SOLO, NO DAMAGE (NG+7) - YouTube

Next: Sekiro.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:14 PM, Bilbo said:

‪90 GBs from 2 discs followed by another 17.3 GBs in updates!!!‬

The updates are the size of a bloody game! This thing must be huge!

Still downloading? ;)

8 hours ago, The River (Fal) said:

Still downloading? ;)

No I’ve been playing since last Thursday. Love it. Great game. Very seamless between the main missions and just wandering around doing your own thing. 

16 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Finished Bloodborne yesterday. I prefer the original Dark Souls trilogy for the gameplay, Bloodborne is pretty hard even for players that already played a From Software game before.

But about the narrative and the lore, this is my favorite by far. It's the greatest H.P. Lovecraft adaptation for any medium. 

It's nightmarishly brilliant isn't it. Such an atmospheric world to inhabit, but then so are all the From Software gaming universe.

I won't play the samurai game though. I think it'll be beyond my patience level (and probably my skill limit).

I'm worried Sekiro  will be too hard because it revolves around parrying and I hate that mechanic in all action games. I was never able to parry a single enemy in all the Dark Souls series or Bloodborne. I was supposed to play it but national  library is closed because of covid

And  I prefer the high fantasy setting of Dark Souls than Victorian gothic Bloodborne. Dark Souls 2 is my favorite

About 100 hours into Final Fantasy XII and  I still have a lot of the story left

I've been playing Sekiro since three days ago. It's not exactly easy to master its combat mechanics, so it has to be played with a lot of patience. But it also has some elements of platforming, something I missed on the other From Software games.

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

I don't think I'm too keen on the design of the PS5. It looks like an Alienware PC tower.

well, what annoys me is that it's vertical only and I can't put it on my TV stand

2 hours ago, King Mark said:

well, what annoys me is that it's vertical only and I can't put it on my TV stand

Neither of the two new consoles are vertical only. Sony has always advertised the PlayStation with a vertical stand since PS2.

4 hours ago, Edmilson said:

This is great! I loved the first Spidey game, and wasn't expecting a sequel so soon!

I don’t think this is a proper sequel. More like a companion expansion like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Infamous: First Light. 

12 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I don’t think this is a proper sequel. More like a companion expansion like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Infamous: First Light. 

Yeah, you're probably right. Just two years is short time for them to produce and release an entire AAA game of that scale.

I liked the first Spider-Man game but I’ve no interest in any Spider-Man that isn’t Peter Parker. It’s something I hate about Marvel, they keep changing who is the hero. Jane Foster isn’t Thor and Steve Rodgers is Captain America. It’s silly and not for me. 

But I’ll get a PS5 at launch provided it isn’t more than €500.

and it is capable of being left horizontally. 

A5578164-1484-445E-B1DA-0EA1E2760445.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I liked the first Spider-Man game but I’ve no interest in any Spider-Man that isn’t Peter Parker. It’s something I hate about Marvel, they keep changing who is the hero.

A5578164-1484-445E-B1DA-0EA1E2760445.jpeg

DC also does it with their characters (Batman, Flash etc.).

1 hour ago, The River (Fal) said:

DC also does it with their characters (Batman, Flash etc.).

And I don’t like them doing it either but I never really cared for DC really. 

Apparently isn’t only an add on to a PS5 remaster of the PS4 game and not a game in its own right. 

I'm out of the loop.  Why is Rockstar releasing a port of GTA5 for PS5 and XB4 in 2021 instead of having a GTA6?

Does it take more than 8 years to make one of these games now?

Or is it just a case of "well, people are continuing to buy GTA 5 every year, so why release GTA6 while GTA5 is still making money"?

l9hldwd48h451.jpg?width=700&auto=webp&s=

i60ezp3zwc451.png?width=621&auto=webp&s=

o0aeyg2g6h451.png?width=444&auto=webp&s=

So, question for you JWFanners that have played The Last Of Us.  Are you excited for the sequel, or do you feel the original game told a complete story and they should have never made a sequel to it?  Answer without spoilers please.  Thank you :)

ruic98ahdg451.jpg

One of the best games ever made, but some prick on Facebook spoiled a major plot point for me when the TLOU2 storyline leaked online about a month ago, so now I'm just going to wait for the sequel to be discounted before eventually picking it up.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

So, question for you JWFanners that have played The Last Of Us.  Are you excited for the sequel, or do you feel the original game told a complete story and they should have never made a sequel to it?  Answer without spoilers please.  Thank you :)

ruic98ahdg451.jpg

It’s one of the greatest pieces of media I’ve ever consumed but I’m a bit iffy on some of the spoiled story directions from the sequel so I think I might hang on for a bit and see what general players make of it.

Fuck it, the reviews are too positive, pre-ordered.