GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Well for the first time I am going to be at least partially in the dark about the plot since the series has moved to the events of the 5th book and will probably go beyond next season. :)

"Killing" a character in a season finale is always such a bad idea, because we'll know if he's truly dead or not as soon as Season 6 starts filming. The actor will either show up to work or he won't!

Called it.

That's how they're going to trick us. Kit Harington spends the next six months in Belfast with his hair uncut, so everyone's certain about Jon Snow's survival, but then in Episode 6.01 they burn the body and that's the end of the matter...

I have a hard time believing her.

She might be over-hyping it somewhat, but I don't find it hard to believe that Season 6 will get off to a fairly quick start given how Season 5 ended. In fact, it didn't feel like the ending of a season at all (compared to previous years) given how many threads of the story left their characters in (at the very least) precarious situations; it was more like the middle of a season, so it's plausible enough that Season 6 will hit the ground running. The fact that Seasons 5 and 6 were commissioned simultaneously might be a factor; for the first time, the writers had the opportunity to outline the upcoming story over twenty guaranteed episodes rather than the usual ten.

I'm just gonna go on limb here and say it.

Jon Snow is dead and should remain dead.

Killing a main character and resurrecting him is not only a sci-fi/fantasy cliché, its bad storytelling. It's disingenuous and far too easy a way to create drama.

Oh I agree, killing him is also bad storytelling. But thats what Martin did, thats what the show did.

They should stick to their guns!

We don't know that actually.

Karol

Look at my second link, the actual HBO page. Merchandise for a "dead" character is on sale; Merchanidise for "live" characters isn't.

The Hound's toy is on sale.

Jon Snow's toy is not.

Stannis in the show is dead-dead, right? It's not like in the book where it's left open? Like I imagine it being a trick from Ramsay, but it still shocked me the first time I read it...

Wouldn't it be cool if Stannis came back as an angry revenant hell bent on taking his place as the rightful king of Westeros!

It's kind of funny how Jon has risen to the rank of "most popular character"; because for nearly two seasons he became one of the most uninteresting of the lot. His and Ygritte's scenes bored me half to death.

It's kind of funny how Jon has risen to the rank of "most popular character"; because for nearly two seasons he became one of the most uninteresting of the lot. His and Ygritte's scenes bored me half to death.

Yeah Jon Snow fans know nothing!

He was only really getting interesting again in season 5.

Interesting. Ned beheads a man as a form of execution and died. Robb does the same and get to attend the wedding from hell. Jon does it and he is killed a few episodes later.

Yeah Jon Snow fans know nothing!

Except now they apparently know everything (speculatively) ;)

He was only really getting interesting again in season 5.

Interesting. Ned beheads a man as a form of execution and died. Robb does the same and get to attend the wedding from hell. Jon does it and he is killed a few episodes later.

Coincidence or conspiracy? Hmmm....

Maybe in Book 6, Martin will reveal that there is a Beheaded Men Society, working in secret to have every man carrying out a beheading be killed.

The Headless Hunt?

No wait... that's from another franchise.

Let's hope this doesn't mean her career is going up in flames.

Methinks Lombardo doth protest too much on the issue of Jon Snow being dead.

Although it would be gutsy from Martin to kill him off without much fanfare like that. "Sorry Snow you were dumb and on Westeros dumb people die".

It's pathetic, really. The more they'll try to convince people Jon is dead, the less people will believe them.

It seems pretty effective so far, actually! I don't think they're trying to convince everyone that Jon Snow is dead so much as keep people wondering what's going to happen. Benioff and Weiss had better make Episode 6.01 a popular one; it's going to be the most watched HBO show ever on its initial broadcast...

Apparently, she was cast as the lead role in an upcoming Joan Of Arc movie.

And she's playing Denethor in the remake of The Lord of the Rings.

They skipped Bran's storyline last season, so they need to catch that shit up!

I dont think we will see any Castle Black, Winterfell and only a little Kings Landing.

It will be all about Bran and Hodor, The Vale, Iron Islands and more Dorne in season 6