What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I hope this one isn't a major downgrade from the original(s) like some of these other so called "HD remasters":.

Huh? Which HD remasters have been "major downgrade"s?

Doesn't matter, one big first party release for 'holiday season' isn't good enough.

I can't believe that's Sony's big triple-A exclusive this Christmas. Lame.

I haven't played it so it's new to me! :P

I hope this one isn't a major downgrade from the original(s) like some of these other so called "HD remasters":.

Quite the opposite: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection

When has an HD remaster ever been a downgrade?

Bluepoint did all the work on this one, so it's sure to be excellent.

Silent Hill HD Collection... much worse than the originals, so I've read.

Bluepoint is the best remaster-team, also the only one I know of.

Games they improved:

2006 Blast Factor Shooter PlayStation 3
2009 God of War Collection Action-adventure PlayStation 3
2011 The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection Action-adventure PlayStation 3
2011 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Stealth, Action PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
2012 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Fighting, Action PlayStation Vita
2013 Flower Adventure game PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
2014 Titanfall Shooter Xbox 360
2015 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Action-adventure PlayStation 4
2016 Gravity Rush Remastered Action-adventure PlayStation 4

I'm slowly building a list of reasons to buy a PS4

-Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

-Uncharted 4

-The Last Of Us Remastered

-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

-Final Fantasy 7 HD

-Final Fantasy 15

-The Last Guardian

Hmmm

I'll probably get a Wii U first. Mario Maker looks amazing, and I need to play Mario 3D World, New SMBU, and Zelda 19

That's why it'll likely be years until I have a PS4 :P

We'll see!

For now, my backlog of games I own but haven't played yet is enormous...

That's why it'll likely be years until I have a PS4 :P

We'll see!

For now, my backlog of games I own but haven't played yet is enormous...

Don't worry, by the time the PS5 is out they'll release the Naughty Dog Ultra-HD Collection, containing Uncharted 1-2-3-4-5-6 and The Last of Us 1-2-3.

You're like that too? I can never occupy myself with just one game any given time. I need variety.

The problem is, that some of these games I keep playing are just immense...

Ideally I'd like to be playing 3 or so at a time (a platformer, an RPG, and something else) to have something ready for the particular mood I'm in, but some of the ones I got into didn't hold my interest enough to want to finish before starting something else.

I'm slowly building a list of reasons to buy a PS4

-Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

-Uncharted 4

-The Last Of Us Remastered

-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

-Final Fantasy 7 HD

-Final Fantasy 15

-The Last Guardian

Hmmm

grimfandangorelease.jpg

Good one!

I'd probably play that on my desktop PC, though. Hmmm, maybe not. I dunno.

Well, I just pulled a trigger on a Wii U. Deal popped up for $260 32GB model, free shipping, no tax, with Super Mario 3D World + Nintendo Land included.

Now I'll be pissed if there's a $199.99 Black Friday / Holiday deal :P

I'd probably play that on my desktop PC, though. Hmmm, maybe not. I dunno.

Considering that the original already used tank controls, I imagine it should play fine on the PS4. I was tempted by the console version, but ultimately bought the Linux version, if only to support Linux versions of games being made. Haven't actually started playing it yet.

The PS4 version doesn't have tank controls! Well it does, but that's if you want to play old school.

Yes, I think there's a new control scheme (haven't read up on it though, so I don't know what sort) and the classic tank controls. But it seems to me that the tank controls would make sense on the PS4.

(There also was a non relative version of the tank controls - you press left, the character moves left on the screen regardless of where he's facing - but after some getting used to tank mode, the absolute version didn't make much sense to me)

Picked up playing Shadows of Mordor again. It's fun enough but the atrocious story (with the most bullshit-cliched video game plot around, the "you killed my family so now I kill you" plot), the repetitive nature of the gameplay, and the relatively monochromatic and dingy world reduces this to an occasional 15-30 minute play a couple of times a year (not taking into account future years).

I might also try to navigate the lumbering labyrinth that is Dragon Age: Inquisition again sometime soon too.

KOTOR 3 can't come soon enough...

Also, are there any mods for the PC version of Arkham City that play a humorous high-pitched scream whenever Batman falls into the water? If so, can whoever knows send me a link?

Started The Last of Us today. I like it, feels more gentle and character-driven than most games. I feel invested.

Karol

Fantastic game with novel-quality character development (and great voice acting), better than many films. It's on par with Telltale's The Walking Dead series, in my opinion.

Still a rumor considering anyone can photoshop a picture together! Doesn't make sense to advertise it for the Uncharted bundle, considering it comes out in 5 days. When would it be announced? Tomorrow?

Sony's sales are so strong I don't see why they would cut the price so early into the console's life cycle. But considering they're cutting it in Japan, where sales aren't as strong, it could be possible as a countermeasure for having no games this holiday season.

Started The Last of Us today. I like it, feels more gentle and character-driven than most games. I feel invested.

Karol

Fantastic game with novel-quality character development (and great voice acting), better than many films. It's on par with Telltale's The Walking Dead series, in my opinion.

Gustavo Santaolalla's score is very effective.

Karol

Karol

Gustavo Santaolalla's score is very effective.

Karol

It is, sadly.