GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Indeed. It would be nice if they had something to acknowledge heroism and give us a little musical rallying cry amidst all the very grim events happening all over the story.

Yup! The closest Djawadi's gotten to "uplifting" music is the occasional Dany moment ("Mhysa", opening of the arena scene, etc), but those are some low highs.

I'm sorry, I appreciate Bloodboal's efforts and his heart's in the right place, but that "rescore" was downright awful. Is that really what you guys want Game of Thrones to sound like? Because if it is I'm speechless.

I'm sorry, I appreciate Bloodboal's efforts and his heart's in the right place, but that "rescore" was downright awful. Is that really what you guys want Game of Thrones to sound like? Because if it is I'm speechless.

No not exactly like that but it gives an interesting comparison to what Djawadi brings to the table. I would like the series music to sound certainly something else than what it is currently sounding. At the moment the music is certainly innocuous but it rarely even registers with me at this point. Wallpaper of strings and percussion with a few choral moments thrown in when the budget allows.

Djawadi's work on the series leaves a lot to be desired and the first season's music in particular was pretty much entirely dire, but I still wouldn't swap it for generic Goldsmith in cheesy Hollywood bombast mode. That's not to say I couldn't imagine alternative approaches working, because I certainly could. But not the example given here, since in my view it utterly destroyed the essence and tone of what Game of Thrones is about.

Djawadi's work on the series leaves a lot to be desired and the first season's music in particular was pretty much entirety dire, but I still wouldn't swap it for generic Goldsmith in cheesy Hollywood bombast mode. That's not to say I couldn't imagine alternative approaches working here, because I certainly certainly could. But not the example given here, because in my view it utterly destroyed the essence and tone of what Game of Thrones is about.

Fuck you!

Djawadi's work on the series leaves a lot to be desired and the first season's music in particular was pretty much entirety dire, but I still wouldn't swap it for generic Goldsmith in cheesy Hollywood bombast mode. That's not to say I couldn't imagine alternative approaches working here, because I certainly could. But not the example given here, since in my view it utterly destroyed the essence and tone of what Game of Thrones is about.

Agreed. Though I do think the video was cool because of how well the context cues sync up with the musical cues. In that sense it worked well. But I would not want the actual score to sound like that.

I watched it all Boal. The end was the least offensive part, but I prefer the original. I actually wouldn't change anything about how that spectacular sequence was underscored.

I think Djawadi got the scene right. If he got other scenes right more often, maybe this one would feel right at home instead of in need of some "heroism."

I think there's a difference between "heroic" music and "uplifting" music. I think Djawadi could make more use of the latter while the former is unnecessary and arguably inappropriate for this show.

But that's hardly the music's main problem anyway...

Many musical approaches woud work better than what Djawadi has done.

That kind of Goldsmith, a more low key Goldsmith, pseudomedieval stuff, and more openly electronic music... maybe even all these combined. And yes, diversity of moods in the music. It can even alter the dire feeling of the show.

The best moment in BloodBag's video is when Jon kills the Other.

Doesn't Djawadi's music performed by full orchestra and chorus sound better?

Karol

If they ever released a concert album recording the show's absolute best pieces, it could easily merit a 5-star listening experience. I would just completely ignore the season albums.