What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I got Dragon Age Inquisition for PS4...but no PS4 yet . I guess I'm forced to buy one soon. I don't like all this hacking of gaming networks going on. From what I read I can get the console and game updates and patches for the PS4 without registering for PSN (like I do for PS3) .Fuck PSN if my info isn't safe but I'll want a DLC eventually so I'll have to register at some point

I also bought Kingdom Hearts 2 HD on boxing day

If you're super paranoid, can't you just buy a debit card from a credit card company that you manually load using cash or a check, and you link that to your PSN account?

Or just buy PSN cards, which is what I thought he's been doing ever since the big hack a few years ago.

yeah,I'll go with PSN cards for sure

Right now I'm waiting for a PS4 bundle with a game I want to play. My friend got the one with Far Cry 4 so I'll go check his console soon

Can't you just return any bundled game in its box for store credit, and buy what you want? Or is it set up stupid, like pre-installed or it's just the code that isn't returnable?

Not sure if they come with physical copies

I have a line up of about 5 games to finish on the PS3 first anyways, but I've run out of new titles to buy on the old gen (except Tales of Zestria next year)

Anyways I'd need a receipt for the game itself, or get ripped off trading it at EBgames

Although Wallmart once accepted refunding a wrapped game without a receipt once

Anyways I'd need a receipt for the game itself, or get ripped off trading it at EBgames

Although Wallmart once accepted refunding a wrapped game without a receipt once

Or you could just sell it, which is what I did with the copy of Destiny that came with my white PS4. $40 for a game I didn't pay for sounds good to me.

Got a PS4 for Christmas and was finally able to log into PSN today. I really hope Sony learns from this and beefs up their preventative measures because over three days down is just unacceptable. It's worth mentioning that what happened wasn't actually a hack. It's what's called a DDOS attack that's meant to flood the servers so much that they go down. That combined with the Christmas traffic is what caused the outage.

I hate when DDOS attacks pummel the Steam servers and prevent me from logging into offline mode to play my single player games without being connected to a server.

Man you are right about that. Christmas is ruined.

Got a PS4 for Christmas and was finally able to log into PSN today. I really hope Sony learns from this and beefs up their preventative measures because over three days down is just unacceptable. It's worth mentioning that what happened wasn't actually a hack. It's what's called a DDOS attack that's meant to flood the servers so much that they go down. That combined with the Christmas traffic is what caused the outage.

Sony still hasn't realized that they need to up their game now that they're charging $50 a year for their online connectivity. Microsoft resolved their outage much faster, and in the end it's all about communication. Tell your consumer what's happening, throw 'em a cheap freebie, and everyone is happy. It's really simple.

$50 a year???

Yep, it's their PlayStation Plus service. On PS3, it was an optional subscription that netted you cloud storage, free games on a monthly basis, demos, game trials, discounts, etc. Now on PS4 it is required to play games online. A fantastic deal that completely crushed Microsoft's LIVE service which charged you the same price for you to access your own internet connection with no added benefits. The problem now is that Sony's online service still has the same amount of down time and maintenance periods that should not happen with a paid service.

$50 a year???

Yep, it's their PlayStation Plus service. On PS3, it was an optional subscription that netted you cloud storage, free games on a monthly basis, demos, game trials, discounts, etc. Now on PS4 it is required to play games online. A fantastic deal that completely crushed Microsoft's LIVE service which charged you the same price for you to access your own internet connection with no added benefits. The problem now is that Sony's online service still has the same amount of down time and maintenance periods that should not happen with a paid service.

Honestly, I'd take a paid Xbox Live with no added benefits (although they do throw games in with it now) over PlayStation Plus EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

PSN on PS4 is fucking horrible and in no way is it worth £40 a year. If an ISP had the same amount of downtime and sheer unreliability they would go out of business, it's that simple.

Xbox Live is in another league. I miss it.

It is quite good if you like your shooters, but I didn't feel compelled enough by the gameplay to finish it. At the end of the day it was a game I've played hundreds of times before.

$50 a year???

Honestly, I'd take a paid Xbox Live with no added benefits (although they do throw games in with it now) over PlayStation Plus EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

PSN on PS4 is fucking horrible and in no way is it worth £40 a year. If an ISP had the same amount of downtime and sheer unreliability they would go out of business, it's that simple.

Xbox Live is in another league. I miss it.

Yeah it's unacceptable. But I've been a Plus member since before they made it required on PS4, so the shoddy network comes with the territory in my case. The games you get for free are often fantastic.

I just want them to provide a highly secure and stable service for online gaming. The add-ons at the moment are a bonus, the PSN+ games for me do not lessen the impact of the huge incompetent downsides.

Yeah I know, it's something I hope they get together soon.

I bought The Wolf Among Us for PS4 and Freedom Wars for my Vita. A couple weeks ago I got Valiant Hearts: The Great War on sale from the PS Store. That was a neat little side-scroller that ended up being quite moving in the end. It was a bit too gamey for my tastes though. They nailed the tone of it flawlessly, but then you'd have these silly little boss fights that made no sense for that tone. Not to mention the "There are over 100 collectibles in the game! Can you find them all?" banner that scrolls across the main menu. They should have made it a one and done gameplay experience.

22 years later, I'm still trying to beat Star Wars for Game Boy.

Early Star Wars games have clunky controls, that's why you can't beat them

Never got passed the 5th or 6th mission in Rogue Squadron. I never got far in Shadows of the Empire

Heck I had problems beating missions in Battlefront 2 which is the last one I played (to try to record the music)

I still hear certain sections from Empire and Jedi that weren't in the Anthology set but were on the SE sets, and I think of Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight, where it holds the strongest nostalgic bond for me.

Not weird at all! I didn't get the SE sets until I was in undergraduate, around 1999 or 2000. I had just received the Anthology set, then $60, for Christmas of 1995, and I was on very limited income. I was not going to buy something or ask my parents to buy something that would make my $60 gift effectively obsolete. It wouldn't have been, but we didn't think like that back then.

I don't think I got Jedi Knight until 1998 or 1999 anyways.

22 years later, I'm still trying to beat Star Wars for Game Boy.

Early Star Wars games have clunky controls, that's why you can't beat them

Never got passed the 5th or 6th mission in Rogue Squadron. I never got far in Shadows of the Empire

Heck I had problems beating missions in Battlefront 2 which is the last one I played (to try to record the music)

The first Rogue Squadron is brutally difficult. Shadows is one of my favorite games of all time. As for Battlefront 2, I didn't like it at all, although I enjoyed the original. It was an unplayable clusterfuck.

Alien Isolation is pretty much one of the most faithful games based on a film. I'd love to see a story DLC that improves the rushed ending we get in the main game. But it smells of sequel, so that's good. :drool:

Oh and I forgot to mention this but Ubi$oft blocked the activation code for Far Cry 4 on Uplay (PC). I bought it on one of those cheap-ish digital key-stores that sells for about 2/3 or even half of the retail price found on the official store and apparently the company decided they wanted people to pay full price for the game so they banned my key (and many others' as well) without any sort of warning. I've gotten my money back from the seller, so I didn't lose anything. Apart from my ability to continue playing. I guess I'll get it again when it's on sale.