• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quintus

• Koray Savas

• King Mark

• Jay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can recommend Wing Commander III with Mark Hamill and John Rhys-Davies and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight with...   this lovely gang. 

The Last Of Us   My first PS4 game!     Prologue   I was hooked right away.  I loved the way the opening cinematic bled right into the start of gameplay inperce

I killed a headcrab with a chair leg last night. The first blow smashed the chair to pieces on the zombie body, so I grabbed a leg and cleaved the crab into the ground. 

Sometimes I got to be careful not to knock the clock off our mantelpiece. 

It sure is! And I still remember how wowed I was by the original game when I first saw it activated on a PC at the electronics shop back in early 1999. At the time, I was only familiar with traditional sidescrollers on the old consoles, so a more realistic and interactive 3D environment was very novel and exciting to me. My parents bought the latest and greatest Compaq PC available at the time, and the store threw in the game as a freebie.

It's a shame that FF legend Hironubu Sakaguchi is stuck in the past and making useless games

Fantasian. "we wanted to re-create the feel of RPG's of the PS One era with pre-rendered backgrouds.." 

I instantly stopped reading and forever puts that game in the never play list

But I guess the PSOne nostalgia crowd will be happy.

20 hours ago, King Mark said:

It's a shame that FF legend Hironubu Sakaguchi is stuck in the past and making useless games

Fantasian. "we wanted to re-create the feel of RPG's of the PS One era with pre-rendered backgrouds.." 

I instantly stopped reading and forever puts that game in the never play list

But I guess the PSOne nostalgia crowd will be happy.

The game is actually meant to be a project to take him back to Final Fantasy VI, which was on the SNES, not PS1. It also happens to be one of the greatest games of all time, so if he can his collaborators can get back to that inspiration, that's the opposite of useless. 

E3 2021 will take place June 12th-15th this year as a free, “reimagined, all-virtual” event, the Entertainment Software Association announced today. Organizers announced that the lineup includes companies such as Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, and Warner Bros. Games. Sony is notably missing from that list so far.

E3, gaming’s biggest annual conference in North America, typically takes place in downtown LA every June and attracts a mix of developers, press, and consumers. Last year’s event was canceled in April due to COVID-19. In its absence, Geoff Keighley launched Summer Game Fest in partnership with many developers to deliver game reveals and news; the digital event is also returning this June.

E3 is expected to resume in person next summer.

ESA president and CEO Stanley Pierre-Louis says the organization is “evolving this year’s E3 into a more inclusive event” that will still include game reveals and news. The organization confirmed in February that it would hold an online event only this year.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/6/22368617/e3-2021-virtual-event-digital-microsoft-nintendo

Also

Nintendo, Xbox and Ubisoft back digital-only E3 2021 But PlayStation and EA remain absent

There aren't any legitimate concerns.  Wokes are going after how fictional races (orcs and other enemies) are depicted  in videogames and movies, that's where were at in 2021. 

I'm not sure what you mean about spyware .I'm playing on the PS4 and there's no spyware

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

They cancelled Days Gone sequels (upsetting a legion of fans in the process) and decided to recycle exhaustingly done to death old content instead, how ambitious of Sony. Dead boring.

The Bloomberg article is really enlightening. What the hell is Jim Ryan cultivating at Sony?

Explains why there was a mass exodus of top tier developer talent from multiple studios over the last year, particularly at Bend. Can’t believe they tried to delegate them to a support studio for Naughty Dog. 

Sony had completely lost me by the very tail end of PS3. I was one of the original idiots who bought a PS3 over an Xbox 360 at the time and loved it, and as soon as they did that brand pivot and the Playstation brand became more Americanized, they stopped making all the quirky and fun and imaginative games. PS4 AAA games were almost all third person action games. They didn't even bother to put out a proper Gran Turismo and now just flat out closes Japan Studio which was the last holdover from when games were fun on Playstation.

I hope this is an opportunity for Xbox. Sony needs their feet held to the fire. 

Also, Days Gone was awful. It didn't need a sequel. We definitely need a third version of The Last Of Us though. Nobody played it the first two times.

I completely disagree. The PS4 was a superb generation of gaming, and was peak Sony.

Days Gone is not perfect, but is seriously underrated. Bend is a legacy team that got the short stick for much of their existence. They finally got a shot at a stand-alone AAA title, and Sony immediately tried to take that away from them. Sony did no favors to Days Gone by releasing review copies that weren’t patched and largely broken. The game was perfectly playable at launch, which is not what the reviewers got to play. 

A sequel could have been turned around much quicker and much more refined, since the assets are already there. The horde mechanic is a blast, but was unfortunately locked away to the endgame. 

10 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I completely disagree. The PS4 was a superb generation of gaming, and was peak Sony.

Agreed. Sony fucked up with the PS3 but got back on track by the end of the generation. PS4 was just knock out after knock out. 

This move is potentially a misstep but I’ll wait and see where it goes first. 

I didn't play Days Gone, but I read a lot of good and bad about it. Mixed reception, then (although seeming unanimity in regard to its strong second half). But mixed reaction is much more of an incentive for me to try something than boring old "universal praise", so I'm planning on getting it for PC later this year.

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

I didn't play Days Gone, but I read a lot of good and bad about it. Mixed reception, then (although seeming unanimity in regard to its strong second half). But mixed reaction is much more of an incentive for me to try something than boring old "universal praise", so I'm planning on getting it for PC later this year.

It’s free on PS+ this month if you still have the subscription.