What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Been playing this for the past week (Fallout 4 on hold again) .It's an RPG that felt more like a 3D fighting game. There's no gameworld to explore (except the overworld map) , just small areas where you do battles to advance the story. Some of it was fairly challenging

THe Seven Deadly Sins,Knights of Britannia

On 8/22/2018 at 5:19 PM, Jay said:

You found the remake to be archaic?

Yeah. It’s still a game from 2005, just with beefed up graphics and some gameplay tweaks. It’s very stiff in its execution and storytelling. 

With Guacamelee 2 out, I’m going back to finally beat the first game from several years ago. Trying to do it on Hard, I’m get my ass kicked by the third boss.

Also making my way through Batman: The Enemy Within. 

It’s a Telltale game. They really haven’t made much progress over the past 10 years but I find the games enjoyable in a relaxed-pass the time sort of way.

I enjoy their take on Batman in that they take liberty with the IP and subvert expectations. It’s still very much inspired by Nolan and the Arkham games in terms of aesthetic, but Bane, for instance, is a Luchador. 

Anyone else prefer Banjo-Tooie to Kazooie? 

I considered making that another "anyone else" thread, but I already did the TCM2 thing and I feel I should only be allowed one of those kind of threads. 

Xbox Game Pass has an offer on whereby new customers get two months access for £2, so I took them up on it purely so I can play Gears of War 4 on PC. I've always been a fan of its multiplayer, but I wasn't paying 50 quid via the Windows store for something which I couldn't be certain ran well or had an active online population. Turns out it is remarkably well optimised and cross platform play (with Xbox) means I'm finding matches very quickly, so yay. Absolutely loving it, the gunplay and movement in Gears PvP was always so brutal and hardcore and I'm glad to see they haven't dumbed it down all these years later.

3 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Anyone else prefer Banjo-Tooie to Kazooie? 

I considered making that another "anyone else" thread, but I already did the TCM2 thing and I feel I should only be allowed one of those kind of threads. 

No! Make as many as you please.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:02 PM, Nick Parker said:

Can you add me to the list? I still don't have one.

Shame on you, Nick.  Shame on you.

I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

I read an Urban Dictionary entry to understand this, but all I understand is that this apparently is a Donnie Darko reference.

2 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

I read an Urban Dictionary entry to understand this, but all I understand is that this apparently is a Donnie Darko reference.

I just read that entry and it's not what I mean when I use it.  And yeah it's a very memorable line from Donnie Darko.

I use it within super niche fanbases to indicate that someone isn't as committed to being a fan of the thing as they act like, strictly in a humorous way of course.

Like if someone is on JWFan a lot and reveals they don't own ET in any format or something.  I'd doubt their commitment to Sparkle Motion!

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Like if someone is on JWFan a lot and reveals they don't own ET in any format or something.

Whew, I'm safe since December.

7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

use it within super niche fanbases to indicate that someone isn't as committed to being a fan of the thing as they act like,

How dare you question my commitment!? I sweat blood for Nintendo, I--I endured;--this!

How dare you.

And in case it wasn't clear, I always mean it ironically.  Like I'm making fun of the idea of fanbase gatekeepers or things you have to do to be a "true fan" of something.

2 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

How dare you question my commitment!? I sweat blood for Nintendo, I--I endured;--this!

How dare you.

Captain Toad's sounds are adorable you monster!

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Captain Toad's sounds are adorable you monster!

I was an idealistic employee...full of optimism, of eagerness...other crewmates would put in headphones and listen to Pandora...I wanted to be a good little employee, and always listen to the game audio, on the lookout for my peeps at Treehouse...I always listened to the game audio...always...

...I wanted to be a good little employee..........I was full of optimism, and eagerness...................

I wish I could get behind the Sonic Mania love, but even upon revisiting, I find it's less a "true Sonic 4" and more a "Sonic 'best of' show". Fun, but not much reason to delve into it when it's time better spent with the original Genesis games, which are vastly better designed and structured. And, ya know, aren't mostly re-used levels.

13 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I wish I could get behind the Sonic mania, but even upon revisiting, I find it's less a "true classic series" and more a "90's nostalgia show".  Somewhat fun, but not much reason to delve into it when it's time better spent with the Mario games, which are vastly better designed and structured. And, ya know, aren't mostly labyrinthine levels that punish you for attempting to utilize the speed that the games ostensibly wants you to gain.

Sev, I disagree with a lot of your gaming predilections, but you're spot-on, here.