Quintus

Video Game Thread II

Finished the Modern Warfare campaign the other night. They took obvious inspiration from Sicario on this one. Tension you can cut with a knife. Some pretty heavy gameplay moments that left me taking breaks. A first for a game, for me. I think they handled the grounded tone quite well. 

Modern Warfare 2 and 3 fit that bill more with their optional missions like “No Russian.” This is consistent in its tone and gameplay. Tactical missions like Clean House and The Wolf’s Den are on the level of All Ghillied Up, for me. One of the best FPS campaigns of the generation, for sure. 

Holy cow the final DLCs for Shovel Knight are finally coming December 10th

https://yachtclubgames.com/2019/11/final-release-date-for-all-things-shovel-knight-treasure-trove/

Hopefully in 2020 we can an idea of what Yacht Club's actual next fully new game will be!

From everything I have read, all the DLC followups that came out after the main game are better than it was

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I lost interest in Shovel Knight literally 5 years ago, never quite finished it.  It's pretty overrated as a game, but the soundtrack is awesome.

As someone who has a lot of disdain for nostalgia media "love letters" and "homages", I _love_ Shovel Knight. It's an incredibly tight feeling platformer, with very crisp and responsive controls. Combine that with the moveset and the layout of the levels, you have an almost unparalleled sense of flow. Never once when I died did I feel like it was the game's fault, and it offered a great balance of challenge and mercy.

Of course as you mentioned, Kaufman smacked it out of the hockey stadium, and the plot is surprisingly emotional in a silly and cartoony kind of way. 

I'm not too familiar with the DLC because like you I checked out after a while.

I made a character and started a bit of the game for Black Desert MMORPG

Was expecting complex registration  thing but you just make you character, agree to a few user agreement things (didn't read) and voila your in the game  (PS4).

I like that's it's very 3rd person "souls like" real time action style and not like what I saw of Final Fantasy XIV on You Tube. So far it controls well, looks good and seems to perform well,went from level one to 8 in a few minutes killing bugs and foxes near the opening camp .I'm guessing the rest of the grind will be long .there's was a free "pet" right now ..I read you need those. I still have a  lot to figure out since I never played one of these games before

You also get tokens to buy stuff in game just by logging in every day