GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

peeno noir, jaqen h'ghar

Never forget, your teeth are outside-bones!

Now this is the kind of Game of Thrones discussion that I can really get behind!

And yet none of you responded to my post about Kimmy Schmidt season 3 in the Television thread.  I see how it is!

35 minutes ago, mstrox said:

When all is said and done, Daario will be on the Iron Throne.

Ah, now it all makes sense. Littlefinger is obviously an agent of Darrio's.

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

And yet none of you responded to my post about Kimmy Schmidt season 3 in the Television thread.  I see how it is!

My level of interest in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt > trading fun Titus quotes

My level of interest in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt < reading reviews of it

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't read that thread because it's usually about stuff I don't care about

Good job BB, but I was thinking music from LotR, maybe from The Mumakil cue through to The Shieldmaiden of Rohan from Return of the King

Just from watching your clip it already has more life with Shore's music!

13 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Just goofin' around...

Finally had a chance to watch this...

Brilliant, BB!

It is kinda amazing how well it syncs.  Not necessarily specific sync points necessarily, but more the general mood of the piece and tone changes seem to follow along with how the scene changes.  Certainly gives the entire sequence a more epic feel, no doubt.  And kinda shows how Smaug's attack on Laketown could have been so, so much better done than PJ's version of it.

Caught up with you lot and just went through the thread.

Thankfully your opinion of the new season picked up a bit because for the fisrt two it was mostly "Well that sucks" apart from Jason.

So far it's very good. The logistics make no sense of course and it's not at all clear to me how much time passes between scenes or episodes. An issue GOT always kinda had, but now more than ever. It's nebulous, political intrigue has also been severly dumbed down. Partly because of the requirement of the story, partly because of the slow but steady thinning down of the cast. We know all the characters and have a pretty good idea what it's about. Games Of thrones is now basically just big budget fantasy. But my God it does look epic!

The pace really went up this season. In hindsight waiting for GMM to finish his next book was probably a huge mistake. They should have passed him earlier and not have the show in the doldrums for so long. And Dani should have landed in westeros a season earlier at least!

Good stuff though.

Music is pedestrian though.

Btw, 4 episodes in and we've only seen one pair of tits. GOT all time low?

You don't get to go from Hollyoaks to Game of Thrones without kitting off eventually. With only two short seasons left to go, she probably dared to believe she'd gotten away with it.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The actress got undressed one or two seasons ago, Lee.

Oh wait, we got a peek at Lena Heady's body double again, for no obvious reason.

Probably, I can't remember it though.

10 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Caught up with you lot and just went through the thread.

Thankfully your opinion of the new season picked up a bit because for the fisrt two it was mostly "Well that sucks" apart from Jason.

Erm, I believe I was unusually positive about the episodes so far this season.

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Probably, I can't remember it though.

She was bading in a screen, and Greyworm...admired her figure. as did I. cracking bod!

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Erm, I believe I was unusually positive about the episodes so far this season.

Didnt notice you. Thought you were still over in the Twin Peaks thread. It's where all the action is nowadays, right?

On 10/8/2017 at 9:26 AM, BloodBoal said:

Just goofin' around...

This was much much better than the library music used in the actual episode .

Indeed. You guys fret and obsess over this show and its arc to an inane degree, it's by far the nerdiest thread on here since LotR finally died. It isn't an accessible thread these days.

A redundant tweet. Few care about Martin's version of the story anymore.

28 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Its arc is quite clear and has been for years now. Its just the fine details that we don't know about yet.

I reckon most people watching don't really care too much about those either. 

It's a hunch. That's allowed and normal.

We're close to the end game now. You think of the many millions still tuned in, people still give a fuck about... actually, I just realised - there aren't any "fine details" left in this. It all seems quite straightforward from here, expected twists accepted.

The thing about Game of Thrones, for me at least, is that I don't think it holds up anymore to too much scrutiny, to allow for too much thought about "finer details". Earlier on, that quality was one of its strengths and biggest allures, the cloak and dagger intrigue of it; but there have been some really loose moments since then, and so I find it a much more comfortable watch if I simply regard it as accessible broad entertainment, like The Lord of the Rings trilogy.